Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-05-2007, 10:33 AM   #1
Inactive Account

new camera will be announced tomorrow - how do I know?

... because I got sick of waiting and ordered the k10d :-) therefore the new model will no doubt be announced tomorrow.

although the price I got for the k10d, it would be hard to pass up either way (642 after rebate including the kit lens - from dell.com)

09-05-2007, 02:30 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
LOL! I love your reasoning - it's very sound
09-05-2007, 03:06 PM   #3
Veteran Member

...still waiting here....and what's worse is my K10D is STILL in Colorado being operated on (since the 14th of Aug, UGH!) so I am about to go nuts but I keep hoping it will get here soon before my CBA/LBA takes over and I buy something to appease the addiction.
09-05-2007, 04:18 PM   #4
Veteran Member

LOL. Your luck sounds about like mine on occasions, EdZarts. Of course, it could always be worse. My cousin bought his new Minolta (a display model with no returns) from a local store the day before the company threw in the towel.

stewart

09-05-2007, 05:06 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stewart_photo Quote
LOL. Your luck sounds about like mine on occasions, EdZarts. Of course, it could always be worse. My cousin bought his new Minolta (a display model with no returns) from a local store the day before the company threw in the towel.

stewart
Heh... I also bought a minolta after they threw in the towel - the 7d. I had a nice minolta film system (maxxum 9 and a bunch of lenses) and the 7d was going for garage sale prices I think I paid around 750 for it at the time - down from around what, 16 or 1800 originally?

anyway, used that camera until it died - luckily enough sony gave me a refund of the purchase price (as it was still under warranty, only about 10 months old), and at that point I switched to pentax and haven't looked back.

Don't know how I could live without stabilized primes :-)
09-05-2007, 07:21 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sorry to dis-appoint you Ed...but I haven't bought mine yet!
Whats more...there's two K10's in a shop I'm going to be walking past this afternoon, one is the "special" with gold trim and the other is a plain one.
So your safe until I weaken.
Cheers.
Grant
09-05-2007, 10:29 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by EdZarts Quote
Heh... I also bought a minolta after they threw in the towel - the 7d. I had a nice minolta film system (maxxum 9 and a bunch of lenses) and the 7d was going for garage sale prices I think I paid around 750 for it at the time - down from around what, 16 or 1800 originally?

I still have a selection of Minolta film gear, including two Maxxum 7 cameras (several years old, but still going strong), flash units, and accessories. However, my Minoltas had no influence my cousin's decision. He made the choice on his own and I only found out afterwards. The Maxxum 9 was sweat, but above my cringe point. I had considered the Maxxum 7D, but procrastinated until the Minolta announcement. The Pentax K10D is my first DSLR. My experience with digital prior to that was limited to a couple of P&S cameras used solely for snapshots, mainly by my wife.

stewart

09-06-2007, 12:57 AM   #8
Veteran Member

This is very sound reasoning actually! A Nikon mate of mine has indeed bought his D200 the day before Nikon announced their D300. He called me the same day he bought it, proud and relieved he finally decided on his D70 replacement, telling me he would no longer wait and was impressed by his camera. I told him I heard rumours about a press release from Nikon the day after, but he laughed at this news... Until one day later... There was Nikon announcing the impressive D300! He wasn't very happy, but I managed to console him by telling him he would have at least three or four months of time enjoying his new D200 before he would have been able to get his hands on a D300...

Even if Pentax annouces sth soon, the same applies... We'll be able to enjoy our present cameras for a while yet before there's actually sth in the stores to makes us want to replace them...

Wim
09-06-2007, 01:10 AM   #9
Veteran Member

although the price I got for the k10d, it would be hard to pass up either way (642 after rebate including the kit lens - from dell.com)
If I could get it at that price I wouldn't care.
09-06-2007, 03:56 AM   #10
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Matjazz Quote
If I could get it at that price I wouldn't care.
you probably still can - from dell.com - the kit is 899, minus a 20% discount and another 10% off if you pay with paypal. including tax and shipping it came to 692 for me, and then the additional 50$ rebate makes it under 650, which is too good to pass up...
09-06-2007, 07:44 AM   #11
Busiko

... because I got sick of waiting and ordered the k10d :-) therefore the new model will no doubt be announced tomorrow.

Very nice price! I paid twice that amount (Poortugal price) in Jannuary ... and still waiting for the new announcement
09-06-2007, 08:13 AM   #12
Veteran Member

you probably still can - from dell.com - the kit is 899, minus a 20% discount and another 10% off if you pay with paypal. including tax and shipping it came to 692 for me, and then the additional 50$ rebate makes it under 650, which is too good to pass up...
The rebate is only for US people.

In Europe I think you can't find the K10D for less than 750 euros.
10-02-2007, 04:24 PM   #13
Forum Member

sounds about right to me. I just purchased the K10d and couldn't be happier with how its been shooting. Of course, as soon as I buy a telephoto zoom, they'll come out with the mid-priced model I've been looking for
10-02-2007, 05:53 PM   #14

wow, I just looked at dell, on the institutional buyers page,(I work in a conty hospital-supposed to get a "break") no discount - its 900...and on the "normal" buyers page the price is 900 minus only 10% plus tax brings it back to 879.97...
and of course, the rebate is over (figures, the check I was waiting for just came in..)

Seems that Abes of Maine and Buydig are the best prices right now.. 749.00 no tax/no shipping. And 1 of thems is offering a free 1 gig card.
10-02-2007, 09:23 PM   #15
Veteran Member

B&H Photo currently has the K10D body alone for $699.95, the body with SD card for $749.95, the body with 18-55mm kit lens for $749.95, and the body with 18-55mm kit lens & 2GB SD card for $799.95.

stewart