Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-16-2010, 05:52 PM   #61
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well until I have all the lenses I would ever want and at least a few bodies, the X100 will not be in my bag. No matter how pretty it is.

NaCl(but that's just me)H2O

10-16-2010, 06:03 PM   #62
Veteran Member

also voted for the fuji!!!!

that camera has the potential to be what Leica is not any more. for some one like me that only use the pentax 20mm lens anyways its a perfect camera!

I will get it without a doubt it is the camera of my dreams, thou the price should be high similar to the Leica X1 .
actually the camera of my dreams will be the K-5 with a new da 21mm LTD f/2 that is as small as the normal 21mm but with quality like the FA 31mm .
thats the camera of my dreams
10-16-2010, 06:10 PM   #63
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
The thing is that I do own several "general walk-around" primes from 24mm thru 28, 35 and 43mm. None of these lenses stay on my camera long enough to considering devoting a body exclusively to that lens. To be truthful, my "general walk around" lens is either the Tamron 28-70 or if I think I'll need wider than 28mm, I'll go with baby brother, the Tamron 17-50. And I'm primarily a prime shooter. I have no desire whatsoever to limit myself to one focal length. To me that would be like having a tool box with only one non adjustable wrench in it.

NaCl(why permanently limit myself?)H2O
23mm on the Fuji would be closer to 35mm on a FF , one of the most used focal lengths , and the only one I use for street and travel . the pentax 20mm never gets of my camera ever.
unless I am going to take pictures of birds , which I only did once
10-16-2010, 11:50 PM   #64
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by m8o Quote
...but do you think Pentax would have the vision and/or guts to release it with the retro styling? I'm skeptical.
...ummm I'm gunna go ahead and say yes...

10-18-2010, 06:45 PM   #65
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by redpigeons Quote
I will get it without a doubt it is the camera of my dreams, thou the price should be high similar to the Leica X .
Well, the X100 won't be cheap but it's likely to be half the price of the X1. Fuji people at Photokina were muttering something about "around $1000." The Leica is $2000.