Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-15-2011, 04:50 AM   #121
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Gladys, Virginia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 16,243
The expensive part of things is the R and D of the lens itself. It really isn't that expensive, once you have the lens designed, to put a k mount on it. Clearly Sigma has already engineered the specs for other lenses that they have in k mount.

As to the FA * 200 macro, it never was a big seller was it? My understanding was that there were maybe 3000 copies sold world wide. Since it would sell for twice what the DA *200 sells for, I doubt it would be a big seller, but I could be wrong.

08-15-2011, 11:45 AM   #122
Pentaxian
traderdrew's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Florida
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 570
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
As to the FA * 200 macro, it never was a big seller was it? My understanding was that there were maybe 3000 copies sold world wide. Since it would sell for twice what the DA *200 sells for, I doubt it would be a big seller, but I could be wrong.
I would like to get a hold of that 200mm macro. Let's see what Ricoh is going to do. Hoya apparently didn't like manufacturing lenses that didn't sell well enough to invest money in them in the first place. Pentax has this "economy of scale" difficulty. However, if Ricoh wants to take on a giant like Canon, I think they better advertise and add some new lenses.
08-16-2011, 09:47 AM   #123
Moderator
Site Supporter
Blue's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Florida Hill Country
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 17,212
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
The expensive part of things is the R and D of the lens itself. It really isn't that expensive, once you have the lens designed, to put a k mount on it. Clearly Sigma has already engineered the specs for other lenses that they have in k mount.

As to the FA * 200 macro, it never was a big seller was it? My understanding was that there were maybe 3000 copies sold world wide. Since it would sell for twice what the DA *200 sells for, I doubt it would be a big seller, but I could be wrong.
Given the fact that they announced it in k-mount and the withdrew the 150mm macro, I suspect they had some prototypes and beta models in k-mount. Same with the 120-300/2.8 zoom.
10-01-2011, 05:51 PM   #124
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Arizona
Photos: Albums
Posts: 330
Sigma has began listing Sony/Minolta again for available mounts. Is Pentax the next to be brought back to the official website?

10-01-2011, 06:34 PM   #125
Veteran Member
falconeye's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Munich, Alps, Germany
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,863
QuoteOriginally posted by atlnq9 Quote
Sigma has began listing Sony/Minolta again for available mounts. Is Pentax the next to be brought back to the official website?
Thanks for the info.

Just let me remind you that Sigma Germany always listed Sony and Pentax as supported mounts for this lens.
-> 150mm F2.8 EX DG MAKRO OS HSM: SIGMA Deutschland GmbH
They were the first website to list the lens at all too.

I actually checked with them that if this is on purpose. They say it is because both products will become available. Price comparison lists in Germany include the Pentax version too. The Sony listing in the US confirms it.
10-01-2011, 07:12 PM   #126
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Arizona
Photos: Albums
Posts: 330
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Thanks for the info. Just let me remind you that Sigma Germany always listed Sony and Pentax as supported mounts for this lens. -> 150mm F2.8 EX DG MAKRO OS HSM: SIGMA Deutschland GmbH They were the first website to list the lens at all too. I actually checked with them that if this is on purpose. They say it is because both products will become available. Price comparison lists in Germany include the Pentax version too. The Sony listing in the US confirms it.
This is good to hear as the US site had it listed then removed it (along with the Sony/Minolta). Upon speaking with them they said that it was no longer going to become available for Pentax. Can you tell me if the German site still lists the 120-300 2.8 for Pentax as Sigma USA still isn't even listing it for Sony/Minolta?
10-02-2011, 01:17 AM   #127
Pentaxian
RonHendriks1966's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,714
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Thanks for the info.

Just let me remind you that Sigma Germany always listed Sony and Pentax as supported mounts for this lens.
-> 150mm F2.8 EX DG MAKRO OS HSM: SIGMA Deutschland GmbH
They were the first website to list the lens at all too.

I actually checked with them that if this is on purpose. They say it is because both products will become available. Price comparison lists in Germany include the Pentax version too. The Sony listing in the US confirms it.
Just looked and also Sigma 120-300m/f2.8 is listed for Pentax. Hope it will come next year.
10-02-2011, 02:05 PM   #128
Pentaxian
fs999's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Luxembourg
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,745
The Sigma benelux site lists also Pentax, along with Fuji (?!) but it is the old lens without OS...
There is the new lens too : with OS and Pentax is also mentioned...

10-02-2011, 08:50 PM   #129
New Member




Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sydney
Photos: Albums
Posts: 6
For any interested Australian Pentaxians, digitalcamerawarehouse.com.au has it listed for sale in Pentax mount for $1199 AUD. I can't verify that this is correct though. I'd give them a call if you're interested.

Sigma Lens 150mm f/2.8 APO EX DG OS Macro HSM - Digital Camera Warehouse 'The Purple Camera Store'

I also noticed the Q is in stock there for $729.
10-03-2011, 01:00 AM   #130
Inactive Account




Join Date: Feb 2010
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 488
If I were Sigma I would wait until I saw a positive move from the new owners. If it comes you will see all the Sigma in Pentax that you see in others. Right now it would be a very poor business move. In my opinion. Hopefully they have already re-tooled for the Pentax mount. In the above lenses. If so you guys are in luck. I think.

Last edited by garyk; 10-03-2011 at 01:05 AM.
10-05-2011, 08:13 AM   #131
Pentaxian
traderdrew's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Florida
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 570
QuoteOriginally posted by garyk Quote
If I were Sigma I would wait until I saw a positive move from the new owners. If it comes you will see all the Sigma in Pentax that you see in others. Right now it would be a very poor business move. In my opinion. Hopefully they have already re-tooled for the Pentax mount. In the above lenses. If so you guys are in luck. I think.
Perhaps why Sigma decided to wait is because of they are waiting to see what Ricoh does.
10-09-2011, 11:13 PM   #132
Inactive Account




Join Date: Feb 2010
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 488
Traderdrew, I hope Sigma makes the 150m in the Pentax mount for sure....
By the way I looked at your Flickr site and you have the best wildlife photos I have seen here on Pentax.
Really good work ALL.

Hope you don't mind me commenting on your site. but I did not see one bad shot. All very good with Pentax K-5. Wow
Flickr: Andrew's Wildlife's Photostream
10-10-2011, 11:34 AM   #133
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 43,140
According to B&H it is coming, although I'm not sure how reliable that is:
Sigma 150mm f/2.8 EX DG OS HSM APO Macro Lens 106109 B&H Photo

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-10-2011, 02:36 PM   #134
Pentaxian
traderdrew's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Florida
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 570
QuoteOriginally posted by garyk Quote
Traderdrew, I hope Sigma makes the 150m in the Pentax mount for sure....
By the way I looked at your Flickr site and you have the best wildlife photos I have seen here on Pentax.
Really good work ALL.

Hope you don't mind me commenting on your site. but I did not see one bad shot. All very good with Pentax K-5. Wow
Flickr: Andrew's Wildlife's Photostream
Thanks, we both get great shots Gary! I talked to someone else about the Canon 300mm F/2.8. He said it was super sharp also and he has a 500mm F/4 Canon lens. To bad Sigma doesn't seem to match the 300. I still love my 500mm F/4.5. I wish Pentax would give me center weighted autofocus with about five or six focus points around the middle and give us at least 20 autofocus points instead of eleven.

My dream camera is a 600mm F/4 with a low light capable 40 megapixel camera like Pentax's most expensive camera.
11-13-2011, 05:37 PM   #135
Senior Member




Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 183
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
According to B&H it is coming, although I'm not sure how reliable that is:
Sigma 150mm f/2.8 EX DG OS HSM APO Macro Lens 106109 B&H Photo
Still not available. Will we see the Sigma 150mm for Pentax before the new Samyang 24mm?
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
forum, macro, pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors, sigma, sigma 150mm macro
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sigma 105mm Macro in Pentax mount? Shashinki Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 30 09-14-2010 11:27 AM
For Sale - Sold: Kaleinar-3B 150mm f/2.8 (Pentacon-6 w/ K-mount adapter) (US) deadwolfbones Sold Items 15 06-17-2010 02:00 PM
For Sale - Sold: K-mount Sigma 18-50mm DC EX Macro f/2.8 - In UK jptreen Sold Items 6 01-13-2010 12:12 AM
For Sale - Sold: Kaleinar 3B 150mm f2.8 Pentacon 6 mount & Sigma 28-70 EX DG cas Sold Items 8 10-28-2009 10:51 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:49 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top