Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
09-27-2010, 01:27 PM   #76
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by elho_cid Quote
I admire Benjamin's work and his talent and creativity. I seriously think that he is a real artist.
But Pentax probably doesn't want to show that professionals are using their cameras. They are very amateur oriented brand.
Even 645D is designed as a hobbyist camera (but expensive).
Who do you think used the 645 film bodies?

09-27-2010, 01:28 PM   #77
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
A few more images and a few with one of my faves 70 Ltd...These examples both for VOGUE...Oh shot with the K20D.
Attached Images

09-27-2010, 01:29 PM   #78
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Who do you think used the 645 film bodies?
I used to rent the 645 on occasion, but owned a couple of Pentax 67 bodies. Loved them. Only drawback, couldn't shoot Polaroids with them. Did take Pola Backs.
09-27-2010, 01:48 PM   #79
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
I used to rent the 645 on occasion, but owned a couple of Pentax 67 bodies. Loved them. Only drawback, couldn't shoot Polaroids with them. Did take Pola Backs.
I bet the 645D as potential has a rental item. There are still a few outfits that rent the 645 and 6x7 gear.

09-27-2010, 02:14 PM   #80
Inactive Account

@Benjikan

I don't know you, so please excuse me, if I say something what is wrong. I have to work very hard for my passion - the photography. Finally, when I am able to buy new equipment, it's an amazing feeling. Not to compare with the feeling, when someone would give me equipment as a gift.

A few time ago, I read about a photographer who build his own cams and his own lenses. He is an alcoholic, have no wife, a simple apartment but a passion - the photography. His pictures aren't glamour, but they are worth several thousand dollars.

He became famous because he went his own way. Maybe you became famous because you did the same? Maybe you became famous, because you used PENTAX primary and not other brands like all other professionals nowadays? Maybe Pentax made you famous, so it's only fair that you make Pentax famous.

I think it's the wrong way to publish such things in an internet forum. I have read, that Pentax offered you a discount for new equipment. Is that really not enough...
09-27-2010, 03:12 PM   #81
Veteran Member

Dam, Ben beautiful lighting.
09-27-2010, 04:11 PM   #82
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wololo Quote
@Benjikan

I don't know you, so please excuse me, if I say something what is wrong. I have to work very hard for my passion - the photography. Finally, when I am able to buy new equipment, it's an amazing feeling. Not to compare with the feeling, when someone would give me equipment as a gift.

A few time ago, I read about a photographer who build his own cams and his own lenses. He is an alcoholic, have no wife, a simple apartment but a passion - the photography. His pictures aren't glamour, but they are worth several thousand dollars.

He became famous because he went his own way. Maybe you became famous because you did the same? Maybe you became famous, because you used PENTAX primary and not other brands like all other professionals nowadays? Maybe Pentax made you famous, so it's only fair that you make Pentax famous.

I think it's the wrong way to publish such things in an internet forum. I have read, that Pentax offered you a discount for new equipment. Is that really not enough...
Absolutely... Oh, I love photography as well.

Ben

09-27-2010, 04:27 PM   #83
Inactive Account

@ben

thanks for listening without flaming.
btw. great photos!
09-27-2010, 04:39 PM   #84
Inactive Account

Don't worry about it, the K20D has an excellent sensor and especially at 100 iso. Gets the job done... Did these with the DA*16-50 f2.8 (with the new replaced by Pentax AF motor) and my Favorite DA 12-24 f4.0 lens.
WOW (again).........
09-27-2010, 04:55 PM   #85
Pentaxian

Well I'm glad. I think it means they're going to sponsor me!

It's not only camera manufacturers that do this kind of thing for marketing, all the best sports stars never pay for their boots, or bats, or shoes, or helmets or whatever, so that wannabes like us see them with that gear and think, "Wow, that stuff must be good", as testified by a few on here already admitting Ben's influence helped sway them to Pentax. It must be marketing 101 surely?
09-28-2010, 12:09 AM   #86

Don't worry about it, the K20D has an excellent sensor and especially at 100 iso. Gets the job done... Did these with the DA*16-50 f2.8 (with the new replaced by Pentax AF motor) and my Favorite DA 12-24 f4.0 lens.
Can you elaborate on the new replaced pentax af motor? Was there a revision of the DA* 16-50 that has a new af motor?
09-28-2010, 12:49 AM   #87

Wow, great pictures as always, Ben!

You must have a great camera!

You can really tell from these images that it is all about the gear. The SMC (Super Model Coating) on those lenses sure does it's job.

Seriously.....I love how you work with the light. I bet I would enjoy your work even if you had ugly models!

/Tommy
09-28-2010, 05:56 AM   #88
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Daemos Quote
Can you elaborate on the new replaced pentax af motor? Was there a revision of the DA* 16-50 that has a new af motor?
There were several problems with earlier DA* AF motor versions. Pentax replaced the original motors of my 16-50 & 50-135 to the newer updated versions.
09-28-2010, 07:14 AM   #89
Inactive Account

Thanks for the effort, truly appreciated. Unfortunately, it won't work for Pentax. They refused to offer me the K5. They only offered me a Pro discount.

Best
Ben
What's the difference between retail and "pro discount" price?
09-28-2010, 07:24 AM   #90
Veteran Member

+1 to original OP

Shame that Pentax does not cultivate the very few pros with high exposure that are using Pentax currently.

The potential benefits could greatly offset the cost. OK, nobody can force them, but it's a pity.