Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
09-29-2010, 08:18 PM   #106
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yep, even my Squirrels agree that you know your stuff. They do lament that you don't shoot Squirrels.......you don't do you?
Marc, I know you do, and you do a fine job of it too! I'll never equal you guys, but I will keep trying....and I will always have fun doing it!
Best Regards!

09-30-2010, 01:48 AM   #107
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
Then who cares if they make a few low end cameras that look silly to the average pro? It worked for Apple
A fine point!

QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
Nero had a better marketing department than Pentax does
Nice, oh it sets up fine imagery....
09-30-2010, 01:58 AM   #108
Veteran Member

Having caught up with the thread I have to wonder .. we seem to have half a dozen members from Japan, and some non-residents who speak the language (my hat's off to those members!), but does this site have any actual Japanese members who can maybe help bridge the gap between us, the enthusiasts, and Nero's rejects?
09-30-2010, 12:00 PM   #109
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Leaf Fan Quote
What's the difference between retail and "pro discount" price?
I think around 18-22 percent under retail.

09-30-2010, 02:51 PM   #110
Veteran Member

It seems Pentax does see the value in having images produced with their camera's published in prominent places.... perhaps just not fashion magazines?

Welcome to Facebook
10-02-2010, 02:43 PM   #111
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MikePerham Quote
Ben, if the 645D gets a foothold into the Fashion Photography arena, you may well find Pentax sponsoring folks like yourself again. For now however, the Kerrik James types have it all as they are outdoor/nature photographers and that is more the market Pentax targets. Kerric James is sponsord by Pentax and does some very good work that is widely published, though not in Harper's etc..
It is too bad, as there are literally thousands of Fashion Photographers around the world. They should rekindle the Pentax pedegree.
10-02-2010, 06:13 PM   #112
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Wow Ben, you are in a crowded market, I didn't realize that. I guess I am lucky again......not all that many Squirrel shooters, but of course, there doesn't seem to be much demand either. I bet their tails would sell better than their photos.....but then they would look just like rats. Who wants to shoot rats!
Best Regards!

10-03-2010, 05:09 AM   #113
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I guess I am lucky again......not all that many Squirrel shooters, but of course, there doesn't seem to be much demand either.
There aren't that many fox shooters either...crap!

10-03-2010, 06:30 AM   #114

I happen to know quite a few squirrel and fox shooters. It's just that they don't use a camera...............
10-03-2010, 07:33 AM   #115
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
It is too bad, as there are literally thousands of Fashion Photographers around the world. They should rekindle the Pentax pedegree.
It is not my area of speciality, so correct me if I am wrong, but didn't most fashion photographers use the 67 rather than the 645 for their work in the days of film? Of course, in todays digital age, 67 is totally redundant and the 'blads etc., dominate for those seeking a larger format (and can afford a Hasablad).
10-03-2010, 06:18 PM   #116
Forum Member

Ben's work is all over world. Theres one right here! Copy of BAZAAR in Singapore here with Ben's work on it but sadly pentax doesnt know how to make use of such opportunity.
10-04-2010, 01:31 PM   #117
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MikePerham Quote
It is not my area of speciality, so correct me if I am wrong, but didn't most fashion photographers use the 67 rather than the 645 for their work in the days of film? Of course, in todays digital age, 67 is totally redundant and the 'blads etc., dominate for those seeking a larger format (and can afford a Hasablad).
Yes 67 was the choice of many. I had a couple of bodies for a while. Loved them. Like an SLR on Steroids.
10-04-2010, 01:33 PM   #118
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bunegg Quote
Ben's work is all over world. Theres one right here! Copy of BAZAAR in Singapore here with Ben's work on it but sadly pentax doesnt know how to make use of such opportunity.
Which one Harper's BAZAAR Hong Kong or China?
10-04-2010, 02:33 PM   #119
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Yes 67 was the choice of many. I had a couple of bodies for a while. Loved them. Like an SLR on Steroids.
oooohhhhh....noooooomrbill!! Who knew PEDs crept their way into photography decades ago!! And we thought cycling, succer, NFL & MLB were bad!!! Now it's outed that 67's were on the juice!! Was Ansel Adams all 'roided out for those shots? Gawds the horrors!!

10-10-2010, 06:20 PM   #120
Forum Member

Which one Harper's BAZAAR Hong Kong or China?
Singapore
We can get Hongkong and china in the bigger stores too