Vista using Firefox
Core2Duo 3.3ghz, 2GB RAM

09-07-2007, 06:35 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well...

Works fine on my PC.

Vista/IE.

Not that I'll likely look at the site again- don't see the purpose.
09-08-2007, 01:27 AM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mo Quote
The way Pentaxian.com is designed puzzles even me- I have all the latest versions of IE and Flash, yet I still can't really access any part of the site. Maybe it just isn't finished?

Most everything on the site seems to be Flash related, so are you seeing the Flash images on the main page, Mo? If not, reinstall or upgrade Flash. That worked for me and at least one other here. The site seems to be a work in progress, but is mostly together. Therefore, you should be able to see quite a bit more than you suggest above.

stewart
09-08-2007, 01:32 AM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tyler Quote
why use IE? Firefox FTW. That comes in part because I'm a web designer and IE is a pain in the a** to code for but still. FF is faster too. pentaxian.com works perfect on it

Lets not start a browser debate here. Foxfire is just fine. Internet Explorer is just fine as well. Both are fast on the proper hardware. And neither are that difficult to code for with the proper skills. Lets leave it at that and move on.

stewart

09-08-2007, 02:44 PM   #35

Works ok for me on firefox. I did email them about DP Review and not having PentaxForums listed, as this site was filled with loyal Pentax users and a very informative site with much more friendly people.....
09-09-2007, 02:26 AM   #36
Veteran Member

I just emailed them as well Nick with the same query too

The site is working for me ... but it is slow ... and I am using the backbone of one of Australia's largest ISPs (no speed issues here at all).

What's the go with all of the squares on the world map ... with squares (presuming people) that are in the ocean
09-09-2007, 05:59 PM   #37
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mechan1k Quote
(snip) What's the go with all of the squares on the world map ... with squares (presuming people) that are in the ocean

The squares do indeed represent individuals around the world. Hold the mouse pointer over a square and a small pop-up appears with quotes from that person and a picture if submitted.

Click on the "Geographic View" in the upper-right corner (instead of "Random View") and you'll see the squares move to the rough geographical location for each individual represented. The map also grows much larger, but can be moved around using the mouse (place pointer over map and hold down mouse button while moving). You can also make the map smaller using the zoom tool to the far left on the map.

I have not yet figured out what the solid versus hollow squares mean or represent.

stewart
09-10-2007, 01:25 AM   #38

QuoteOriginally posted by stewart_photo Quote
The squares do indeed represent individuals around the world. [...]

I have not yet figured out what the solid versus hollow squares mean or represent.

stewart
Hollow squares represent people without a portrait.

09-10-2007, 07:57 AM   #39

Pentaxian

I have yet to figure out the contest on the site. I clicked on the contest rules, read them and then went back to the map with the squares and tried clicking on several squares,
Anyone else tried it?
09-10-2007, 08:13 AM   #40
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Frakkas Quote
Hollow squares represent people without a portrait.

I thought so too. However, many of the hollow squares have images and many of the filled-in ones don't. It other words, there seems to be no direct connection to the images.

stewart

Last edited by stewart_photo; 09-10-2007 at 08:18 AM.
10-08-2007, 10:27 AM   #41
m8o
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
just informational ... I got a reply to my e-mail a few weeks ago -- urging that pentaxforums.com be added to the Pentaxian website in the community -- that it has been added.