Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
09-25-2010, 08:24 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by K-9 Quote
$10,000 and weather sealed, but not drop proof. Try putting the strap around your neck when walking through rocky rivers, because if you drop it, that's one expensive slip. I never get why people carry cameras in one hand rather than hang it on their neck.
I noticed that too, especially when he walked out of the scene with his right hand holding the camera and not even wrapping the strap around his hand.

09-25-2010, 08:32 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I never get why people carry cameras in one hand rather than hang it on their neck.
I just bought a PENTAX wrist strap today.

But, I love it!

I would always wrap my wrist around my PENTAX or SmugMug strap anyway or use no strap at all. At least I'll have less cramping in my fingers if carrying it for a few hours or all day eg. wedding. If I was trekking through rivers, climbing cliffs or making a path through trees the camera would be in the bag, not dangling around my neck. I'm not a fan of neck straps as I hate the camera just bouncing around while I'm walking. If I were carrying two bodies I'd have something like the BlackRapid DR-1.
09-25-2010, 09:18 PM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mystic Quote
Hope it's not a repost, the guy in the video, seems to be cool, and the review is very positive to 645D.
Now that's great advertising.

The pathetic "The amateurs from Colorado say 'Hi' from a broom cupboard" video should self-destruct from shame of the presence of the above video.

Why must official Pentax pages reference broom cupboard videos rather than this?
09-25-2010, 09:41 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Mmm I'd love a 645D with A Wrist Strap.
Can't wait for a '645 FF' (no crpped one) so the cropped one become 'affordable'.

A friend of mine is Canon user but his eyes are firmly on that 645D, scheduled to be bought end of the year. It is nice to see Canon users looking at the 645D.

09-25-2010, 10:46 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
I have kids, slows me down.
High end SLR, hell yeah.

Does the guy work for Pentax, if not, he should = marketing.
I think he's one of the co-owners at The Camera Store in BC he's usually the one that does all their promo videos.
09-25-2010, 10:49 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sjwaldron Quote
I noticed that too, especially when he walked out of the scene with his right hand holding the camera and not even wrapping the strap around his hand.
I think it was done on purpose to oversell the ruggedization. Did a good job.
09-25-2010, 11:41 PM   #22

The way he walk holding in hand the camera i guess was on purpose, just to emphasize the level of confidence you get from it. Anyway, both videos are very nice, that's the way to go.

09-26-2010, 12:43 AM   #23
Veteran Member

$10,000 and weather sealed, but not drop proof. Try putting the strap around your neck when walking through rocky rivers, because if you drop it, that's one expensive slip. I never get why people carry cameras in one hand rather than hang it on their neck.

Before I sold my K-7 (yesterday) I always carried it around like that .. the way it's made actually makes you confident enough to carry it in the hand. Infact I didn't even have a strap attached.

Wouldn't do it with my K10D.
09-26-2010, 05:25 AM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Now that's great advertising.

The pathetic "The amateurs from Colorado say 'Hi' from a broom cupboard" video should self-destruct from shame of the presence of the above video.

Why must official Pentax pages reference broom cupboard videos rather than this?
+100. The Colorado video was so unbelievably bad. They should hire the Camera Store guy for their promo videos. I'm serious, it was very well done, the HD video on Youtube was of very high quality, he addressed the main points why you should want this camera, etc. It was unpretentious, no overdone marketing babbling, just in-the-field realism and no talking heads in a studio.
09-26-2010, 05:30 AM   #25

suppose the thing is that if the camera was shit he would say so - the pentax broam cupboard lot wouldn't