Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-04-2010, 05:56 AM   #61

Interesting how the K-5 has solved all the issues between FF and APSC, when you can't even buy one yet! I have been disappointed in Pentax before when their claims did not stand up to reality when the camera finally got into users hands.

DR is a wonderful thing and I will be happy if it even comes close to the D700, but without a far better AF, the K-5 isn’t worth the price Pentax seems to feel it is worth to me.

We shall see when it is released!

Tom

10-04-2010, 06:51 AM   #62
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by brecklundin Quote
btw, it's worth mentioning that many of the Canon bodies people think are 1.0x FF are not...for Canon at last check only the 5D and 5D mkII along with the 1Ds series of bodies (1Ds, 1Ds Mark II and 1Ds Mark III). Yeah some debate the 5D bodies are true1.0x FF sensor bodies but they are for all intents and purposes.

However all the remaining Canon "FF" are actually 1.3x bodies (1D, 1D Mk.II, 1D Mk.IIn & 1D Mk.III). Well actually all but the 1D Mk.III are 1.25x while the 1D Mk.III is indeed a 1.3x sensor. But they are still APS-H sensors...
I don't think I've ever heard anyone claim that the 1D series were FF. The fact that they're APS-H is pretty well-established. Don't forget to add the 1D Mark IV to the APS-C lineup, too.
10-04-2010, 10:22 AM   #63
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
for what it's worth, the only 2 things that is unique to the FF system is the DOF and FOV (sorry, but this is due to sensor size). big and bright OVF would be another one but I think the upcoming development on the hybrid APS-C or m4/3 mirrorless systems are somewhat getting close to achieving that.
Right, and the DOF and FOV differences cut both ways--sometimes to an advantage and sometimes to a disadvantage.

Rob