Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-29-2010, 03:53 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax USA Promoting K5 on BLOG

While trolling through my usual blogs and websites (including Pentax Forums of course) I came across an interesting development on The Online Photographer: Cameras, new

In addition to a brief positive article regarding the K5 on the site., the site owner included the following disclaimer Disclosure: If you'll glance to the left a bit you'll notice that Pentax is this site's major advertiser.

Sure enough I looked to the left and there was an Pentax Ad promoting the K5.

Let hope that this is the beginning of a significant US advertising campaign promoting the K5 and KR Cameras.

09-29-2010, 05:51 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Cool! Thanks for sharing! The site talks about some other cool camera kit too... i like the review of the new sigma sensor and camera. the weird kid in the class is no longer pentax!
09-29-2010, 08:28 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I like the write up on the X100....too bad I don't have the budget for a K-5 (which I plan to get a bit later) AND a X100.

A compact 12 MP APS-C with a high-quality normal prime-lens f/2 aperture.....it would be a lovely walkaround camera.
09-29-2010, 08:49 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Mike Johnston's a big fan of Pentax, and Pentax has been a sponsor of his well-known blog for ages.

The main reason he puts that disclaimer in is to avoid the (inevitable) claims of bias towards Pentax, a claim that comes up from the hordes of techno-hipsters and wannabe pros every time Pentax releases a new camera and the writer doesn't pan it.

EDIT: I think this thread title is a little misleading. That specific post on TOP has NOT been put there by Pentax. Pentax hadn't given Mike any special treatment in regards to the K-5, he writes about EVERY new camera that comes along.

09-29-2010, 11:28 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I would class Mike as more of a glass addict than a camera addict
Thumbs up on his blog though... Always enjoyable
09-30-2010, 05:58 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by lithos Quote
EDIT: I think this thread title is a little misleading. That specific post on TOP has NOT been put there by Pentax. Pentax hadn't given Mike any special treatment in regards to the K-5, he writes about EVERY new camera that comes along.
Not every new camera by a long shot.
09-30-2010, 10:31 AM   #7
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
just sold my K-7 and waiting for the K-5 to be available in US.