Veteran Member

Ah yes,

The latest Pentax...in "too embarrassing to be stolen pink" -

10-09-2010, 11:20 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by 24X36NOW Quote
The latest Pentax...in "too embarrassing to be stolen pink" -
Makes it easy to spot when your camera has been nabbed!
10-12-2010, 03:35 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hcarvalhoalves Quote
I for one would love a K-r like this: [silver]
Isn't it a joke that silver isn't any of the 3 colors (black, white, red) offered outside of Japan?
10-12-2010, 04:03 AM   #19
Inactive Account

People, you're all missing the point of the post.

10-12-2010, 04:29 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lithos Quote
People, you're all missing the point of the post.
Flash vs. HTML5 doesn't belong in the Pentax Cameras section. Nobody missed the point.
10-13-2010, 01:00 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
You know, I have as much use for a colored camera as a Boar Hog has for tits, yet in my old age and non-conformity I do see this as an excellent Marketing breakthrough for Pentax......and they certainly need help in that area! Although not for me, I can see your excitement, and applaud it!
Best Regards
(Old) Rupert
but maybe more than said Boar Hog's Teats have for a "purple nurple"?
10-13-2010, 01:48 AM   #22

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Flash vs. HTML5 doesn't belong in the Pentax Cameras section. Nobody missed the point.
Bingo. And no, iPhones are not popular in Japan at all (iPads? No idea).

10-13-2010, 01:49 AM   #23

Isn't it a joke that silver isn't any of the 3 colors (black, white, red) offered outside of Japan?
Very much so...
10-13-2010, 01:50 AM   #24

Navy blue body, black grip, navy lens look really nice, otherwise, storm trooper colours (white on black). Sweet.
10-13-2010, 02:24 AM   #25
Veteran Member

silver would be quite spiffy with silver limiteds mounted on the body. puuuurty!!
10-13-2010, 08:01 AM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kittykat46 Quote
The fastest growing segment of the dSLR market is likely the 20-somethings buying their first dSLR, including an increasing number of young women.

Coloured cameras definitely don't hurt sales among the group.
If Pentax can sell more cameras, it may well provide more funding for more lenses, faster AF etc. ...and well all benefit.
One of my (young female) coworkers chose a K-x for pretty much this reason.

She wanted a DSLR, and she wanted it *red*.
10-13-2010, 09:06 AM   #27

What's wrong with liking some color every now and then? I really like that "robotic colored" k-x they offered a while back...

Japan gets the Pentax K-x in “robotic colors” (limited edition)
10-14-2010, 01:17 AM   #28
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by peppermonkey Quote
Bingo. And no, iPhones are not popular in Japan at all (iPads? No idea).
Is that sarcasm? iPhones are popular here in Tokyo. Six months ago it had already hit 15% of the market despite being on by far the worst network. The first phone to cause people to switch providers, too (it's a big deal to change your phone email address here). You see iPads every time you get on the train nowadays.

I've said this before but I'll try again. The colours aren't just for women. Everyone goes for that stuff here in Japan. People ornament their cameras here, too: three of my SLR's have a cellphone fobs hanging off of them because I'm constantly given the things.
10-14-2010, 08:21 AM   #29

QuoteOriginally posted by uccemebug Quote
Is that sarcasm? iPhones are popular here in Tokyo. Six months ago it had already hit 15% of the market despite being on by far the worst network. The first phone to cause people to switch providers, too (it's a big deal to change your phone email address here). You see iPads every time you get on the train nowadays.

I've said this before but I'll try again. The colours aren't just for women. Everyone goes for that stuff here in Japan. People ornament their cameras here, too: three of my SLR's have a cellphone fobs hanging off of them because I'm constantly given the things.
errr...I'm not sure where those numbers are coming from but the numbers I see is that the iPhone has a ~72% market share in smartphones in Japan which comes up to be about 4.9% cellphone market share in total. Now, if you have newer numbers than I do (April 2010 I believe) I would definitely want to see it as I'm very interested to see how the landscape is changing.

As for the Pentax colours, I don't see the colours taking off outside of Japan but if they do wish to grab a larger market share outside of Japan, it would be nice (imo) if they would create some more solid colours. The colours they have right now seems either a little pastel like or just slightly off making some of the colours cheap looking. Oh well, this is probably just my bias speaking though. I'm sure they know what they are doing. I would welcome more colours into Canada though...
10-14-2010, 02:42 PM   #30
Veteran Member

I want animal fur covered Pentax bodies...maybe baby harp seal would be perfect...or porpoise skin would be cool as well.