Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-13-2010, 11:21 AM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Great to see Ned in real life for once and not just in a static picture. I mailed with him a few times over the past years, but it's sure nice to see the man in action, which confirmed the idea I formed of him as a person actually.

In this interview, I think he did a great job. The right questions not being asked is obviously the interviewer's fault, but I don't think Ned would have been at liberty to tell anything not known yet. These questions were not easy ones, since I can imagine these were not the questions Ned anticipated and as such might have prepared for.

Imagine the opposite and Ned trying to push information on the cameras inspite of the questions... He wouldn't have given a great impression then...

I think his approach is important, because it shows Pentax culture and feel for their customers. I think that's more important than specs in creating an image, which is what Pentax still needs imho. After all the specs are for all to see and compare, nothing much he can do about that. And even if he would go into detail, he probably would have lost interest of most of the audience of this video. Sneeking in comments that show his concern for the serious photographer, being one himself, is subtle and goes much further in creating the right impression than any tech-talk...

Just a few random thoughts...

Wim

10-13-2010, 12:56 PM   #47
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by glanglois Quote
As always, depends on what you're looking for.

Me? I'll pay, eventually, for sealed body, dual dials, better bracketing, larger buffer, etc.

Only you can decide where you find value, if any, in K5.
What I am looking for?

All of what the K7 can do, PLUS better AF and quality high ISO handling, that's about it.

JP
10-13-2010, 02:14 PM   #48
Veteran Member

In that case, it appears that the K-5 has another buyer. Welcome!
10-13-2010, 05:11 PM   #49
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
So, Falk ... if the K-r is similar ("pretty close") to the K5, and if someone like me owns a K7, would you think that it would be a foolish move for me to upgrade to the K5?
Simple answer: not if you can appreciate the added sophistication inherent in the K-7/5. The last 10% are always the most difficult and expensive ones.

10-13-2010, 06:08 PM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by glanglois Quote
In that case, it appears that the K-5 has another buyer. Welcome!
... Good reply!

In my case, I am quite certain which camera to buy within the next few months ... after much testing and reviews, of course.

JP
10-13-2010, 06:15 PM   #51
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Simple answer: not if you can appreciate the added sophistication inherent in the K-7/5. The last 10% are always the most difficult and expensive ones.
True enough, Falk.

I have a K7 and I do appreciate what it can do.

I am just not patient enough, that's the problem!

I am anticipating great results from upcoming real ("pro" tests) and "real life" (users' reports and samples) K5 tests, and then possibly the 10% "extra" will not be an issue.

Falk, I am sure you're out there making plans for another round of tests ("pro" tests) on the K5, or perhaps it has started already?

Cheers.

JP