Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-11-2010, 03:33 PM   #61
Veteran Member

You have all the details here about Kenko and Tokina
Tokina is an affiliate of Kenko,. Nothing else to say
And also you can see the ralationship with Hoya
As you can see the Honorary Chairman of Hoya , is one of the shareholder of Kenko . Hoya is not a shareholder. That different

Kenko International

CORPORATE PROFILE

Trade name Kenko Co., Ltd.
Location of head office 3-9-19 Nishi-Ochiai, Shinjyuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan (Tel:03-5982-1060)
Date of foundation September 21, 1957
Capital 100 million JPYen
Annual sales 18 billion yen (for the year ending in Feb., 2006)
Number of employees 235
Shares Total number of shares issued: 200,000 shares, Amount of par value common share: 500 yen
Main shareholders Toru Yamanaka, Kazuyo Yamanaka, Tetsuo Suzuki and others
Main banks Mizuho Bank (Yaesuguchi Branch), Tokyo Mitsubishi UFJ Bank (Shinjyuku Branch)
and Shoko Chukin Bank (head office)

Clients appointed photo studios, agents of optical products, manufacturers of electric appliances, precision machinery and office automation equipment, and others
Affiliates Inside Japan

Tokina Co., Ltd.

SLIK Corporation.
Kenko Optical Co., Ltd.
Kenko Professional Imaging Co., Ltd.
Friend Optics Co., Ltd.
Foreign countries
THK Photo Products Inc.(USA)
Philippine Kenko Corp.(Philippine)
Kenko.Tokina.Slik.Corp.(Philippine)
Slik Thailand Co., Ltd.(Thailand)
Tokina Industrial Inc.(USA)
Sightron,Inc.(USA)
Changchun Tokina Optical Products Co., Ltd.
Zhongshan Kenko Tokina Precision Industry Co., Ltd.
Nantong Kenko Optical Products Co., Ltd.
Shanghai Kenko Trade Co., Ltd.

Directors Representative Director: Toru Yamanaka (President)
Director: Kato (Manager of Wide Area Sales Department)
Director: Kanji Ohori (Manager of Domestic Sales Department)
Director: Akifumi Ono (Manager of Optics Sales Department)
Director (part-time): Mamoru Yamanaka
(Consultant of Hoya Co., Ltd.)

Director (part-time): Tetsuo Suzuki
(Honorary Chairman of Hoya Co., Ltd.)

Auditor: Isao Shirakami
Auditor (part-time): Kazuyo Yamanaka

10-12-2010, 09:03 AM   #62
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Thank you........
10-13-2010, 03:20 PM   #63
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
I'm beginning to suspect DC is not DC/AC but some other initials such as "direct coupled" meaning the motor is not reduction geared. Of course this brings us back to the Pentax patents and the "ring motor" which is not Ultrasonic in any manner.
Why advertise a DC motor.? and they certainly don't list it as "their tech"...
Tokina DC = Dual Clutch?
10-13-2010, 04:19 PM   #64
Veteran Member

Hiroshi Suzuki (Hoya CEO) & Tetsuo Suzuki.. I was told they are brothers.. Yutaka Yamanaka is a cousin of Hiroshi Suzuki (Hoya CEO) Shigeru Yamanaka co founded Hoya in 1941.. So the way I see it the HoyaTax Kenko/tonkia relationship is more than business.. There are strong family ties between the companies.. It would be nice if Kenko/Tonika could make a WR 1.4 TC and a 11-16mm f2.8 for Hiroshi Suzuki's birthday for his Pentax K-5 lol...

10-13-2010, 10:31 PM   #65
Veteran Member

Whats the big deal?

Tokina makes pentax optics for nikon and canon. These lenses use the same patents, but ultimately are housed in less desirable casings than the pentax offerings (which one must pay extra for). They do not have pentax coatings, quick shift, WR, or image stabilization. The difference in price is only a couple hundred dollars.

With no SDM issues (which I assume DC is meant to rectify), then I don't see a real value gap.
10-14-2010, 07:20 AM   #66
Veteran Member

This is the first clear verification of the Hoya-Tokina tie. Somebody should pin this post so it is more easily retrieved. Does PF has a wiki?

QuoteOriginally posted by bobmaxja Quote
Kenko International

Main shareholders Toru Yamanaka, Kazuyo Yamanaka, Tetsuo Suzuki and others
Tokina Co., Ltd.
Director (part-time): Mamoru Yamanaka
(Consultant of Hoya Co., Ltd.)
Director (part-time): Tetsuo Suzuki
(Honorary Chairman of Hoya Co., Ltd.)
Auditor (part-time): Kazuyo Yamanaka
A strong presence of Yamanaka and Suzuki families as shareholders and with part-time functions.

If Tetsuo Suzuki is honory chairman of Hoya and Hiroshi Suzuki is CEO, then it is safe to assume that both are the same family.

QuoteOriginally posted by Adrian Owerko Quote
Hiroshi Suzuki (Hoya CEO) & Tetsuo Suzuki.. I was told they are brothers.. Yutaka Yamanaka is a cousin of Hiroshi Suzuki (Hoya CEO) Shigeru Yamanaka co founded Hoya in 1941..
Which means that Yamanaka and Suzuki are the same family actually.

The strongest statement is Tetsuo Suzuki being honary chairman of Hoya, the company run by his presumed brother. Which means that both companies are family run businesses, not just with some family members in similiar board positions "by accident".
10-14-2010, 11:18 AM   #67
Pentaxian

Yes, since it's important not only the existence but also the extent of such a tie; i.e. Hoya doesn't own Tokina, even though there's a special relationship between them.

10-14-2010, 12:11 PM   #68
Veteran Member

The family that owns the controlling share of Hoya also owns the controlling interest in Kenko. The same people run both companies.
10-14-2010, 12:34 PM   #69
Pentaxian

Please read more carefully what I've said, if that was directed to me. I was only arguing about the idea of Hoya themselves owning Tokina (so they could sell them), not that there aren't common shareholders. So far, I more than proven that point (myself, and with the help of others).

We can easily see Hoya's first 10 shareholders, Mr. Mamoru Yamanaka holds about 2.07% - but how relevant is that?
HOYA CORPORATION|Investor Relations