150-200mm macro 6510.05%
DA*400/f4 11818.24%
Dual SDXC-Slots 14923.03%
P-TTL II with radio 10516.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 647. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-12-2010, 11:59 AM   #46

Original Poster
Has anybody some information to this "big poll" for the lenses? i think havn't been here when it happend, maybe we can learn some things from this one.

10-12-2010, 12:44 PM   #47

PM Adam or a mod and ask them about it maybe? Or ask Kevin Schoenmakers since I'm 75% sure that poll was his idea but wait until he confirms that perhaps. Like I said I could be wrong about that so probably just PM Adam or a mod lol.

As far this poll goes though I voted for FF and AF everything almost exclusively with the addition of the lens roadmap. FF is really just something I want though, and the option of new and more rugged flashes wasn't in the poll.
10-12-2010, 01:07 PM   #48
Inactive Account

I did not see DFS on your poll.

While I have four Pentax film cameras I will not buy a Pentax DSLR that forces the DFS. It's a killer for me. I recently picked up a Canon 10d to test and will most likely be in the market for a new DSLR in the spring. Pentax has till then to fix the DFS issue for me.

William
10-12-2010, 01:23 PM   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by glanglois Quote
* Auto correction spell checker for this forum. Realy. That doesn't depend on manuel changes.
I knew a Manuel Garcia once. Never met Manuel Video Control though.

10-12-2010, 01:31 PM   #50

Original Poster
@ Will

You dont see DFS there, because it is almost certain( everything indicates) that you will have full controll over DFS.
10-12-2010, 01:39 PM   #51
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I could use a bigger buffer and definately use a larger macro (maybe a little bit less expensive too). I added the tracking AF, more AF fields and more fps so as not to totally waste my vote.

(I actually could use a wider than 35mm macro for work, but cannot get my boss to allow the expense - cheapskate!).
10-12-2010, 05:03 PM   #52
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This poll is phrased all about other things and conditions than ...well, much.

It didn't include the important things:

1) Available focusing screen for fast lenses and MF. Keep speeding up the AF system, but accuracy first.

2) Work out the flash system. Like, bring back true TTL and/or make cameras that'll work with other protocols. No percentage in trying to profit on a proprietary flash in a company this size, anyway

3) Uncrippled K-mount on some model or variant, and/or release more of the good old lenses in DFA skins.

Then again, when they asked this a couple of years ago, it was much the same, only I held up my K20d, and said "Screen for fast lenses!" and otherwise said, "Flash system, excellent viewfinder, and AF assist. Otherwise, put this in metal!"

They're doing OK.
10-12-2010, 05:10 PM   #53

Original Poster
you see, that is the difference, not many people seem to have the same opinion like you.

The flash upgrade with radio is not very often chosen and the tracking AF despite accuracy was hit pretty often

10-12-2010, 05:17 PM   #54
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mehlsack Quote
you see, that is the difference, not many people seem to have the same opinion like you.

The flash upgrade with radio is not very often chosen and the tracking AF despite accuracy was hit pretty often
Well, we don't really need a 'P-ttl 2' ...plain old (actual) TTL would be fine, if the engineering can be done. (P-ttl measures a pre-flash through the lens, not the exposure itself. It's cause of where they put the meter. I mostly use old-fashioned flash if at all, anyway, but if we're going high-tech, let's have it. )
10-12-2010, 05:39 PM   #55
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I'm confused here....so far 74 people (~33%!!!) wasted a vote on a piece of PAPER? Pleeeeease, you feel adding a "Lens Roadmap" improves the Pentax line somehow? Seriously?......I mean REALLY?

now wonder so many people find it easy to take pot-shots at people using Pentax these days...

Last edited by brecklundin; 10-12-2010 at 05:44 PM.
10-12-2010, 05:51 PM   #56
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by privateryan Quote
Man that's a great idea. Aren't you the one that collaborated with Adam on that poll (correct me if i'm wrong)?
Yes, correct. But you'll have to ask Adam about organising such a thing, I don't have any authority around here
10-12-2010, 06:50 PM   #57
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I don't think we're going to have a big enough sample size to be interested, and the self-selected nature of the poll kind of unbalances the whole thing.

But that said, I do want to complain about the lack of a "fast weathersealed normal prime" option.
10-12-2010, 07:11 PM   #58

what do you mean with an uncrippled k-mount?
Since you apparently didn't even know what an uncrippled K-mount was before this thread started I don't think you could really understand how great an effect it would on metering.

Actually I totally agree with RML on all counts. Those options weren't on the poll however so I adjusted accordingly. Also see below

QuoteOriginally posted by Marcoz Quote
i would like k-mount uncrippled, at least on higher model, and availability of a split screen along with in camera support for correct metering with it (i think higher models from canon have this option).
hmmm I guess others do have the same opinion
10-12-2010, 07:15 PM   #59

QuoteOriginally posted by kevinschoenmakers Quote
Yes, correct. But you'll have to ask Adam about organising such a thing, I don't have any authority around here
I might do that, as I think the results might prove interesting.
10-12-2010, 09:25 PM   #60
Veteran Member

Couldn't think of anything I wanted from that list. My list would look like:
+ real metering for manual-focus lenses
+ manual control dials for ISO, exposure compensation and shutter speed (latter being on the PASM dial)
+ API for third-party software/hardware solutions
+ Fast 28mm lens (with aperture ring)
+ a high-quality p&s in the general S95/G12 ballpark

You know, a more interesting breakdown of interests might divide dSLR functionality from lenses and marketing efforts and so on. Also, allowing for a rated degree of interest (0 = none, the default .. 5 is urgent interest) would help. Using survs.com you can easily build such an interface. For free.