Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-15-2010, 01:30 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lensbaby Scout for Pentax mount

Lensbaby announced their Scout a few weeks back (including in Pentax mount). It seems to have been missed on this site with all of the Hoya/Pentax camera and lens discussion.

RRP $250 for a 12mm f4 with manual focus.

Hmmm.

10-15-2010, 02:14 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
250$?For a circular fish eye that cover only a 160 field of view?
10-15-2010, 06:46 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by openyourap Quote
Lensbaby announced their Scout a few weeks back (including in Pentax mount). It seems to have been missed on this site with all of the Hoya/Pentax camera and lens discussion.
Looks like it uses the optic-swap system, so it'd work well as a base for the pinhole/zone-plate optic as well.
10-15-2010, 06:50 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eurostar Quote
250$?For a circular fish eye that cover only a 160 field of view?
And with a minimum focusing distance of half an inch!

10-15-2010, 09:10 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I have a composer, plastic optic, soft focus, and zone plate/pinhole. I'll probably get this. I've been very please with their products. It's unfortunate that their tilt shift right now only accepts Nikon lenses.
10-15-2010, 06:28 PM   #6

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stanleyk Quote
I have a composer, plastic optic, soft focus, and zone plate/pinhole. I'll probably get this. I've been very please with their products. It's unfortunate that their tilt shift right now only accepts Nikon lenses.
If you're talking about the Tilt Transformer, this is one more reason to want a camera with a smaller registration distance (it's only available for mirrorless cameras).

I've already had a rant elsewhere on the forums about how great a 645 or 67-k mount adapter with tilt would be. The same would be great for k mount lenses on any future "micro k" cameras.

In the meantime, I would love for the Tilt Transformer to accept k mount lenses.
10-15-2010, 07:01 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by openyourap Quote
If you're talking about the Tilt Transformer, this is one more reason to want a camera with a smaller registration distance (it's only available for mirrorless cameras).

I've already had a rant elsewhere on the forums about how great a 645 or 67-k mount adapter with tilt would be. The same would be great for k mount lenses on any future "micro k" cameras.

In the meantime, I would love for the Tilt Transformer to accept k mount lenses.
I have an E-P2 and actually have one Nikon 50mm lens left over from many years ago when I had an N90S. I found it couple of months back.

If they made the tilt shift for K mount I would buy one. They might eventually.
10-16-2010, 01:23 AM   #8
Veteran Member

The problem with a 645 tilt adapter is that the shortest wide is 33mm, which on APS-C is a normal lens.

On MFT you can use the Sigma 8-16, which is nicely wide, but I don't know if the cover circle is large enough to allow a lot of tilt.