Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-16-2010, 01:45 PM   #1
Forum Member

Pentax at the Henry's Photo Show in Toronto

Hi Guys,

If you are in the GTA, have the time to check out the Henry's Photo Show, and would like to check out the K-5, K-r and 645D, you have until tomorrow to do so!

I just got back this afternoon and got to try out the K-5 and 645D.

Nothing much new to talk about these cameras - the AF is fast. Liveview AF is a dream to use and subjectively the camera handle just as well, if not better than the K-7.

Couldn't take photos as the hardware was pre-production even though the firmware was showing 1.0.

Pentax reps mentioned K-5 stock is on the way to Canada and should be arriving very soon. No word on colours for the 35 f/2.4 coming to Canada apart from the standard black.

I took some photos of the K-5 with the 645D they had on hand (I wish I had the $10,500 CDN to get one of these..I guess it'd be more as I'd need to get the lens too..)

Photos can be found at the following flickr set link!

http://flickr.com/gp/loafer/D85039

Note: Photos are still uploading slowly... more will be added over the next couple hours.

Last edited by loafer; 10-16-2010 at 02:12 PM.
10-16-2010, 08:52 PM   #2
Forum Member

Great show, was there today, will be back on Sunday to make some final purchase decisions.
A lot of bargains to be had IMO.
10-16-2010, 10:20 PM   #3
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by humbr Quote
Great show, was there today, will be back on Sunday to make some final purchase decisions.
A lot of bargains to be had IMO.
Strange. Was there today also but didn't find anything in particular that I would call a big bargain. Course I only had an eye for particular items so I suppose I probably missed any good deals. Anything in particular you noticed? Not that it would matter I suppose since I won't be going back tomorrow. Oh well.
10-17-2010, 08:06 PM   #4
Forum Member

Epson printers at 50% off, mini tripods for $8, lots of bags, Sigma 18-200 $150 off, etc.
Only a bargain if you need it of course.

10-18-2010, 11:08 AM   #5
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by humbr Quote
Epson printers at 50% off, mini tripods for $8, lots of bags, Sigma 18-200 $150 off, etc.
Only a bargain if you need it of course.
Ahh, lol, yeah, that would be some bargains that I would have missed Thanks.