Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-23-2010, 11:37 PM   #16
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
I hate to act the part of the pedant, but you are using the term third party incorrectly.
Pentax is not a third party company.
Sigma is a third party company.
Tamron is a third party company.
Zeiss has morphed into a third party company.
There are many definitions of the term "third party" depending on the context used. Indeed in a manufacturing sense, Pentax is the primary (first party) manufacturer of the end product (the camera), and Sigma/Tamron are third party manufacturers of supplementary components (lenses).

I was intending to use the term "third party" as an extension of the political term, which means in a system heavily dominated by two parties, smaller players are referred to as "third parties", despite ostensibly being equal primary providers.

Perhaps this is not strictly an appropriate extension to make to a business market, but I have seen it used as such before, and I hope everyone knew what I meant.

10-24-2010, 04:41 PM   #17

Picked up my K5 from Don's Photo on Thursday night .... the same day they phoned me that it had come in. Have only used it on one outing so far but have been very impressed with it.
10-25-2010, 02:11 AM   #18
nah

Photos: Gallery
In BC, Broadway Camera has it listed for 1529.99, which surprised me. I think the other local stores have it for 1599.99.