Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-26-2010, 11:12 AM   #31

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
That would be great....in time for my Birthday, and stop my ranting about the price! I am so sick of reading my own rants that any relief is greatly appreciated!
Regards!
LOL!

10-26-2010, 01:01 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by brecklundin Quote
I get the same "helpful" response every time...I have never received ANY high dollar rebate and frankly my time is worth more than the amount I would get back ****ing with the "incorrect" denial...and let's just say they come across as condescending. It is a well know fact that these companies unintentionally-intentionally deny valid claims because the less they pay out the more they get to keep from the fund.

Something to ponder while you sit on your high-horse is you have no idea who I am or what I do for a living and for how long I have been doing it. And if you bothered doing some research on the issue of denial quota's for these slime-ball rebate processors you could have a better idea of how frequent the denials happen.

Happy you have been in the lucky category.
I too have never had a rebate refused. And I've sent in a ton of them. The worst problem I've ever had was when I sent in the rebate form before thoroughly checking out the lens I bought. I had a very hard time returning the lens for a soft focus issue. But the rebate came thru exactly 3 weeks after I sent it in.

NaCl(maybe I'm lucky too)H2O
10-26-2010, 01:53 PM   #33
Veteran Member

I never have a rebate refuse as I follow the requirement . Many rebate you can follow treatment on the internet
10-26-2010, 02:27 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The only rebate I never received was from Pentax when I bought my K100D in 07. I sent the rebate forms in and 2 weeks later Pentax changed company's that was handling the rebates and they lost my forms.

10-28-2010, 02:32 PM   #35
Veteran Member

I dunno if there will be an additional rebate offered after this one expires but the folks at Pentax were handing this out at their very small booth at the PDN/Photo Plus Expo in NYC today.
Attached Images

10-28-2010, 02:50 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Another thing about rebates is that if you don't get it back, call them and ask. I have a rebate that was issued almost a year after it expired, because of delays in processing. I had to email back and forth around 5 times, but in the end I did get my rebate (50$). Take pictures / scan your UPC codes and receipts so you can reproduce them infinitely.
10-30-2010, 07:59 AM   #37
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
It looks as though there isn't going to be a 200 dollar rebate on Nov. 4th if they have a 100 dollar rebate still going on, on the 4th allready. But I'll wait till the 4th to see, I can always order my camera's then.

10-30-2010, 08:10 AM   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Fl_Gulfer Quote
It looks as though there isn't going to be a 200 dollar rebate on Nov. 4th if they have a 100 dollar rebate still going on, on the 4th allready. But I'll wait till the 4th to see, I can always order my camera's then.
To be truthful, I kinda doubt it. The Yen is as high as it has been for 15 yrs against the dollar. ouch

NaCl(possible but not likely with that kind of exchange rate)H2O