Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-05-2010, 06:41 PM   #76
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Col Quote
What the hell, he's probably been quiet as there isn't a Shutter Blur Issue with the K-5 there isn't any blur! And I can tell you we've checked for it. But I recommend you don't buy the K-5 because the soft jpeg issue in the K10d.
QuoteOriginally posted by Rite Quote
===============================

Bljidar Dimitrov is quite the artist, by anyone's standards. He really knows his stuff!

Welcome to Bojidar Dimitrov's Pentax K-Mount Page
Agreed! It's an excellent resource, no question. I refer to it at least 1-2 times per week.

However, I should point out that the weight of several of the super telephotos listed is a bit misleading. For example, the advertised weight for the FA* 250-600/5.6 and the FA* FA* 600/4 is the lens weight only - 5400g and 6800g respectively. That is without the tripod collar. Add approx. 400g (nearly a pound) for the tripod collar and you will have the actual weight. I confirmed that this is the case on my lens: the FA* 250-600/5.6 weighs in at ~5800g with the tripod collar. I use an Ultimate Digital Alpine Scale from Feedback Sports. The scale has a 10g display resolution and is accurate to 0.005 x actual weight or in this specific case a mere 29g variance. This kind of scale is used at UCI cycling events to ensure minimum bike weights are met. I also use the scale to weigh my camera gear luggage to ensure they fall under the max. weight allowance.

Apparently this weight listing method is common practice amongst many manufacturers. I sent the website owner a note about it, but never received a reply... I tried! I am not trying to correct anyone - just thought proper disclosure would be a good thing.

Regards,
Marc

11-05-2010, 06:56 PM   #77
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Marc Langille Photography - Adventure, Nature, Travel & Wildlife Images

Your photography is inspired! What is your favorite camera body?
11-06-2010, 08:00 AM   #78
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rite Quote
Marc Langille Photography - Adventure, Nature, Travel & Wildlife Images

Your photography is inspired! What is your favorite camera body?
Rite, thank you so much for the kind words!

Now that is a tough question...! For macro and landscape work, it's the K10D - low ISO is phenomenal. The K20D was a great camera up to ISO 1250 and I captured some great images images with it.

I'd like more resolution of course - that's why I know I will be buying a K-5 at some point, just not sure when. It may be the camera I've wanted for some time, especially for birding - a jack of all trades for my needs.

(apologies to the OP for the temp. hijack of the thread)

Regards,
Marc
11-06-2010, 03:03 PM   #79
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Langille Quote
For macro and landscape work, it's the K10D - low ISO is phenomenal.
Looking at the DxOMark results for the K-5, its low ISO performance should be great. Look at the colour sensitivity at ISO 80! I'm very much looking forward to hearing what you'll think about the low ISO quality of the K-5.

11-14-2010, 10:40 PM   #80
Forum Member

Will this FirmWare upgrde do anything where JPeg's are concerned, or is it STRICKLY Raw only Upgrade? I personally would think it would affect JPeg, but of course I am answering my own Question? I would rather hear from people who know more about this stuff then I do!
11-17-2010, 04:23 PM   #81
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
i got an information from Pentax UE about firmware update. It will be available on japan webside tomorrow i mean today (on thursday) for some countries and is supposed to resolve issue with flash among other things.....

Last edited by filorp; 11-17-2010 at 04:39 PM.
11-17-2010, 11:35 PM   #82

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentax Lover Quote
Will this FirmWare upgrde do anything where JPeg's are concerned, or is it STRICKLY Raw only Upgrade?
From another thread:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-5-forum/123033-quick-test-contin...re-1-01-a.html

QuoteOriginally posted by dgaies Quote
Not sure what the JPEG buffer limit was before, but I just tried it out and it seems like you can get about 32-34 before it slows down. Also, if you shoot RAW only, you can get 25-26 shots before the buffer fills.
11-19-2010, 12:42 AM   #83
Forum Member

thanks, secateurs It looks good enough to handle Sports now, at least to a point, LOL

11-19-2010, 08:23 PM   #84
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Looking at the DxOMark results for the K-5, its low ISO performance should be great. Look at the colour sensitivity at ISO 80! I'm very much looking forward to hearing what you'll think about the low ISO quality of the K-5.
I'll try to honor that request. Not sure when I'm buying my K-5, but it will happen!

Regards,
Marc
11-19-2010, 09:31 PM   #85
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Langille Quote
Not sure when I'm buying my K-5, but it will happen!
Same here!