Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-30-2010, 06:04 AM   #1
Inactive Account

$100 Rebate on K-5 & K-r bodies and kits

The rebate form that was posted in another thread as being handed out at Photoplus is now up on the B&H site. It is for all retailers and is valid on purchases from 10/28 - 11/6. You get a visa prepaid card.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/FrameWork/Rebates_Promos/110610_PENTAX_H233979.pdf

10-30-2010, 07:18 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks Jamie,

I just printed it out. My K5 has shipped from B&H and is to arrive 11-3.
10-30-2010, 08:32 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Sweet, I ordered my K-5 from provantage.com on...10/28!
10-30-2010, 08:51 AM   #4
Inactive Account

So did I.. It'll be here on the 4th according to tracking. I wonder though if this is where the non-authorized dealer discussion becomes relevant. It won't cost anything but a stamp to find out.

10-30-2010, 09:01 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I noted that the rebate states the submission must include:

1. Original Completed rebate form (Copies are not accepted).

Since the rebate is actually technically a card being handed out at the PDN Photoplus conference, will this be honored as a printed PDF, regardless of the retailer where your purchase is made? I suppose that is a rhetorical question at this point! I will contact Pentax CS on monday to find out more.

Last edited by pxpaulx; 10-30-2010 at 09:08 AM.
10-30-2010, 09:13 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Like I said, doesn't cost anything but a stamp to find out. However, I Would like to know before I chop up my box.

Given that I could no longer resist the new gadget, I'm somewhat satisfied with the price I paid. Still, it would be nice to have an extra $100 to blow on someplace else, like some wireless toys to play with on my computer..

10-30-2010, 09:22 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
FYI it says USA only in the fine print.
10-30-2010, 09:46 AM   #8
Veteran Member

We should get someone to ask Ned at the expo!

10-30-2010, 09:49 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
Like I said, doesn't cost anything but a stamp to find out. However, I Would like to know before I chop up my box.

Given that I could no longer resist the new gadget, I'm somewhat satisfied with the price I paid. Still, it would be nice to have an extra $100 to blow on someplace else, like some wireless toys to play with on my computer..

I bought my k5 from provantage so I already saved a hundred bucks - another hundred would be icing.
10-30-2010, 10:10 AM   #10

Photos: Gallery
Hmmm. I have a question.

If I purchase from Provantage, the K5 is not in stock and delivery may take several weeks.
The Pentax rebate says "Purchase between 10/28 and 11/6" and "Submission must be postmarked within 30 days of purchase."

So even if I order today, am I right in assuming that a purchase from Provantage will likely fall outside the window of dates required for the rebate?

Damn!
10-30-2010, 10:18 AM   #11
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by pxpaulx Quote
I bought my k5 from provantage so I already saved a hundred bucks - another hundred would be icing.
Me too. What I am wondering and thinking is that the only real advantage to purchasing from an 'Authorized' dealer, is the ease of return on problems in the first few days. Beyond that, if they are obligated (other than gray market) to honor a warranty, by law, there's no real personal advantage to purchasing from the authorized dealer. At this point, I'll take the $100 saved (actually $110 because I went for ground shipping) and get the extended from Pentax when I register the camera. I would like to have bought from B&H or Adorama to support the PF site but, even though in stock, I'm still waiting to see the Notify When In Stock email from B&H. Besides, my patience is thin when I've decided I want a new gadget. Just hope it doesn't bite me in the ass.

10-30-2010, 10:40 AM   #12
Veteran Member

First thing I did was register it on the pentax site, so no worries about warranty. I figured with their return policy I was buying it for keeps - if it develops a problem I will pursue a warranty repair rather than returning it and asking for a replacement.

I don't see how they are going to deny this rebate to a bunch of buyers when a business as large as BH has thrown the PDF file up on their site. $100 would be worth taking up directly with pentax if a denial is received as well. Or maybe I can just go talk to the rebate company myself...white bear lake is about 40 minutes from here on the other side of town!
10-30-2010, 10:44 AM   #13
Veteran Member

On the subject of BH's notification system, it is terrible! I just got a notice last week for something that has LNG since been available, and which I purchased in July! Their notices even have disclaimers about working on a better system at this time (or something to that effect).
10-30-2010, 10:45 AM   #14
Inactive Account

Well then, at least you can go slap somebody upside the head with the K5

"SEE? Here it is. USA Product purchased from a USA company carrying a USA Warranty. WHAT'S The Problem? Gimme my damned rebate Visa card!"

later....

"could have handled that differently" he says as he's being hauled away in the police car...

10-30-2010, 12:53 PM   #15
Administrator
Site Webmaster

On the rebate form, it says that copies are not accepted. However I'm assuming that it will be allowed to print the PDF and fill it out. I've contacted Pentax directly and will keep you posted on the official response.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: