Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-02-2010, 02:01 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery
[langtitle=it]Quale è il problema?[/langtitle]

DxOMark credo che sia abbastanza affidabile ho avuto diverse esperienze con altre fotocamere per constatare che quasi sempre ci azzeccano inoltre dopo avere visto i campioni di iso scattate con K-x e K-r avvalora ancora di più l'idea che mi ero fatto, sembra che la K-x sia leggermente meglio in qualità d'immagine rispetto alla k-r. Chiaramente è una mia opinione personale ma il valore della k-r va misurato in funzione delle sue altre specifiche velocità af migliorata, alimentazione diversificata, punti AF e altri che adesso non ricordo ma che danno qulacosa in più.
Il prezzo del K-r unica nota dolente, qualità immagine ottima.

11-02-2010, 02:45 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sigh, if only I had read this before taking ~1800 photos last month with my awful K20d. All that time wasted with such a piece of dung.

You chart readers and pixel peepers are taking the "photo" out of "photography"!
11-02-2010, 02:53 PM   #18
Veteran Member

I don't think I'm understanding the Sports Low-light ISO score.

K-r: 755
K-x: 811
D3100: 919

I don't base my purchases on DxOMark, I'm just trying to understand how they're relaying their info. Is a higher value supposed to be better? Or is the SNR 18% chart that they have a better measurement?
11-02-2010, 03:00 PM   #19
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by einstrigger Quote

I don't base my purchases on DxOMark, I'm just trying to understand how they're relaying their info. Is a higher value supposed to be better? Or is the SNR 18% chart that they have a better measurement?
agreed. also as someone else mentioned some of their stats on the k-r such as 12fps are off, so who knows what else is off?

11-02-2010, 03:01 PM   #20
Pentaxian

They state here ISO value which, according to them, still give acceptable quality.
11-02-2010, 03:03 PM   #21
Veteran Member

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/120739-dxomark-rates-p...ml#post1248213
11-02-2010, 03:39 PM   #22

DxOMark is meaningless tricked-up numbers that bear no relation to real world shooting. It is electronic nonsense.
11-02-2010, 04:51 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Eruditass Quote
I believe the K-x fared worse in DxO compared to the D90 (and the same very well may happen with the K-5 and D7000) because of their high requirements for low-light ISO. They want a DR of 9 EV and 18bits of color. The Nikons typically hold onto their DR and color depth longer but taper off at the end, while the Pentax cameras end up having better scores at high ISO, but worse scores at medium ISOs (where one would get the DR and color depth requirements)
To be fair, that seems like a real-world advantage for the D90 in many practical situations. I'd rather have stellar medium ISO and decent high ISO than "just" good at both.

11-02-2010, 05:04 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
To be fair, that seems like a real-world advantage for the D90 in many practical situations. I'd rather have stellar medium ISO and decent high ISO than "just" good at both.
I agree, just pointing out the discrepancies people often site between 100% crops at high ISO of these cameras vs these scores. And of course, sharpness isn't compared on DxO
11-02-2010, 05:39 PM   #25
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
Sigh, if only I had read this before taking ~1800 photos last month with my awful K20d. All that time wasted with such a piece of dung.

You chart readers and pixel peepers are taking the "photo" out of "photography"!
I hear ya! I prefer photos from my K20D compared to my K-x up to ISO 1600. That's a much important more range to me than mediocre, barely acceptable or semi-crappy (depending on your perspectve) results from ISO 3200 to a gazillion.
11-02-2010, 06:12 PM   #26
Pentaxian

This is data. One very specific set of data. One very specific set of (generally) carefully-measured data.

It's not a camera recommendation. It's not intended to be - by anyone, at DXO or in this forum.

Why all the whinging and carrying on?
11-02-2010, 06:15 PM   #27
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I do worry about DxO, because its our only source of numbers based measurement on performance, which I like. But they put numbers in there like 12 fps so you wonder how accurate they are with the numbers that affect their scoring.

However I still like and use DxO because their findings in number terms always match my 'feelings' from looking at comparometer images etc...

So while i use DxO i always double check with real examples to see if they have not missed a 0 :P
11-02-2010, 06:28 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Remember everyone that a 5 point difference is 0.33 of a stop. Not significant at all.
11-02-2010, 06:31 PM   #29
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Having seen sample photos from the K-r and nothing their unmatched clarity, I can only conclude that this scoring is complete and utter BS, unless, of course, a mistake was made somewhere.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-02-2010, 06:54 PM   #30
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Having seen sample photos from the K-r and nothing their unmatched clarity, I can only conclude that this scoring is complete and utter BS, unless, of course, a mistake was made somewhere.
I really think they measure what they measure. The reality is that crop cameras, even good ones start losing dynamic range around iso 900 and full frame cameras around 1800. The numbers being thrown around sound like bigger differences than they are. These are quarter stop differences or less that are talked about -- not really visible in real shooting.