Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-07-2010, 05:31 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
TOP has taken notice.

The Online Photographer: The New Number One

11-07-2010, 05:36 PM   #17
Veteran Member

I'm sure the updated competitors to the K-5 from the big two will be close in capability but what is important is that Pentax will most definitely not be left behind
11-07-2010, 05:42 PM   #18
Raylon

QuoteOriginally posted by uccemebug Quote
Hahaha, I also noticed this at the bottom of the article:

Disclaimer: Note that Pentax is TOP's top advertiser this year.

Well no wonder why it is getting praise...

Yes the K-5's scores are close to D3s, 1 series, but it will not beat them. And as soon as the next rounds come out, the K-5 will be left behind. Hopefully Pentax can pull another one out next year.
11-07-2010, 06:33 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Raylon Quote
And as soon as the next rounds come out, the K-5 will be left behind
how'd you figure that?

11-07-2010, 07:09 PM   #20
Veteran Member

The race will always continue, just buy better glass.

When the bodies you are using today are not providing what you want then go looking, otherwise it is a pointless exercise.

I would imagine many Pentax people are still taking far superior photos with K10d than many others with K20, K7 & K5.
11-07-2010, 10:19 PM   #21
Raylon

QuoteOriginally posted by Pablom Quote
how'd you figure that?

Moore's Law. Rumors in the Canon camp are a 28 MP FF sensor w/102k ISO. Also in the works is a FF sensor with 20 stops of DR. I mean it's not a guess that the K-5 will be surpassed, it will be, it's just a matter of when. I am guessing that the next round, 5D mark 3 and 7D mark 2 will definitely pass it. But K-5 will sit on top of APS-C's for now.
11-07-2010, 10:30 PM   #22
wll
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I think the K7 was Pentax's Windows ME of DSLR evolution.
LOL, LOL, LOL.

wll

11-07-2010, 10:37 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Moore's Law. Rumors in the Canon camp are a 28 MP FF sensor w/102k ISO. Also in the works is a FF sensor with 20 stops of DR. I mean it's not a guess that the K-5 will be surpassed, it will be, it's just a matter of when. I am guessing that the next round, 5D mark 3 and 7D mark 2 will definitely pass it. But K-5 will sit on top of APS-C's for now.
And so it goes....on and on and on. You could frantically wait for the 5D mark 3 to save the Canon day to then be left defending it after the Pentax K-3 is released (or whatever it would be called) by saying the 5D mark 4 will save the day. Today, the K-5 is a great camera. If you don't like it, wait for Canon/Nikon to release something new and make your purchase then. Whatever you buy will be trumped shortly after by Nikon, Pentax or whomever.
11-07-2010, 10:47 PM   #24
Raylon

QuoteOriginally posted by smc Quote
And so it goes....on and on and on. You could frantically wait for the 5D mark 3 to save the Canon day to then be left defending it after the Pentax K-3 is released (or whatever it would be called) by saying the 5D mark 4 will save the day. Today, the K-5 is a great camera. If you don't like it, wait for Canon/Nikon to release something new and make your purchase then. Whatever you buy will be trumped shortly after by Nikon, Pentax or whomever.
That was the point I made.
11-07-2010, 10:53 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
And if Canon can release the 5D mark 3 at $1600 I might think of buying one. Who would have thought that the release of the K-5 would have the Canon 5D line in need of defense from a cost perspective.
11-07-2010, 10:55 PM   #26
Raylon

QuoteOriginally posted by smc Quote
And if Canon can release the 5D mark 3 at $1600 I might think of buying one.
I wish. Probably about $2600. Through the CLP it will probably for for $2k, which is reachable for a lot of people if they are already considering $1600 for a camera.
11-07-2010, 11:13 PM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I think the K7 was Pentax's Windows ME of DSLR evolution.
That's a good way of putting it.

.... or would Windows Vista be a more apt analogy
11-07-2010, 11:15 PM   #28
Veteran Member

I wish. Probably about $2600. Through the CLP it will probably for for $2k, which is reachable for a lot of people if they are already considering $1600 for a camera.
Why are you here? Really? We all know that for today the K-5's sensor is on top. We also have been in the business long enough to know that today's stuff will be outdated. Thank you for stating the obvious. Can you now piss on someone else's parade?

I'm glad you like Canon and other brands. I like Canon too. My fiancée shoots a Nikon. But really, can you at least give credit where it is due for even one second? Or can you only praise Canon and piss on everyone else?

I'm sure all the manufacturers are watching the press and public reactions to the releases, and are working on their plans for the next advanced level cameras. Canon and Nikon are due to release their next FF.

Of this round Pentax wins. K-5 has an excellent sensor and implementation.
11-07-2010, 11:15 PM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kev.pride Quote
The race will always continue, just buy better glass.

When the bodies you are using today are not providing what you want then go looking, otherwise it is a pointless exercise.

I would imagine many Pentax people are still taking far superior photos with K10d than many others with K20, K7 & K5.
For sure, but person pressing the shutter remaining the same the High ISO performance of the K-5 is gonna get a better shot than the previous P
entax bodies.
11-08-2010, 12:08 AM   #30
Raylon

QuoteOriginally posted by theperception2008 Quote
Why are you here? Really? We all know that for today the K-5's sensor is on top. We also have been in the business long enough to know that today's stuff will be outdated. Thank you for stating the obvious. Can you now piss on someone else's parade?

I'm glad you like Canon and other brands. I like Canon too. My fiancée shoots a Nikon. But really, can you at least give credit where it is due for even one second? Or can you only praise Canon and piss on everyone else?

I'm sure all the manufacturers are watching the press and public reactions to the releases, and are working on their plans for the next advanced level cameras. Canon and Nikon are due to release their next FF.

Of this round Pentax wins. K-5 has an excellent sensor and implementation.
CANON IS TEH AWESOMENESSSS.

No seriously, I have been praising Pentax. They did a great job with the sensor. Well actually Sony did a great job with the sensor. Pentax did a great job with the stuff that happens after the shutter clicks. Apparently you haven't read crap about what I have said. I have been saying all along K-5 will be on top for a while. It's an amazing camera. It's got it all, small, WR, great ergonomics for most, and great IQ.

I am still here because I love Pentax. It's as obvious as that. See my signature? Yea I have a Canon. But I also have a Pentax. I still shoot with the K200. Would I pick the K200 over the 7D for landscapes? Heck yes. Would I pick it over the 7D for star shots, you bet your ass I would. But there are some things it can't do, so I chose a system that would work.

So, that being said, thanks for being an ***. Greatly appreciate it.