Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-08-2010, 01:49 AM   #16
ogl
Pentaxian
ogl's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Siberia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,112
QuoteOriginally posted by bunegg Quote
http://www.kodak.com/global/en/business/ISS/News/pressReleases/archive/2010/pr2.jhtml

Kodak made a new 35mm sensor. Possible that Pentax will go for it?
Do you know DSLR with KAI sensor?

Interline CCD

I don't know

11-08-2010, 03:26 AM   #17
Senior Member




Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Poitou Charentes
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 135
QuoteOriginally posted by Rory Quote
Why? The 7D is faster than the 5D MkII.
Do not forget that the 7D is 1 year younger than the 5D MkII...
I bet the 5D MkIII will beat the 7D.

In one year, there can be a lot of evolution...
11-08-2010, 12:46 PM   #18
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicago
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 672
QuoteOriginally posted by ezechiel Quote
Do not forget that the 7D is 1 year younger than the 5D MkII...
I bet the 5D MkIII will beat the 7D.

In one year, there can be a lot of evolution...
Why? The 5D has never been meant for burst shooting. That's what the 1D and 7D were made for.
11-09-2010, 02:52 AM   #19
Senior Member




Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Poitou Charentes
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 135
Didn't knew about that. Do you know why (what the 5D is meant for)?

I'm going pro and thinking about buying nik or canon (but still stay with pentax!!!).
The 5D is way behind 7D on certain points and don't have enough money to buy a 1D (yes, not FF also).
A new 5D could (and should) not be worse than 7D. Now 5D has almost 4 fps, so lower than 7D,
worse high ISO, worse metering, exposure compensation, viewfinder, ...

But when comparing with 1Ds, somehow you are right. So maybe they need something just above, with FF?
Like a D700? A lot of people say FF has nicer (because smoother and longer) transition between in focus
and out of focus. so, perfect for macro. Now I need the speed and good AF for flying insects....
Flying and MF is still too difficult for me..


Anyway, sorry for being off-topic. But in the same time, this sensor is apparently not for our DSLRs.


Last edited by ezechiel; 11-09-2010 at 05:54 AM.
11-09-2010, 05:55 AM   #20
Forum Member




Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Pluto
Posts: 75
Look at the huge base plate, will SR work well with it?
the base plate shoule be for heat rejection?
11-09-2010, 10:16 AM   #21
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicago
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 672
QuoteOriginally posted by ezechiel Quote
Didn't knew about that. Do you know why (what the 5D is meant for)?

I'm going pro and thinking about buying nik or canon (but still stay with pentax!!!).
The 5D is way behind 7D on certain points and don't have enough money to buy a 1D (yes, not FF also).
A new 5D could (and should) not be worse than 7D. Now 5D has almost 4 fps, so lower than 7D,
worse high ISO, worse metering, exposure compensation, viewfinder, ...

But when comparing with 1Ds, somehow you are right. So maybe they need something just above, with FF?
Like a D700? A lot of people say FF has nicer (because smoother and longer) transition between in focus
and out of focus. so, perfect for macro. Now I need the speed and good AF for flying insects....
Flying and MF is still too difficult for me..


Anyway, sorry for being off-topic. But in the same time, this sensor is apparently not for our DSLRs.
I don't know if the 5D MkII has worse ISO than the 7D. I find that hard to believe. The 5D series is meant for professional, full frame performance with high IQ in a slightly smaller package (w/o grip). Most of the instances I've seen them used are portrait situations and functions (weddings, engagements, graduations). For your instances, I'd think the 1D MkIII or the 7D. Much faster AF. It just matters if you can pony up the dough to get the IQ of the 1D.

Otherwise, the K5 AF seems to be much improved, and you could always go that route.
11-09-2010, 11:06 AM   #22
Pentaxian
builttospill's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Utah, Idaho
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,642
If not this sensor, I hope Pentax gets a similar one from Kodak for a FF camera. I don't see it from their point of view, but to me it makes sense to fill the gap between the entry-level K-r, mid-level APS-C K-5 and pro MF 645D.

When they do fill this gap I hope it is with a CCD sensor. I don't need video, although it would be nice to play with occasionally, and I don't ever need a high fps count; I just don't use the machine gun method, nor do I shoot sports action. I do need, however, more DOF control, more DR, and less noise. I don't care if Pentax can make ISO levels reach 1,000,000. I want their next camera to have an ISO range of 50-3200 (or 6400 for those of you who will complain about this) and have absolutely no noise, or detail loss, at any level. And while I'm at it, I want a 35mm to maximize the length of my FF lenses.
11-09-2010, 11:43 AM   #23
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicago
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 672
QuoteOriginally posted by builttospill Quote
If not this sensor, I hope Pentax gets a similar one from Kodak for a FF camera. I don't see it from their point of view, but to me it makes sense to fill the gap between the entry-level K-r, mid-level APS-C K-5 and pro MF 645D.

When they do fill this gap I hope it is with a CCD sensor. I don't need video, although it would be nice to play with occasionally, and I don't ever need a high fps count; I just don't use the machine gun method, nor do I shoot sports action. I do need, however, more DOF control, more DR, and less noise. I don't care if Pentax can make ISO levels reach 1,000,000. I want their next camera to have an ISO range of 50-3200 (or 6400 for those of you who will complain about this) and have absolutely no noise, or detail loss, at any level. And while I'm at it, I want a 35mm to maximize the length of my FF lenses.
You forgot to ask for Bugati Veyron and a gold statue of yourself.

11-09-2010, 12:10 PM   #24
Pentaxian
builttospill's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Utah, Idaho
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,642
QuoteOriginally posted by Rory Quote
You forgot to ask for Bugati Veyron and a gold statue of yourself.
Those came with my K10D!
11-09-2010, 12:55 PM   #25
Pentaxian
RonHendriks1966's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,556
Well if it is going to appear in a Pentax camera then it is going to be the new EVIL that is showing in spring 2011. Maybe we all want a fast camera, but to be honest: at 4 fps with 29 megapixel there is not more room left over for speed with our current PRIME II processor. So it does make sence.
11-10-2010, 03:28 AM   #26
Pentaxian
thibs's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Belgium
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,161
Evil with a CCD ? That would mean no Video feed so no EVF.
Pointless.
11-19-2010, 05:26 AM   #27
New Member




Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Jyväskylä, Finland
Posts: 16
Really? Point and shoots have almost always had video, and most often with CCD sensors...
11-19-2010, 06:05 AM   #28
Pentaxian
thibs's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Belgium
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,161
Yep, P&S... no DSLR.
As for now, no 35mm Interline CCD is able to do Video.
11-19-2010, 06:38 AM   #29
Pentaxian
Digitalis's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Adelaide.
Posts: 8,535
interesting to see that it has a global shutter.
11-19-2010, 06:47 AM   #30
Pentaxian
thibs's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Belgium
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,161
Yep, global shutter is usually the case with interline CCD.
P&S now do not have mechanical shutters but used the built-in global shutter from the Interline CCD.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
kodak, pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors, sensor
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will Sony supply the Sensor for future bodies? Reportage Pentax News and Rumors 10 06-22-2010 06:47 PM
Kodak 50mp Medium Format Sensor for $3,500 Samsungian Pentax News and Rumors 12 02-14-2010 01:46 PM
For Sale - Sold: Kodak Royal 35mm film Buffy Sold Items 0 07-05-2009 04:42 PM
A new Kodak "sensor" montecarlo Pentax Film SLR Discussion 22 10-15-2008 09:58 PM
For Sale - Sold: FS: 2 Digital bodies, 2 film bodies, 4 nice lenses, 1 p-ttl flash kafreddy Sold Items 11 03-28-2008 02:36 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:54 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top