Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-08-2010, 11:16 PM   #16
Raylon

QuoteOriginally posted by KungPOW Quote
Pity the poor 60D that gets no coverage at all...
Yea pity it, still gunna sell more than the K-5 will.

Hopefully people who stumble upon any article about the K-5 will realize how good of a camera it is.

Over on the Canon forums the guys are trying to figure out how Pentax did it and how to attach their L glass to the K-5. My favorite comment was something to the effect of "Wait, it's not April 1st is it?"

11-09-2010, 02:10 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Don't read this article.
Your life time is too short to do so.
Thanks for the advice, and thanks to you I didn't even need to pick up my reading glasses
11-09-2010, 03:40 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by FullertonImages Quote
I love how obviously uniformed the person is ...
Some chicks have a thing for men in uniform. I'm just sayin'.
11-09-2010, 03:58 AM   #19

about the autor

"Raphael is an ardent photographer, a member of the Marketing Communication team at DigitalRev, and a colourful personality whose favourite hobby is to tell bad jokes to people. Being driven by passion to shoot something new all the time, his photos are an exciting story even when they don't turn out quite as he expects."

What else do I need to say ;-)

11-09-2010, 04:39 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
Thanks for the advice, and thanks to you I didn't even need to pick up my reading glasses
I was angry that I clicked the link and wanted others to save their time.

The thread title suggests content where there is none. The OP should have picked another title (feature comparison rather than "article") or at least warned in his post.
11-09-2010, 05:50 AM   #21

QuoteOriginally posted by Reportage Quote
what happened to the guy who reviewed the K20D...but i get the sneaking suspicion that its their attempt to get Pentax to give them a K5 to review.
I doubt it. DigitalRev also sells Pentax gear, so they'd probably have a demo/showroom model to test with soon.
11-09-2010, 10:06 AM   #22

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by noahpurdy Quote
The article is link-bait. Worthless fodder.
I have no affiliation with the site/author/any other ties. I don't think that's what you meant by you statement, but just wanted to be clear.

I simply stumbled across it when searching for K-5 reviews.

The thread title suggests content where there is none. The OP should have picked another title (feature comparison rather than "article") or at least warned in his post.
I didn't post it so that people could learn something new about these cameras - I think the very nature of this site (pentaxforums.com) means that most people reading this are already pretty clued up on the K-5.

I posted it because I thought it highlighted two contradictory points:

1) It's good the K-5 is getting some mainstrem attention
2) It's unfortunate that some people will probably use articles like this (with factually inaccurate information) to at least influence their purchasing decisions

I'm sorry the 'feature comparison' didn't include any schematics, formulas or graphs for you

Adam

Last edited by adamfogerty; 11-09-2010 at 10:07 AM. Reason: I can't spell.
11-09-2010, 12:10 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by adamfogerty Quote
I'm sorry the 'feature comparison' didn't include any schematics, formulas or graphs for you
Adam,
I see the kind of image I have with some.

Believe it or not, but that's simply a consequence that I hate posts which add nothing new. So, many of my posts focus on aspects I may be able to actually contribute more than others can. I could post on how to compose a portrait but others can better.

But that's not to mean I don't appreciate the same stuff as every other photographer too.
11-09-2010, 12:42 PM   #24
Veteran Member

falk: damn, i see exactly what you mean. i want the ten minutes of my life back! it's not even bad enough to be entertaining, it's just a looong yaaawn. (which is commendable in a way, that kind of crap takes a special kind of talent to produce).

as a fun fact: i wasn't going to read it until i saw your comment (so thanks for the warning, but i hold you responsible for getting me to read it :P ), i thought "if falk found it that annoying to actually express it, it must be "good")
11-09-2010, 01:02 PM   #25

Original Poster
Adam,
I see the kind of image I have with some.

Believe it or not, but that's simply a consequence that I hate posts which add nothing new. So, many of my posts focus on aspects I may be able to actually contribute more than others can. I could post on how to compose a portrait but others can better.

But that's not to mean I don't appreciate the same stuff as every other photographer too.
My comment was tongue-in-cheek and wasn't meant to offend or belittle your contributions to this forum - you have added far more than I ever could. Like most other people I value and respect your opinions around these pages! Friends?

I'm just surprised by all the negativity. You'll notice that my original post was devoid of subjective opinion about the article - I merely presented a link to a K-5 related piece that hadn't been posted on here. I could have titled it "come read this sorry-excuse for journalism" , but I'm of the belief that it's better to let people make up their own minds. I'd have thought you of all people would have appreciated my matter-of-fact approach

Still, it's interesting to see how this thread has turned into an example of the oddities of human psychology - lots of posts saying "don't read it" are compelling people to do just the opposite

Adam
11-09-2010, 04:01 PM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by adamfogerty Quote
Friends?

I'm just surprised by all the negativity.
Adam,

my remark wasn't personal. I could have made the exact same post and I would have been angry about myself

It's simply not an "article" worth looking at. Not your fault. But you're not the first messenger being shot
11-09-2010, 05:47 PM   #27
m8o
Veteran Member

I need to login to click the frowny face on the replies by the Nikon faithful.
11-10-2010, 04:54 AM   #28
Pentaxian

Just to make it clear: Despite joking about my reading glasses, I wasn't being sarcastic, and I took your advice
11-10-2010, 05:21 AM   #29
Inactive Account

"TTL open-aperture 16-segment metering"?
11-10-2010, 05:22 AM   #30
Inactive Account

QuoteQuote:
Raphael is an ardent photographer, a member of the Marketing Communication team
Good lord.