Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-09-2010, 02:09 PM   #16

But i think Pentax should maintaine the K-Mount itself, maybe without the screw-driven AF due to the lack of space, but i would like to see SDMs, DCs or what ever new inLens-Focus-System might be appearing, but for me the posibillity of using a Pancake ltd. would be essential,at least without AF.

But a complete, new(different?? ) K-Mount would not be very useful, because then Pentax(Hoya) have to deliver 3 different Mounting-Typs which atm is absolutly not necessary.

But when i comes and i eats DA*, ltd, DCs etc. i will totaly get one for P&S

11-09-2010, 02:15 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mehlsack Quote
But i think Pentax should maintaine the K-Mount itself, maybe without the screw-driven AF due to the lack of space, but i would like to see SDMs, DCs or what ever new inLens-Focus-System might be appearing, but for me the posibillity of using a Pancake ltd. would be essential,at least without AF.

But a complete, new(different?? ) K-Mount would not be very useful, because then Pentax(Hoya) have to deliver 3 different Mounting-Typs which atm is absolutly not necessary.

But when i comes and i eats DA*, ltd, DCs etc. i will totaly get one for P&S
Maintaining the K-mount wouldn't be possible due to register distance differences, afaik.
11-09-2010, 02:39 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bobell69 Quote
When I first saw this thread this morning, I thought well here we go again another rumour., but it appears there is now mounting evidence to support it. Me thinks that Hoya is getting very serious regarding the future of Pentax. All good for us Pentax Users.
Couldn't agree more with what you say. My only hope is they attack this sector of the market with the zeal of product standard that they have in DLSR in more recent years, and not just consider it an afterthought like with their non-eye-opening P&S offerings.

This is a sector where real killer EVF tech might likely win more hearts than sensors and IQ.

Can only watch it pan out I suppose. If Feb '11 release predictions produce then they must be quite advanced on the project already.

.R.
11-09-2010, 02:40 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
But i think Pentax should maintaine the K-Mount itself,
We've been through this a couple of times, and I don't think it's the way to go since the camera will be just as deep as today's Pentax DSLRs, i.e. e.g. similar to the Sony a33/a55.

11-09-2010, 03:33 PM   #20

Well, some sources suggest some kind of adapter to maintain the distance, i can life with that BUT this adapter HAVE to work properly, i dont mean to threaten with a system change, just as a matter of fact i think a Adapter who only allow aybe MF would be not so "well"
11-09-2010, 09:27 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
Maintaining the K-mount wouldn't be possible due to register distance differences, afaik.
Unless they make a cube/vertical rectangle camera or something, say with a viewfinder on the top like those TLR cameras of old. The viewfinder could have a built-in sunshade.

I think it would be better to have a larder body than larger lenses due to focus motors inside them.
11-09-2010, 09:38 PM   #22
Veteran Member

From some article about "EVIL" cameras which I found funny:

QuoteQuote:
Let’s be honest. If you’re not a pro, you probably bought your fancy DSLR, fixed on the kit zoom lens, and that was it. You probably spend 90 percent, if not all of your time, shooting with this on your camera.

With an EVIL camera, you can do this too. It’s more likely though, given the tiny pocket-sized lenses for these cameras, that you will actually carry them with you. Better still, with an adapter you can use all your current DSLR lenses on the newer, smaller body.
11-10-2010, 02:34 AM   #23
Veteran Member

I'm curious what they'll come up with. I won't buy it, but still, interesting to see what their take is. Apparently they don't want to make an also-ran, so it should be something at least a little bit special...

11-10-2010, 03:21 AM   #24
Veteran Member

I wonder if they'll join an existing mount (Sony NEX?) or come out with their own proprietary mount. The former is perhaps unlikely, but would make business sense (how many people will buy into a new system only supported by Pentax? And, imagine all those people who own a NEX who can all of a sudden buy and mount superior Pentax lenses). I fear it will be the latter though.

Last edited by kevinschoenmakers; 11-10-2010 at 03:54 AM.
11-10-2010, 03:32 AM   #25
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
E mount is based on A mount and is proprietary.
I don't see a Pentax with a Sony mount, huh.
m43 is proprietary as well so I don't think so either.

IMO they'll do their own, hopefully all electronic one.
11-10-2010, 03:51 AM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
E mount is based on A mount and is proprietary.
I don't see a Pentax with a Sony mount, huh.
m43 is proprietary as well so I don't think so either.

IMO they'll do their own, hopefully all electronic one.
Well, Pentax and Sony have a relationship when it comes to sensors, it's not tooo far a stretch to think they'd team up for mirrorless.

But yes, highly unlikely.
11-10-2010, 03:52 AM   #27

Well, some sources suggest some kind of adapter to maintain the distance, i can life with that BUT this adapter HAVE to work properly, i dont mean to threaten with a system change, just as a matter of fact i think a Adapter who only allow aybe MF would be not so "well"
But adabter with AF motor inside would be very nice.
11-10-2010, 04:03 AM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kevinschoenmakers Quote
I'm curious what they'll come up with. I won't buy it, but still, interesting to see what their take is. Apparently they don't want to make an also-ran, so it should be something at least a little bit special...
It would be hard to make it very special though, unless it's a FF one. Now that would be an instant bestseller (depending on price of course).

If such an EVIL camera needs new lenses with a new mount, then why not do it right...
11-10-2010, 04:09 AM   #29
Pentaxian

they don't really say anything, it's just a speculation about the mount
11-10-2010, 04:10 AM   #30

Yeah you may be right with the propietary mount, but i cant imagine something which would be sooo special to buy a Pentax Evil(except for us nerds).

But maybe its an FF Evil with 645 Lenses and Pentax Mojo to create a black whole to shorten the register distance

Just kindin, sorry

A FF Evil with new Lenses would have a shorter register distance, so it wouldnt work on a "normal" sized FF Body :S

Last edited by Mehlsack; 11-10-2010 at 04:16 AM.