Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-11-2010, 09:09 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tringle WP Quote
... I always hold my cameras,even the P+S, with two hands.
I usually use two hands also but left hand is under camera body and lens. Many people have found this gives a steadier camera as it provides support along two perpendicular axes. It may be worth a try if you haven't tried it already.

QuoteOriginally posted by Tringle WP Quote
No, you can't use the K5 layout to make exposure compensation adjustments with the camera to your eye - the ex compensation button is on the top plate behind the shutter button making it all but impossible to dial in some compensation without holding it in both hands and away from your face.
Interesting. One of the reasons I bought my K200D is that exposure comp was so easy with camera to eye compared to other brands. I just could not do it with the Canon and Sony after many tries - the Nikon was not so hard. The K200D has exposure comp button in the same location as K5. Just shows how individual ergonomic considerations are.

11-11-2010, 12:57 PM - 1 Like   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
@ Tringle,
You don't even have to go to the menu to make EV changes, just assign one of your e-dials to do that. You can have EV compensation assigned to the front e-dial in AV mode, the real dial in TV mode etc just like on the K20D. I never use the e/v button, just turn the appropriate e-dial in which ever mode I'm in. See page 283 of the K-5 manual. And bracketing looks to be the same or nearly the same as I do it on the K20D via the 4way controller under my right thumb. I don't know where you are getting your ideas from.

NaCl(hey! lookit me! I'm reading the manual and I don't even have the cam yet!)H2O
11-11-2010, 04:23 PM   #18

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
NaCl(hey! lookit me! I'm reading the manual and I don't even have the cam yet!)H2O
lol! I did the same thing! I think i was getting a bit obsessed about the whole thing, and exams were coming up, so my wife and I decided that I would have to ban myself from the forums until exams were over. That happened yesterday, and i was on the forum again within about 3 hours!!!