Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-26-2007, 05:45 AM   #1
Not Registered

new Schneidder Primes for K-mount?

Does anybody know something about the new lenses (105 f2.8; 35 f2...) that Samsung-Schneider was going to release and that they advertised in the PMA on March? Are they also rebadged Pentax and, if it is so, are they going to be cheaper (as most of the Samsung products)?

Thank you

09-26-2007, 06:48 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I don't remember a 105/2.8, but all specifications I saw seemed to match lenses on the Pentax roadmap. So I'm guessing they will compare similarly to the DA lenses as the existing Schneider-Kreuznachs... i.e. rebadged optics.

Wim
09-26-2007, 06:59 AM   #3
Not Registered

[QUOTE=Ishpuini;99516]I don't remember a 105/2.8,

My bad, it was 100 f2.8.

I just looked at the Samsung webpage and they have them all listed in the catalog and they all look like relabeled Pentax lenses. The only thing is that I cannot find any store selling them, or a release date or aproximative prices.

Regards
09-26-2007, 11:08 AM   #4
Veteran Member

In Sweden they have the same prices as they have under the Pentax-name.
The 50-200 is the only Samsung here that has a lower price than the Pentax-branded version.

Oh, the 100 f/2.8 Macro "probably October".
Funny, we have the prices but no firm delivery dates...
I believe they are released on the Korean home market since quite some time now.

Take care
R

09-26-2007, 11:29 AM   #5
Not Registered

QuoteOriginally posted by RMabo Quote
In Sweden they have the same prices as they have under the Pentax-name.
The 50-200 is the only Samsung here that has a lower price than the Pentax-branded version.

Oh, the 100 f/2.8 Macro "probably October".
Funny, we have the prices but no firm delivery dates...
I believe they are released on the Korean home market since quite some time now.

Take care
R
Thank you for the information. Sounds fair enough to me: same lens, same price. Looks that Samsung is just trying to make themselves stronger in a profitable market as the Korean. I was just hoping to see those lenses in the US at a cheaper price.

Thank you again
09-26-2007, 05:12 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
the more lenses with a K Mount Bayonet, the happier I am. :P