Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
12-03-2010, 08:08 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Face palm k-r limited edition kit...

A picture is worth a thousand words

Pentax K-r receives a rainbow paintjob, 35mm prime lens for limited edition kit -- Engadget

12-03-2010, 08:12 AM - 1 Like   #2
Banned

its generally meant appeal to a japanese audience. not to stereotype, but if you don’t get it, thats because you aren’t really supposed to. Pentax is known for all sorts of ‘special editions’. they did the same one with the K-x. the K-m/K2000 as well if im not mistaken.
12-03-2010, 08:25 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Apart from the face on the prism and the thing stuck in the hot shoe - I think it's cool
But yes, +1 to seamuis.
12-03-2010, 09:29 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvtBjcRKFSE[/YT]

I have no idea what is going on here, but G4 totally needs to do an english dubbed version.

12-03-2010, 09:40 AM   #5
Site Supporter

just another day in Japan....
12-03-2010, 12:50 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I've seen MUCH more disturbing things on sale in Japan .
12-03-2010, 01:27 PM   #7
Raylon

I mean it's neat for the Japanese market but here in the US, I see this purely as an embarrassment for Pentax. Most people will look at this and say 'WTF is that? I guess Pentax only makes toy cameras..."

12-03-2010, 01:31 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Raylon Quote
I mean it's neat for the Japanese market but here in the US, I see this purely as an embarrassment for Pentax. Most people will look at this and say 'WTF is that? I guess Pentax only makes toy cameras..."
not for sale in the US anyway so it's not like they'll walk into a shop and see one.
12-03-2010, 01:35 PM   #9
Veteran Member

and these silly colour options are what gained pentax market share in japan and moved the kx into the top ten cameras there. It's been a long time since pentax had a camera in the top ten, so for my money they should go for it. anything that makes them profitable is beneficial to all of us
but it is pretty damn ugly
12-03-2010, 01:44 PM   #10
Banned

if they are ignorant enough to just assume that because Pentax has a special edition camera for a particular market, that they only make ‘toy’ cameras. well then personally, I (and I assume most pentax users) could care less what they think. you think this, despite the k-5 being amongst the best digital SLRs ever engineered, makes pentax look bad? really?
12-03-2010, 02:46 PM   #11
Raylon

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
you think this, despite the k-5 being amongst the best digital SLRs ever engineered, makes pentax look bad? really?
Yes, I do. this leaves a bad first impression to most. If someone was looking for a camera starting today, and they saw that Kr, doesn't matter if it was in a store or on the internet, they would think that Pentax is somewhat of a joke.

Last edited by Parallax; 12-04-2010 at 10:18 AM.
12-03-2010, 03:00 PM   #12
Banned

Yes, I do. I know it may be hard for your feeble little mind to comprehend, but this leaves a bad first impression to most. If someone was looking for a camera starting today, and they saw that Kr, doesn't matter if it was in a store or on the internet, they would think that Pentax is somewhat of a joke.
my mind is feeble because I dare to disagree and question your comment? huh.
12-03-2010, 03:51 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by goddo31 Quote
Apart from the face on the prism and the thing stuck in the hot shoe - I think it's cool
But yes, +1 to seamuis.
+1

I think it's cool too.

There's a shop in Capitol Square in Sydney that sells imported stuff from Japan, and they have all sorts of really cool mobile phones (they will work in Australia, because they are unlocked).

I've seen the Gundam phone, the Evangelion NERV phone, various versions of Hello Kitty phones, various bling phones etc.

They have the Pentax "lego" camera for sale (I know it's not really lego - it's the Japanese equivalent).

Personally, I would buy a Hello Kitty K-r, complete with her red bow (hmm, maybe the bow can be the shutter?)
12-03-2010, 04:09 PM   #14
Administrator
Site Webmaster

The face on the flash has got to be the best part!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-03-2010, 04:25 PM - 1 Like   #15
Veteran Member

Yes, I do. <deleted by Mod> but this leaves a bad first impression to most. If someone was looking for a camera starting today, and they saw that Kr, doesn't matter if it was in a store or on the internet, they would think that Pentax is somewhat of a joke.
The only bad impression it's going to leave on most westerners will be among superficial people who read gadget blogs. No one else will see it.

Your tone isn't necessary. Get a grip.

Last edited by Parallax; 12-04-2010 at 10:19 AM.