Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Test Reports on 645D, K-5 and K-r

Chasseur d?Images Reviews - Ned's Photo Journal

PDF files in English inside

12-08-2010, 01:50 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
"Chasseur d'images" is certainly the most influencial magazine in France (and one of the biggest photomag in Europe) I don't like it much as the level of the printed pictures is usually poor, it's more a "gearhead" magazine than really a magazine talking about photography, but those extremely positive reviews are certainly worth more that a couple of ads !
12-08-2010, 08:11 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Well, IMO Chasseur d'Images (as is Réponses Photo btw) is a general magazine and as such talk about pretty much everything. No Art magazine so no special printing involved. Neither is it a technical magazine. They do all, rather well btw although I'll often disagree with them, at least they usually have good arguments.

I found out other magazines are better if interested in technical aspects of photography.
12-09-2010, 02:21 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Well, IMO Chasseur d'Images (as is Réponses Photo btw) is a general magazine and as such talk about pretty much everything. No Art magazine so no special printing involved. Neither is it a technical magazine. They do all, rather well btw although I'll often disagree with them, at least they usually have good arguments.

I found out other magazines are better if interested in technical aspects of photography.
Well I may be biased, but I do find they technical tests ok (even if quite biased for C&N) but the quality of paper it's printed on is poor so for portfolios, it's not realy nice. But overall, the level of those portfolios is poor.

Réponse photos have weaker technical reviews but is better in that aspect.

Now speaking about the photo magazines, the quarterly "Polka" is a pure jewel. Original focus is about photojournalism, but they talk also about fashion photography and art photography. Their articles are centered about a specific photograph or serie of pictures, the level is very very high and everything very nicely printed for a magazine. And they never talk about hardware.

12-13-2010, 05:18 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Ogl, what do you personally think about the k-5 as a sports or wildlife camera? Having to do a lot of heavy cropping. Say average of 50% crop on every shot. Up to 100%. Where you want to extract every last detail.
I value your honest opinion.