Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-11-2010, 12:16 AM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxdude Quote
If my german is correct the cover says "pentax slaughters nikon and canon"
The choice of "beats" was very good because it retains the double connotation of "hitting/smacking" and "wins against". "Slaughter" goes much too far, indicating superiority by a large margin which the German headline doesn't do.

12-11-2010, 03:36 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by alexeyga Quote
Pentax camera that is more expensive than D300s and 7d beats even cheaper Canon and Nikon models.... bravo! bravo!
Well, that's in North America only... Here in Europe D7000, 60D and K5 are pretty much the same price, with even some advantage for the K5!
12-11-2010, 05:55 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dlacouture Quote
Well, that's in North America only... Here in Europe D7000, 60D and K5 are pretty much the same price, with even some advantage for the K5!
While we're at it and seeing you are du Var. What would be a good location to buy Pentax in 83 or 06?

(sorry for OT)
12-11-2010, 07:45 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
While we're at it and seeing you are du Var. What would be a good location to buy Pentax in 83 or 06?

(sorry for OT)
Well, while not in 83 or 06, I've bought my K5 in Images Photo Nimes (but there is one in Nice, too), for 100€ less than anywhere else in the Hexagon, and they had a nice collection of lenses in Pentax mount. They even had one Samyang 85mm I could try, and this lens really impressed me... All-metal body, quite sharp wide open, a pleasure to handle... And internal focusing, if I recall correctly, so it would be quite immune to dust and even a slight drizzle.

They also had a Sigma 85mm, but in canon mount, so no luck here...

You would have a better chance at Lyon, by the way, their Images Photo shop has a bigger lens collection. It seemed they had the whole range (even the 35mm f/2) available the last time I went there.

I've realized not so much ago what an happy bunch we French Pentaxians were... Even superstores like Auchan or Carrefour all carry our brand.

And Carrefour alone, with its 50% off the Kx+Sigma 18-200 kit last April (that was 300€ for the pack!!!), must have raised the Pentax share for a couple of points, surely...

12-11-2010, 07:48 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Thanks for posting this information Falk. I haven't bought a "Color Foto" issue for several years but I most likely will buy this one when I get back home next week. Not sure if I can find one here in Shanghai.
12-11-2010, 08:26 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dlacouture Quote
Images Photo Nimes (but there is one in Nice, too), for 100€ less than anywhere else in the Hexagon
I found it: Plan d'accès - Photo Shop 06

Thanks. I think I know this shop. It is pretty small though. But good to know they are part of Images Photo and make good offers.

I have some friends sur la cote (lived there) and it's always good to know where to shop abroad

And I agree, France is Pentax land France helped Apple survive and now renders the same favour to Pentax
12-11-2010, 09:30 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Replacement or a full refund is not an issue... The problem is that there are no K5s in stock where i've got it and Pentax Canada is so lost in their panties, nobody has a clue when the next shipment will come in... There's another store in Montreal that seems to have some in stock... but they too don't have the 18-135s yet...
Please don't be so quick to knock Pentax Canada. Like many firms, they're really at the mercy of HQ in Japan. And HQ may not decide until the last minute how they want to allocate scarce supplies.

No panties involved!

And in case you're wondering, I've no relation to any organization that distributes or markets Pentax gear. If I did, I'd not be in a queue waiting for my copy ....
12-11-2010, 10:26 AM   #23

Pentax camera that is more expensive than D300s and 7d beats even cheaper Canon and Nikon models.... bravo! bravo!

Sorry guys, this is pathetic... Sad thing is that neither Canon or Nikon does really give a sh@t...

Now... back to our spotted sensors... when the Fu@K will Pentax issue a fix?!!!!!
Sorry but you seem pathetic.

Recent data from one internet shop in Europe:
Nikon D300s - €1258
Pentax K-5 - €1249
Canon 7D - €1228

Can you please explain me how is Pentax more expensive?

Now remind me when was the last time a Pentax (autofocus) camera has betten Canon and Nikon in tests???

And, as it seems, Pentax is replacing defective cameras. What do you want more?

Have fun.
Luis

12-11-2010, 02:42 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Good News. A good way to end the Year. Hope it becomes more better next year with Pentax. (Positive note)
12-11-2010, 03:34 PM   #25
Inactive Account

Pentax K-5 beats Canikon....

....especially with the beautiful "Pentax K-5 String of Pearls Feature".....

Mr. Hoya a fine camera, as there are no errors or problems, but only new and beautiful and even free features.......

LG
12-11-2010, 04:24 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Sorry guys, this is pathetic... Sad thing is that neither Canon or Nikon does really give a sh@t...

Now... back to our spotted sensors... when the Fu@K will Pentax issue a fix?!!!!!
what a nonsense.....
we sell the k-5 for 1229€,eos7 for 1299€ and the d300s for 1349€.
all bodyprice.
why do you tell us the k-5 is more expensive?
12-11-2010, 05:20 PM   #27
Pentaxian

Sorry, not only is this not valid in Asia/Europe, this isn't even valid in the US. A quick glance at Amazon prices shows:

D300s: $1449
K-5: $1516 (was even slightly cheaper when Amazon itself had it in stock)
7D: $1598

I don't even think there was ever a point where the K-5 was more expensive than the 7D, which totally throws out that argument.

Last edited by Cannikin; 12-11-2010 at 05:28 PM.
12-11-2010, 05:57 PM   #28

I don't think that the price tag matters so much when that headline says what it says. It can only mean good things for Pentax.

/Tommy
12-11-2010, 06:04 PM   #29
Veteran Member

Damn... And I though that Americans think that they are the center of the universe... Europeans aren't any different after all...

Here are prices at my local shop:

Canon EOS 7D body + extra battery and remote control - 1549.95$CAD
Nikon D300s body - 1369.95$CAD
K5 - not listed since they are dumping Pentax, but i've got mine for 1510$CAD (+80$CAD for the extra battery and remote)
12-11-2010, 06:31 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Sorry, you lost me. What does your local shop have to do with a German magazine comparing cameras?