Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-07-2011, 06:00 PM   #136
Veteran Member
TOUGEFC's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brisbane
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,561
I wish Pentax would bring out a DA*135mm f/1.8

There is no prime lens in the current production line between 100mm-200mm.

On APS-C, 135mm = 200mm FF. It makes sense for them to bring it out.

05-07-2011, 08:45 PM   #137
Senior Member
Loren E's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Washington and California
Posts: 274
DA* 135 F1.8 seems way too similar to DA* 50-135 F2.8 for a next lens when there are much more gaping holes to fill like a DA* 10-16 IMHO
05-08-2011, 02:10 AM   #138
Veteran Member
TOUGEFC's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brisbane
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,561
QuoteOriginally posted by Loren E Quote
DA* 135 F1.8 seems way too similar to DA* 50-135 F2.8 for a next lens when there are much more gaping holes to fill like a DA* 10-16 IMHO
In what way is it way too similar?

Your same logic means that the DA*55 would be too similar as well.
05-09-2011, 01:53 AM   #139
Pentaxian
Emacs's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Moscow
Posts: 1,221
QuoteOriginally posted by TOUGEFC Quote
In what way is it way too similar?

Your same logic means that the DA*55 would be too similar as well.
Exactly. BTW zoom's rendering is still worse than one of good prime. And 135mm of 50-135 is its weakest point. The speed sometimes matters too.

05-09-2011, 06:41 AM   #140
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Posts: 443
QuoteOriginally posted by Emacs Quote
Exactly. BTW zoom's rendering is still worse than one of good prime. And 135mm of 50-135 is its weakest point. The speed sometimes matters too.

There are so many lenses that I would love to see before the DA12-35 and the DA25-330.

A DA*135/1.8 would be welcome. It will be faster than the DA50-135 and better.

A DA*28 or 30 f1.4 ould be a nice weather resistant normal lens.

A DA*8-16 would be a good wide lens.

A DA*135-400 would be a good long wild-life lens.

The DA*10-16 and the DA*135-400 would pair up really well with the DA*16-50 and DA*50-135. Plus would give one focal lengths that are currently not available.

Dave
05-09-2011, 10:50 AM   #141
Veteran Member




Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 886
QuoteOriginally posted by DaveBlack Quote
There are so many lenses that I would love to see before the DA12-35 and the DA25-330.

A DA*135/1.8 would be welcome. It will be faster than the DA50-135 and better.

A DA*28 or 30 f1.4 ould be a nice weather resistant normal lens.

A DA*8-16 would be a good wide lens.

A DA*135-400 would be a good long wild-life lens.

The DA*10-16 and the DA*135-400 would pair up really well with the DA*16-50 and DA*50-135. Plus would give one focal lengths that are currently not available.

Dave
+1,000,000 to the first three you mentioned. The 135-400 would be less appealing to me. I would much rather see a DA* 500mm f/4. I want one, I want one, I want one. 135/1.8 would be beautiful for shooting video or portraits. Yes please, Pentax.
05-09-2011, 11:49 AM   #142
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Posts: 443
QuoteOriginally posted by FullertonImages Quote
+1,000,000 to the first three you mentioned. The 135-400 would be less appealing to me. I would much rather see a DA* 500mm f/4. I want one, I want one, I want one. 135/1.8 would be beautiful for shooting video or portraits. Yes please, Pentax.
I would love to have both a DA*135-400 for its flexibility and the DA*500 for the extra reach. Then again I enjoy having both the DA*60-250 and the DA*300.
05-09-2011, 04:46 PM   #143
Veteran Member
rparmar's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,783
But the number one lens we need, of course, without a doubt, is a fast normal. 28mm f/2 or better. WR or not, who cares, it's a fast prime.

05-09-2011, 04:48 PM   #144
Senior Member




Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bothell, WA
Posts: 103
WR 8-16 would be amazing.
05-09-2011, 08:52 PM   #145
Veteran Member




Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 886
QuoteOriginally posted by DaveBlack Quote
I would love to have both a DA*135-400 for its flexibility and the DA*500 for the extra reach. Then again I enjoy having both the DA*60-250 and the DA*300.
Yes, some of us do have that sickness. And I think I speak for us all when I say, we're ok with it.
05-09-2011, 09:33 PM   #146
Pentaxian
twitch's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,571
Most of those long lenses just mentioned are already available ....... in the form of Canon L lenses A Canon body is not that much, if I really needed those lenses I'd be running 2 systems or switch.
05-09-2011, 11:53 PM   #147
Pentaxian
gazonk's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Oslo area, Norway
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,512
QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
But the number one lens we need, of course, without a doubt, is a fast normal. 28mm f/2 or better. WR or not, who cares, it's a fast prime.
Yes, a 28mm f/2 could even be a very compact lens (the M-28/2 is quite compact), making a K-5 with such a lens perfect for walk around usage.
05-10-2011, 04:28 AM   #148
Veteran Member
rparmar's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,783
QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
Yes, a 28mm f/2 could even be a very compact lens (the M-28/2 is quite compact), making a K-5 with such a lens perfect for walk around usage.
Compact fits with Pentax design goals. And so does "not excessively fast" apparently. So I think f/2 is realistic -- and completely sufficient if IQ is good from wide open. I use an old Vivitar for this purpose but would prefer Pentax had one in their own line-up.
05-10-2011, 03:33 PM   #149
New Member




Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3
2.33 crop and you get a 28-80 equivalent kit lens (same as 18-55 for APS-C).

I'm still unsure about those rumors about 1/2.33 sensor for a mirrorless from Pentax, what if is a 2.33 crop?
05-10-2011, 05:44 PM   #150
Veteran Member
maxfield_photo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 1,215
QuoteOriginally posted by Balog Quote
WR 8-16 would be amazing.
Amen! The main reason to get a UWA is to do landscapes, and last time I checked, it tends to rain outdoors. Unless I'm missing something, the widest weather sealed option for Pentax is the DA* 16-50mm f2.8, the equivalent of a 24-75mm on FF. That's just not wide enough for me. 12-35 is almost wide enough, and the weather sealing is a plus, but the IQ would have to be outstanding to draw my interest away from the Sigma 8-16mm.

Last edited by maxfield_photo; 05-10-2011 at 05:58 PM.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
pentax news, pentax rumors
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pentax Medium Format Patent ariahspam Pentax News and Rumors 42 12-12-2008 01:39 PM
Anyone notice the marco ring flash patent from Pentax? Red Pentax News and Rumors 21 09-12-2008 02:41 AM
Canon files for iris ID patent Duck Dodgers Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 3 02-12-2008 08:20 PM
Pentax Next New Model ? Patent Jan-07 in US BigMac Pentax DSLR Discussion 8 06-14-2007 01:30 PM
PMA: DA*200/300 SDM, 35mm Macro ltd, New Flash! nosnoop Pentax News and Rumors 38 02-28-2007 12:22 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:48 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top