Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-18-2010, 05:35 AM   #16
ogl
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by nickthetasmaniac Quote
Perhaps they'd already done the review before 1.01 was released?
In this case they should make note about 1.01 firmware with bigger buffer.

12-18-2010, 06:47 AM - 1 Like   #17
Veteran Member

Quit your bitching and whining, seriously! It was a good review and busts the myth that DPR is biased against Pentax, end of story.
12-18-2010, 06:55 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Christopher M.W.T Quote
Quit your bitching and whining, seriously! It was a good review and busts the myth that DPR is biased against Pentax, end of story.
I wa reading the thread about he k5 in Nikon section over at dpreview...according to the trolls, not only is the site biased to canon, it is now biased towards pentax, so good news all around, haha. If you listened to the Nikon users there, it is astounding that the k5 could be scored so highly when it basically can't autofocus...at all.
12-18-2010, 07:34 PM   #19
Veteran Member

I can't get over how many ******s there are in the photography community when it comes to equipment, really need to get a friggin life it's pathetic.

Here's a tip do what I do, use your camera, take pretty photos and have fun, shoot in nightclubs etc and from that I use it to get action from girls, to the uninitiated nerds and virgins reading this, it means I get laid aka have sex you should try it more often rather than prattling on debating about DR, SNR, CA, MTF photosite sizes etc.

That's my rant.

12-18-2010, 08:56 PM   #20
m8o
Veteran Member

I can't get over how many ******s there are in the photography community when it comes to equipment, really need to get a friggin life it's pathetic.
Here's a tip do what I do, use your camera, take pretty photos and have fun, shoot in nightclubs etc and from that I use it to get action from girls, to the uninitiated nerds and virgins reading this, it means I get laid aka have sex you should try it more often rather than prattling on debating about DR, SNR, CA, MTF photosite sizes etc.
That's my rant.
A really classic post. I'd like to be there when you re-read this in 10 or 20 years.
12-18-2010, 11:18 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by m8o Quote
A really classic post. I'd like to be there when you re-read this in 10 or 20 years.
It started off good...
12-19-2010, 05:03 AM   #22
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Wow! This thread took a slightly different turn. I think that forums (a) breed individuals who want to gripe about something. It is nice if we can gripe about bad reviews, but if there are none of those out there, we will gripe about Pentax. (b) are also populated with individuals who have a lot invested in the Pentax system and want to see it grow in popularity. I get no personal benefit when Pentax sells a lot of cameras, except the knowledge that there will be more and better products coming down the road.

What sex has to do with it is beyond me.
12-19-2010, 05:22 AM   #23
Veteran Member

After posting that message I had phone call and as you would know it a sexy 18yo Serbian girl ended up in my bed, how did we meet? well thanks to my trusty Pentax K-7 and nightclub photography.
I didn't know you could do that with a Pentax; I had been led me to believe that you needed a Nikon CoolPix to pick up girls at a nightclub

12-19-2010, 05:27 AM   #24
Inactive Account

You need all that to get laid? Sad.

Oh well. So much for photographers losing some of that sexual predator stigma.
12-19-2010, 08:43 AM   #25
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
RAW (DNG): 6.3 - 7 fps for 9 frames, then 1.2fps. Approx 10 seconds to recover.
Why didn't they use 1.01 firmware - 20-25 RAW buffer?
The review notes very clearly that they used 1.00 and would update the review when they've loaded, tested, and written up 1.01.

If the test suite includes regression testing, as it should, it's not a five-minute task.
12-19-2010, 09:01 AM   #26
Inactive Account

Is it just me or does the K-5 kick arse in the high-ISO noise-to-sharpness stakes?

Seems they've balanced it nicely between NR (on the Auto setting,) and sharpness and contrast that the others its tested against. The Nikon looks like it's got Vaseline on the lens. It's also odd that the chroma noise on the D7000 is much, much more prominent on the black swatch, yet the Pentax, with a similar, if not identical, sensor, has it more subdued, but with higher luminance noise (which is much easier to deal with, and less noticeable as-is.)

Seems to me that either Pentax has much better programmers doing the NR, or can pick/design a better sensor.
12-19-2010, 02:49 PM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lithos Quote
You need all that to get laid? Sad.

Oh well. So much for photographers losing some of that sexual predator stigma.
QuoteOriginally posted by dgaies Quote
I didn't know you could do that with a Pentax; I had been led me to believe that you needed a Nikon CoolPix to pick up girls at a nightclub
I'm just giving the anorak wearing nerds something to aspire to :P
12-20-2010, 04:16 AM   #28

1.01 in use

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
In this case they should make note about 1.01 firmware with bigger buffer.
Looks like it has been updated as it is showing 1.01 firmware now.

At the risk of being flamed, I have always thought the Pentax reviews on there were quite ballanced. I used them as the basis for buying my three Pentax DSLRs.

Bill
12-20-2010, 05:30 AM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Billgscott Quote
Looks like it has been updated as it is showing 1.01 firmware now.

At the risk of being flamed, I have always thought the Pentax reviews on there were quite ballanced. I used them as the basis for buying my three Pentax DSLRs.

Bill
I'm annoyed the mods deleted my funny post.