Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-05-2011, 06:16 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Cambo Quote
is a MONSTER! I've only tried one briefly...MUCH bigger than the film 645, which was very small by medium format standards...

Hope you're keeping well, man, and that you're still making music...we'll have to hook up on Facebook sometime....

Cheers,
Cameron

PS: here's a shot of my hometown...with YOUR sharpening scheme applied...
Great photo of Vancouver!

01-05-2011, 07:09 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Great photo of Vancouver!
Great photo indeed... now, what is that secret sharpening schema?
01-06-2011, 12:28 PM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by snipenekkid Quote
This is no longer completely true. If you google PKTether you will find a new app called PKTether (or is it PK-Tether??) but it works with the K-r, K5, K-7 as well as most other K-series DSLRs that have some sort of standard USB setup for DSLRs. I have tired it out with my K5 and it is pretty nice. With my K20d (I could not sell it for what it's worth to me) it's super fast and a vast improvement over the crappy Pentax Remote Assistant Software.

The software is just an alpha I think but it seems pretty much as functional or more than the Pentax software that came with the K20d. Still no live view tethering but this is closer.

https://sites.google.com/a/pentax.org.pl/tomaszkos/en/pk_tether

i am sure there is a thread around here somewhere but did not search.
GAH!!!! I hope he adds support for Mac users. Finally there's a decent tethering solution and I can't use it!!
01-12-2011, 02:17 AM   #34
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by FullertonImages Quote
GAH!!!! I hope he adds support for Mac users. Finally there's a decent tethering solution and I can't use it!!
oh, man...that is a BUMMER...I have to believe there is a Mac familiar developer who would be interested in helping port over to one of the Mac OS's...or what about one of the Windows emulators or even some sort of virtual PC solution...I know those are out there and should be free but even for a few bucks it at least would give you some way to tether.

Hope a solution presents itself sometime soon.