Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-24-2010, 01:46 AM   #16
Veteran Member

As much as I despise commercials I must admit I like yours.

It is well conceived and executed and above all fun.

I may even buy a K5.

Mickey

12-24-2010, 09:15 AM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mickeyobe Quote
As much as I despise commercials I must admit I like yours.

It is well conceived and executed and above all fun.

I may even buy a K5.

Mickey
It is the same commercial for everyone. Just a different picture is used as the theme when you upload it. It is a great technique for advertisement where it's fun for everyone one instead of the in-your-face, repeat your product name kind.

I like how they had an old-school darkroom in the opening scene. Nice touch.
12-24-2010, 10:43 AM   #18

sooo funny
here's mine
Different By Pentax
12-24-2010, 10:47 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by privateryan Quote
Maybe I did too, but I don't think it was luck. More like a decent internet connection.
I had no issue on my work connection, and frequently i find it slow

12-24-2010, 12:41 PM   #20
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Loaded fine for me. Though, as with most commercials, I was unmoved and failed to see the point.
12-24-2010, 02:54 PM   #21
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Great idea.
We just gotta spread the word.
12-24-2010, 03:15 PM   #22
Pentaxian

It would be nice if the video indicated that it was filmed using a Pentax. (or did I miss something)
Sort of makes you wonder; why a Pentax? why be different?

For most of the world, "different" is something to be shunned and put on the short bus.
I don't know if the video makes any good points for mingling with "those people".
12-24-2010, 03:19 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Here's one: Different By Pentax

I understand he can drum too.

Last edited by bogiesbad; 12-24-2010 at 03:26 PM.
12-24-2010, 05:32 PM - 1 Like   #24
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by amoringello Quote
It would be nice if the video indicated that it was filmed using a Pentax. (or did I miss something)
Sort of makes you wonder; why a Pentax? why be different?

For most of the world, "different" is something to be shunned and put on the short bus.
I don't know if the video makes any good points for mingling with "those people".
Aside from the almost subliminal nature of the product placement where the Pentax brand is shown (two kids with Pentax PnS and the guy in the museum), there is really no reason why it has got say that a Pentax camera was used to film it. C'mon, there are plenty of ads that were probably shot with cameras or video cameras of other brands. Sorry but I think you probably missed the point of the video.

Btw I have absolutely no problems with the loading of the video where I am. Those who complain about the speed to load, I can only say don't blame Pentax, blame you internet service provider for the crappy bandwidth and transfer speed.
12-24-2010, 07:45 PM   #25
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
Aside from the almost subliminal nature of the product placement where the Pentax brand is shown (two kids with Pentax PnS and the guy in the museum), there is really no reason why it has got say that a Pentax camera was used to film it. C'mon, there are plenty of ads that were probably shot with cameras or video cameras of other brands. Sorry but I think you probably missed the point of the video.

Btw I have absolutely no problems with the loading of the video where I am. Those who complain about the speed to load, I can only say don't blame Pentax, blame you internet service provider for the crappy bandwidth and transfer speed.
Sorry, but put crappy gas in a Porsche and flat tires and the less-knowledgeable will likely blame the car. You cannot put your brand in a crappy server and expect people to say "oh, I understand Pentax is great, too bad the provider was lousy" That is just CRAZY and naive!!

What was the point of the video if not to show what Pentax has to offer? As far as I can tell, this had NOTHING to do with Pentax. Two seconds of Pentax name and two minutes of flash bullshit?

Yes it was a cool concept, but as for brand recognition? Not much.. sorry.
As usual Pentax falls short... reminds me of the Amiga many years ago (or Betamax) -- superior product but lack of marketing and direction caused a huge loss in market recognition.
12-24-2010, 11:00 PM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by amoringello Quote
Sorry, but put crappy gas in a Porsche and flat tires and the less-knowledgeable will likely blame the car. You cannot put your brand in a crappy server and expect people to say "oh, I understand Pentax is great, too bad the provider was lousy" That is just CRAZY and naive!!

What was the point of the video if not to show what Pentax has to offer? As far as I can tell, this had NOTHING to do with Pentax. Two seconds of Pentax name and two minutes of flash bullshit?

Yes it was a cool concept, but as for brand recognition? Not much.. sorry.
As usual Pentax falls short... reminds me of the Amiga many years ago (or Betamax) -- superior product but lack of marketing and direction caused a huge loss in market recognition.
It works fine for me (you just might consider another BB provider) and i'm getting a kick out of it , I made 3 different movies so far and e-mailed them to friends.
Thanks for posting this CP!

Ray

Last edited by Raybo; 12-24-2010 at 11:01 PM. Reason: whoops!
12-25-2010, 05:29 AM   #27
Forum Member

Well, couldnt resist, here is my contribution...
Different By Pentax
12-25-2010, 03:14 PM   #28
Veteran Member

This is my film
Different By Pentax
12-25-2010, 04:18 PM - 1 Like   #29
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
I looked at where the problem was coming from and it was the host's front end switching that was loosing the packets. Also, it was not the ISP I was using, and for a 15 minute download, there had to be some server congestion involved.

If you are going to stand up a new service of some kind, it just stands to reason to make sure that its provisioned to handle the initial load - especially if its video and has the potential of attracting users.....

12-25-2010, 04:48 PM   #30
Site Supporter

I tried to upload a photo but it cut off the (vertical) shot. Are there specifications for a photo before it can be uploaded into the video?