Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
01-02-2011, 06:28 AM   #61
Inactive Account

This thing better have a goatse filter on it.

01-02-2011, 07:18 AM   #62
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lithos Quote

I was thinking it would be an interesting exercise to post up a well-known Canon or Nikon promo pic for it, then capture the reactions of Pentax soldier ants over that - should make a certain prize winning entry in the heavy emotions category!

.R. -- off to copy a Canon taken image to my K-r card and see what blood-fest transpires in its inbuilt pic duelling game.
01-04-2011, 03:08 PM   #63
trj

Very cool - heres mine

ttp://www.differentbypentax.com/#/video/4d13ec887aa50
01-04-2011, 07:50 PM   #64
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think it is great. It worked very well for me and loaded instantly.

The best part is that this means Pentax has discovered marketing!! For years they sat back and waited for customers. The only real marketing effort was to make cameras in different colours. This must mean that Pentax is now getting serious about competing in the marketplace and perhaps has hired a real marketing team.

01-04-2011, 08:58 PM   #65
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Glen Quote

The best part is that this means Pentax has discovered marketing!! For years they sat back and waited for customers. The only real marketing effort was to make cameras in different colours. This must mean that Pentax is now getting serious about competing in the marketplace and perhaps has hired a real marketing team.
That promo is a European region initiative, a niche where Pentax already has a strong, entrenched following.
They know where their customer loyalties lie, and it just seems like a[nother] reinforcing exercise to me.

You say getting Serious about Competing? Where? How do you think that it might improve, or even stabilise, its faltering North American continent penetration; or more important, help tap the critical emerging India and China giants with their 2.5 bn potential?

(Fyi there was a great lengthy discussion on here a few mths ago, with US residents lamenting and citing the disappearance of so many Pentax B&M outlets.)

Yes you had it right about hiring, I remember reading some months back that Pentax had signed some deal with some unfamiliar name (to me) US mob to market~promote certain matters of its image in the region. Definitely was no Saachi & Saachi level thing though!

Fwiw; It's my belief that at this stage anyway, they're concentrating on taking the get-rich-slowly wise approach, and are happy to chew away and try to hold their own with product offering talkable tech-performance & featureset at value pricing.

The trouble is, awards-chasing and great sensors don't keep you over the line, nor provides half-decent margins. And fighting "quality slips" inevitable when trying to be fastest and best doesn't help one bit! That 'stains' bottom lines more than it does any sensor.

You simply have to move onto serious innovating at some point too, just to keep pace with all the opposition already leading in that area.
Even Leica and the rest aren't sustaining consumer respect on their reputations and laurels alone in these faster moving (digital) generations.

.R.

Last edited by Hypocorism; 01-04-2011 at 09:18 PM.
01-04-2011, 09:31 PM   #66

Wow! I've finally achieved the fame I've longed for!

Different By Pentax
01-06-2011, 12:47 AM   #67
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I am late to the party but this is fun!

This is my version -> Different By Pentax

This is the big picture!

Attachment 79967

Last edited by raider; 02-07-2012 at 06:32 AM.
01-06-2011, 02:22 AM   #68
Veteran Member

Love this ad. There are plenty of Pentax references .. starting and ending with the big red Pentax name and row of cameras !

I've sent this to all my friends, viral it certainly will be .... even if it is a copy of the Swedish ad. from a year or so ago (which went viral crazy BTW).
01-06-2011, 07:37 PM   #69
Veteran Member

Uh oh, here's Olympus' version...

Different By Pentax
01-07-2011, 11:56 AM   #70
Veteran Member

Ah, that was great! Hope Pentax expands more here in Asia. Saw a K-5 billboard here in Mandaluyong, Manila (Philippines). I'll try to post a pic when I get to see it again
01-09-2011, 03:15 PM   #71
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lithos Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
Uh oh, here's Olympus' version...
8^) Good thread...
QuoteOriginally posted by Hypocorism Quote
You simply have to move onto serious innovating at some point too, just to keep pace with all the opposition already leading in that area.
WR MILC, WR MILC, WR MILC...
01-12-2011, 10:32 AM   #72

Photos: Albums
Brilliant. Obligatory link to the POOYAN.
01-12-2011, 10:47 AM   #73
Veteran Member

ha ha it chose a horrid beer pic from my facebook (no my choice may do it again

Different By Pentax

the updated version at least it's a pic i like

http://www.differentbypentax.com/#/video/4d2de96959d34