Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-29-2010, 02:05 PM   #46
Forum Member

Great video, quick loaded no issues here.

GT

12-30-2010, 04:00 AM   #47
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Here is mine: there seems to be a cast laid over my picture somehow.

Different By Pentax

Here is the file I've uploaded
Attached Images

12-30-2010, 10:32 AM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
It is genius for sure.

I didn't get it at first because I wonder why they were carrying on about a crappy picture :P

in fact rather hard to get something to justify the video's reaction to it - probably best if it were an obviously bad photo.

Last edited by WerTicus; 12-30-2010 at 10:41 AM.
12-30-2010, 12:09 PM   #49
Veteran Member

Amazing how clever the Adobe Flash platform has become to facilitate dynamic user interactive presentation these days.
MS Silverlight is showing promise too.

.R.

12-30-2010, 02:58 PM   #50
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Here is an odd one !

Different By Pentax.

Look at the name in Venice...
Attached Images

12-31-2010, 09:01 PM   #51
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
The interesting thing about the video is not just the reveal of the photo and the photographer's name/nickname but how many instances you can pick out the Pentax logo and Pentax gear that appears very quickly (Spotmatic, K-5 with DA* lens, Optio RZ10, Optio WR90, K-r, posters of Pentax cameras at the newsstand).

"Sorry, but put crappy gas in a Porsche and flat tires and the less-knowledgeable will likely blame the car. You cannot put your brand in a crappy server and expect people to say "oh, I understand Pentax is great, too bad the provider was lousy" That is just CRAZY and naive!!

What was the point of the video if not to show what Pentax has to offer? As far as I can tell, this had NOTHING to do with Pentax. Two seconds of Pentax name and two minutes of flash bullshit?

Yes it was a cool concept, but as for brand recognition? Not much.. sorry.
As usual Pentax falls short... reminds me of the Amiga many years ago (or Betamax) -- superior product but lack of marketing and direction caused a huge loss in market recognition."

Go figure?
12-31-2010, 10:13 PM   #52
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
My original upload played choppy but after that it worked flawlessly on firefox...I think Pentax has the right idea but delivery and exposure fall short...cool idea, much like the flash the folks at "JibJab" have put up...good, fun stuff...

12-31-2010, 10:38 PM   #53
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by interested_observer Quote
I agree that this looks very interesting and is something unusual for Pentax. I applaud the idea and the effort.....

Having said that - however, I would suggest that Pentax host this on a server that has a bit more umph, with a better network connection along with a higher bandwidth allocation so as to improve the user experience. Its a great idea, hobbled by some cheap skate implementation - and with these limitations, users are going to abandon the link before seeing anything, thus it may not go anywhere - and especially not have the desired results. They could very easily swap this over to the Amazon or Google Cloud in a few minutes, have wonderful bandwidth and unlimited connections - a good virtual server and as usage picks up they could dynamically re-provision to match the demand.

Also, one of the main routers in my path is suffering from a consistent 20% packet loss with another one with a pretty stable 10% loss.

update - it took me 15 minutes (on a very fast high bandwidth connection) to get the full down load and during that time it was trying to play the video.

Okee dokee!

12-31-2010, 10:44 PM   #54
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
Here is an odd one !

Different By Pentax.

Look at the name in Venice...

Looks good to me, even the French subtitles
01-01-2011, 05:34 AM   #55
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Raybo Quote
"Sorry, but put crappy gas in a Porsche and flat tires and the less-knowledgeable will likely blame the car. You cannot put your brand in a crappy server and expect people to say "oh, I understand Pentax is great, too bad the provider was lousy" That is just CRAZY and naive!!

What was the point of the video if not to show what Pentax has to offer? As far as I can tell, this had NOTHING to do with Pentax. Two seconds of Pentax name and two minutes of flash bullshit?

Yes it was a cool concept, but as for brand recognition? Not much.. sorry.
As usual Pentax falls short... reminds me of the Amiga many years ago (or Betamax) -- superior product but lack of marketing and direction caused a huge loss in market recognition."

Go figure?
Well there could be all manner of reason why a few people may experience slow uploads but that does not in itself negate the effort by Pentax. If you feel that the site is of limited value, then that is just your opinion, which could well be the minority view imo. As to brand recognition, something is better than nothing and I dare say that it works because the few people who I know watched it loved it and remembered that it was by Pentax. Sorry but I think you don't get it.
01-01-2011, 01:43 PM   #56
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
Well there could be all manner of reason why a few people may experience slow uploads but that does not in itself negate the effort by Pentax. If you feel that the site is of limited value, then that is just your opinion, which could well be the minority view imo. As to brand recognition, something is better than nothing and I dare say that it works because the few people who I know watched it loved it and remembered that it was by Pentax. Sorry but I think you don't get it.
+1 Everyone I showed it to liked it a lot. And none of them had trouble downloading it. I wonder if it is only Europe that is having download problems.

NaCl(maybe not the most direct of ads, but subtly different...and that's the whole point)H2O
01-02-2011, 12:52 AM   #57
Veteran Member

Would someone show me how to upkoad a picture into this video . I can not even figure it out, real stupid me .
01-02-2011, 02:03 AM   #58
Veteran Member

Very nice ideea! But i'd prefer a better p-TTL
01-02-2011, 02:04 AM   #59
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ken T Quote
Would someone show me how to upkoad a picture into this video . I can not even figure it out, real stupid me .
simply login with your fb profile, it will take automatically your profile picture or, after you press the fb login button in the middle, you just choose connect without facebook and follow the instructions

Last edited by kytra; 01-02-2011 at 02:15 AM.
01-02-2011, 02:43 AM   #60
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kytra Quote
simply login with your fb profile, it will take automatically your profile picture or, after you press the fb login button in the middle, you just choose connect without facebook and follow the instructions
Thank you very much Kytra.

Here's mine

http://www.differentbypentax.com/#/video/4d2047a804554