Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-21-2007, 10:51 AM   #226

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Let's make a counter from now to January 31st ...
And the CMOS 24x36 Cypress 14Megapixels sensor??

10-21-2007, 01:00 PM   #227
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
According to latest informations/rumours I got the 14Mpix FF was only an "introduction" to present Cypress in the article. It may mean 14Mpix or more or less or not even FF.

Mmm anyobody reading chinese here?
10-21-2007, 03:03 PM   #228
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eziodoc Quote
And the CMOS 24x36 Cypress 14Megapixels sensor??
Isn't that the sensor that was used in Kodak DCS 14c and 14n bodies?
10-21-2007, 06:33 PM   #229
PDL
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Kodak is one of the worlds largest CMOS/CCD manufactures on the planet. They use sensors that they manufacture - they do not out source.

KODAK Image Sensor Solutions - Products

PDL - the elitist

10-22-2007, 02:26 AM   #230
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by PDL Quote
Kodak is one of the worlds largest CMOS/CCD manufactures on the planet. They use sensors that they manufacture - they do not out source.

KODAK Image Sensor Solutions - Products

PDL - the elitist
No PDL, in the case of the Kodak DCS/14n it was indeed a sensor from FillFactory, bought later by Cypress. I know it seems odd but well... it's like that.
10-24-2007, 01:24 AM   #231
Forum Member

...and the prize for the most innovative guess goes to REGKEN. (Round of applause...)
He showed imaginative and free thought not bound by any bias or predjudice.

Sounds like .... PENTAX.

He wins an allconsuming three month wait for the announcement

Cheers from OZ

Waiting patiently for the 60-250
10-24-2007, 02:33 PM   #232
Busiko

QuoteOriginally posted by and Quote
PMA 2008 is Thursday, Jan. 31 through Saturday, Feb. 2, 2008.
Announcements should be made before the show, ...., I dont really expect anything before jan 15 at the earlierst,..
Jannuary 15 will be fine. It's my birthday
10-27-2007, 03:07 AM   #233
Veteran Member

Press Release

QuoteOriginally posted by Busiko Quote
Jannuary 15 will be fine. It's my birthday
I don't have the exact date in January 2008 for our press conference here in Paris but it will be some time in January. I don't know if it will fall before or after the PMA.

10-27-2007, 03:24 AM   #234
and
Veteran Member

I was thinking the other day... everyone in the know is saying "you will be very pleased at the new bodies" "you will be very pleased with the direction that pentax is taking".

That got me thinking. who will be pleased and why
The FF crowd will be pleased because its FF?
The APS-C crowd will be pleased because its APS-C?
Both will be pleased because its APS-H?

People who want less noise but not more megapixels will be pleased because it has very few megapixels? (already stated that it will not).
Everyone will be pleased because it has a revolutionary sensor with foveon like technology and very low noise?

Everyone will be pleased because all who own a k10d will get the k20d for free?
10-27-2007, 04:13 AM   #235
Veteran Member

Yeah, I think with all this TA TAAA, those skyrocketing speculations, we will be somewhat disappointed in January.
10-27-2007, 04:19 AM   #236
Veteran Member

Haha, I expect an outstanding APS-C body with an outstanding APS-C sensor with low high ISO noise, and an announcement about a new high-end camera for later release. Those who are not pleased with the new APS-C (K10D replacement, my guess), will be pleased with the announcement about the development of a high-end flagship. So everyone will be pleased, except those who thinks they can get one for free. *grin*
10-27-2007, 04:32 AM   #237
and
Veteran Member

The announcement of a high end flagship, not just "yea we will make one, sometime" but actual info on specs and plans. that would be the best thing I can hope for.

APS-C with 3-4 more megapixels (13-14) and less noise, but not more NR? I will believe it when I see it I dont mind, if they can actually do it. Otherwise I can just use my k10d at iso 1600 and then run NR on it, same thing just a bit more work.
10-27-2007, 04:45 AM   #238
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by and Quote
I was thinking the other day... everyone in the know is saying "you will be very pleased at the new bodies" "you will be very pleased with the direction that pentax is taking".
I think it's pretty safe to say that if everything pans out, at least one high-concept fashion/art photographer will be pleased. Beyond that, we can't really be sure.

Me, I'll be happy if Pentax demonstrates that they've got a commitment to maintaining a line of cameras in the K10D space at a similar pricepoint.
10-27-2007, 05:50 AM   #239
Pentaxian

For what I know from different sources, there's no "FF" or "near FF" camera to introduced soon but that doesn't mean they will not announce one or surprise us later.

AFAIK there is no consistent informations/specifications about a real high end camera. But other informations are still interesting
10-27-2007, 11:13 PM   #240
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
For what I know from different sources, there's no "FF" or "near FF" camera to introduced soon but that doesn't mean they will not announce one or surprise us later.

AFAIK there is no consistent informations/specifications about a real high end camera. But other informations are still interesting
Pentax are not likely to go head to head with the D3 and 1DS mk3 just yet, but what they have in plan will probably be a lot more relevant to the rest of us.