Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
What is sooner or later for you?

Ben
Sooner = Now.
Later = Whenever Pentax release it.

12-04-2007, 12:50 PM   #272
Pentaxian

I just did a quick Google search on K20D and got over 30,000 hits. Unless Ben gets amnesia and forgets his NDA, it looks like we'll all have to wait for the official announcement on the K20 or K11 or Kwhatever.
12-04-2007, 01:06 PM   #273
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by barendvl Quote
So umm.. basicly you state that your an idiot because Ken Rockwell said that measurebators are idiots.. and you are happy about being an idiot too?

Barendvl, You crack me up. My wife was just walking by and asking me why I was having such a good laugh at the computer. Needless to say she doesn't get the joke. Very funny reply, wish I had though of that one...

Interesting thing is that Ken exactly characterized Ricey's blog. There isn't one photograph there and he rarely (ever??) posts any photographs anywhere. Including with his new Canon gear, which I'm sure by now isn't as nice anymore and is starting to show serious flaws.

His posts are worth pulling up a chair, getting the popcorn out and cracking a beer to watch the show that will ensue. Come on RH. Post one bloody picture from any camera brand. I really want you to knock my socks off. Please just one picture.... I have the popcorn ready, now on with the show!
12-04-2007, 01:06 PM   #274
Veteran Member

Has anyone ever bothered to read Ken Rockwell's 'About Me' page? About KenRockwell.com

He makes it quite clear that everything contained in the site is a complete joke, a ruse, a hoax... He likes to play tricks and tease people.. Go read it!

12-04-2007, 03:20 PM   #275
Veteran Member

What is sooner or later for you?

Ben
Sooner = announcement in January, release 30-60 days after

Later = later than that
12-04-2007, 03:37 PM   #276
Not Registered

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote

Interesting thing is that Ken exactly characterized Ricey's blog. There isn't one photograph there and he rarely (ever??) posts any photographs anywhere. Including with his new Canon gear, which I'm sure by now isn't as nice anymore and is starting to show serious flaws.
Maybe KR is Dr Jekill and RH is Mr Hyde...or viceversa....or perhaps both are Mr hyde
12-04-2007, 04:00 PM   #277

Why is Ricehigh allowed to farm for clicks for his blog on here? All it does is push his site up in search engines, and spreads false information about Pentax.

I'm not usually one for censorship, but this is trolling spam. He's not even using his own testing work, just selectively link harvesting other peoples work as long as it fits his anti-Pentax crusade.

He's been banned from every other message board for a reason.

12-04-2007, 04:18 PM   #278
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Maxington Quote
Why is Ricehigh allowed to farm for clicks for his blog on here? All it does is push his site up in search engines, and spreads false information about Pentax.
I'm not usually one for censorship, but this is trolling spam. He's not even using his own testing work, just selectively link harvesting other peoples work as long as it fits his anti-Pentax crusade.
He's been banned from every other message board for a reason.
Exactly!
This type of posts severely affect my enjoyment of this forum. I hope moderators or owners of this forum can do something about it. Sure, I can choose not to read it, but I hate to see how his posts would totally confuse newcomers if they went unopposed.
12-04-2007, 04:29 PM   #279
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
Exactly!
This type of posts severely affect my enjoyment of this forum. I hope moderators or owners of this forum can do something about it. Sure, I can choose not to read it, but I hate to see how his posts would totally confuse newcomers if they went unopposed.

I totally agree. Especially for the newcomers and that is why this advice...

All you new comers. Do not listen to anyone who doesn't really take photos. They like toys and cool tecky stuff, but that isn't what makes a photo a nice thing. It is the nice person holding the cool ego boosting toy that makes the photo NOT the camera. So the next time you want advice, ask someone who actually can capture something worth commenting on. Oh and one more thing...All of the new stuff is good. Some have more stuff than others do or just different stuff that makes the thing more attractive to some people than others. Not really better, but different. Considering that 99.9 percent of all users will never do a print larger than an 8x10, just find the stuff that you like because it looks good and just buy it and be assured that you made the right choice. Oh and don't forget to buy the right accessories for the new toy, like color co-ordinated bags, filters and lens cleaning cloths. We want "That" total look.

That was my Highly Evolved Technical Advice for the Day..

Than' you very much (With an Elvis Presley drawl...)
12-04-2007, 04:41 PM   #280
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very good advice Ben. If I may add a little to your post. This is for all the old timers and regulars (myself included) it's basically "a note to self". What is scary about this thread is we are now on page 5, over 4000 people have viewed the thread and it was created about 5 months ago!!. Many (myself included) have gotten their shots in. When you or anyone has REAL news of the next body, start a new thread please.

OK here's my addition to your post: DO NOT Please DO NOT add a single additional word to this thread. Please let it die and let's all move on. And for the future threads from our dear friend? Please everyone. Ignore them. barendvl was absolutely right in the first place.

BTW Ben Great shots posted earlier. I gotta do some droolin' next time I shoot the bride!!
12-04-2007, 04:56 PM   #281
JMS

I totally agree. Especially for the newcomers and that is why this advice...

All you new comers. Do not listen to anyone who doesn't really take photos. They like toys and cool tecky stuff, but that isn't what makes a photo a nice thing. It is the nice person holding the cool ego boosting toy that makes the photo NOT the camera. So the next time you want advice, ask someone who actually can capture something worth commenting on. Oh and one more thing...All of the new stuff is good. Some have more stuff than others do or just different stuff that makes the thing more attractive to some people than others. Not really better, but different. Considering that 99.9 percent of all users will never do a print larger than an 8x10, just find the stuff that you like because it looks good and just buy it and be assured that you made the right choice. Oh and don't forget to buy the right accessories for the new toy, like color co-ordinated bags, filters and lens cleaning cloths. We want "That" total look.

That was my Highly Evolved Technical Advice for the Day..

Than' you very much (With an Elvis Presley drawl...)
And keep a Hasselblad catalog in your bag. When people ask about it, just say, "Oh, I'm thinking about upgrading in the near future."
12-04-2007, 05:00 PM   #282
Veteran Member

oh....another RH thread...
12-04-2007, 07:02 PM   #283
Veteran Member

Not sure how your coming up with your guesses

Hey there K20,

at least from what I've read - it's very clear that the sensor is definitely not Cypress - possibly Samsung.

where do you get $799? From what I've read its most likely going to compete directly with the Canon 40d and Sony Alpha 700 in price... looks like you're much too low in your guess :0)

Cheers

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentax K20D Quote
The rumors are growing and we have more info about the future cameras
Pentax K20D blog

12-05-2007, 01:54 AM   #284
Veteran Member

I still haven't read that blog entry, but I wanted to make a couple of points.

1. If you ever see Rice selling a used camera buy it. You just know that it's hardly used, so it'll probably be a screaming deal

And I wanted to comment on Maxington's post here.

QuoteOriginally posted by Maxington Quote

Although it would be easy for the mods to delete all his links to his blog they'd pretty much have to delete any of our links to our blogs or web sites to keep things fair.

This would not be a good thing, since web design and blogging is part of modern photography, and several newcomers might need help with their design.

Plus he hasn't really done anything against most forum guidelines, that I've seen anyways.
So he doesn't deserve to get baned.

This is all just my opinion, and you don't have to agree with it.
12-05-2007, 02:37 AM   #285
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
Very good advice Ben. If I may add a little to your post. This is for all the old timers and regulars (myself included) it's basically "a note to self". What is scary about this thread is we are now on page 5, over 4000 people have viewed the thread and it was created about 5 months ago!!. Many (myself included) have gotten their shots in. When you or anyone has REAL news of the next body, start a new thread please.

OK here's my addition to your post: DO NOT Please DO NOT add a single additional word to this thread. Please let it die and let's all move on. And for the future threads from our dear friend? Please everyone. Ignore them. barendvl was absolutely right in the first place.

BTW Ben Great shots posted earlier. I gotta do some droolin' next time I shoot the bride!!
Duhhhh! Everyone...RH is an expert - he's had his 5D for two weeks

Surely that makes him qualified to make to make these claims that the 5D is better than the K10D or anything that Pentax will ever make....

NOT!!!

Which reminds me what does Ken Rockwell have to say about the Nikon D4 and D400?

Ben, you're a LEGEND!