Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-25-2007, 03:32 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Ben,
I certainly agree with you. Having been the myself I have no regrets leaving canonande coming back to Pentax. I had 2 1D series cameras, sigma 120-300 f2.8
canon 24-105L, 70-200 f4.0L, 17-35 Tamron, 85 f1.8, plus other items that I sold so I could buy a K10D and several lenses, I am a freelance shooter and not one of my customers has complained that I shoot Pentax! Boy I sure don't miss all that weight that I used to carry around---Impatientely waiting for the new DA* lenses and what ever the model above the K10D might be. Good shooting all.

06-25-2007, 04:15 PM   #17
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
If everyone else is replying then I'm joining in. Actually had a look at his blog - can't believe that he actually states he is a photographer and has been for 30 years!

It is sad that many searching for camera info will see that blog of his and believe him to be genuine.

Not meaning to be a conspiracy theorist but I do find it strange that this ricehigh has the time and funds to devote to his cause.

I have been following his antics for years now at first he was gushing of the Pentax digitals then one day it all changed - he started claiming his infalable testing procedures showed flaws and that he has invested so much money in Pentax and can not afford to go to Canon. He then stated that it is his duty to warn others of the inferior Pentax products hence the infamous blog.

Those that disputed his testing were quickly trounced on and if you made to much sense - out came the race card and complaints of racism stifled any debate.

Now all of a sudden this photographer of 30 years (with no actual pictures to show) can afford the canon system without selling his Pentax gear and we will hear how superior his canon gear is for sometime - No mention that it costs 3 x the price.

This guy RH is either a sad lonely (very wealthy) loony craving attention or he is actually a made up entity by a rival camera company.

I just don't believe that someone who works as an engineer, has a young family etc has the time to devote to this blog and post on just about every site going as well as conduct these weird tests.

As I said I know we all know he is a loony but I am sure that he has deterred many from going to Pentax - perhaps that is the purpose of the blog.

Loony conspiracy theory perhaps - but when money is involved I am never surprised.
06-25-2007, 06:41 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TDN Quote
Troll says "what"...
Time for this perhaps?

There are so many things i would like to say about RH, but im not going to give him the satisfaction. He is just one of those measurebators that should be ignored
06-25-2007, 11:34 PM   #19
Veteran Member

I just wanted to say that Ben, I always like your work, but I absolutely love both pictures you posted on the first page of this thread. Especially the first one.

Nice Work

06-26-2007, 07:45 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Hey you forgot that this guy shoots Canon, the troll spray you have isn't strong enough for a Canonite but this one is in all its plastic looking glory!

06-26-2007, 07:56 AM   #21
Busiko

What about the new Pentax??

Someone photoshoped a K18D, with too evident design flaws with sockets on the wrong place, card cage small for CF, etc.
It looked more of a wish list. But don't get disapointed. Look at this:

http://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/cda/static/image/2007/03/10/pma_pentax09l.jpg
06-26-2007, 11:08 AM   #22

QuoteOriginally posted by Falcons Quote
If everyone else is replying then I'm joining in. Actually had a look at his blog - can't believe that he actually states he is a photographer and has been for 30 years!

It is sad that many searching for camera info will see that blog of his and believe him to be genuine.

Not meaning to be a conspiracy theorist but I do find it strange that this ricehigh has the time and funds to devote to his cause.

I have been following his antics for years now at first he was gushing of the Pentax digitals then one day it all changed - he started claiming his infalable testing procedures showed flaws and that he has invested so much money in Pentax and can not afford to go to Canon. He then stated that it is his duty to warn others of the inferior Pentax products hence the infamous blog.

Those that disputed his testing were quickly trounced on and if you made to much sense - out came the race card and complaints of racism stifled any debate.

Now all of a sudden this photographer of 30 years (with no actual pictures to show) can afford the canon system without selling his Pentax gear and we will hear how superior his canon gear is for sometime - No mention that it costs 3 x the price.

This guy RH is either a sad lonely (very wealthy) loony craving attention or he is actually a made up entity by a rival camera company.

I just don't believe that someone who works as an engineer, has a young family etc has the time to devote to this blog and post on just about every site going as well as conduct these weird tests.

As I said I know we all know he is a loony but I am sure that he has deterred many from going to Pentax - perhaps that is the purpose of the blog.

Loony conspiracy theory perhaps - but when money is involved I am never surprised.
Did anyone notice RH is not replying? Oh wait, he's probably too busy not taking pictures.

I like your theory, Falcons. Would explain quite something :-)

To be honest, I wouldn't care less which camera anybody uses. If they are speaking such nonsense about any modern dSLR I'd probably disagree. So apart from him getting money from C* or personal satisfaction (which means I'd pity him), I see no reason for this guy to publish the negativity he does.
06-26-2007, 02:03 PM   #23
Veteran Member

did anyone else get a headache from the poor grammar of the blog entry? so, many, commas; i'm, shocked, that, people, bothered, to, reply, directly, on, the blog.

06-26-2007, 02:57 PM   #24

Wow this is funny. According to PopPhoto, if you actually compare camera's in the same price range, canon doesn't even make the top 3 cut. So yeah, Canon's top of the line may best the sub-1000 dollar K10D, but comparing apples to apples shows that canon isn't as great as Rice seems to believe. Sounds like a fanboy trying to justify his decision to switch. Truth be told, if I could get a full frame sensor camera I probably would... but if someone told me to choose between the K10D and the 5D and I'd have to pay for the body and whatever lenses I want, hands down I am going with the K10D. Just a better "bang for the buck" as far as I am concerned.
06-26-2007, 06:02 PM   #25
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Well..You know you could be right. It could be called the K20D, K11D, K'loggs, K (fill in your own name)...But there will be a new Pentax Up Market DSLR..Perhaps sooner perhaps later..But it will be quite the "little bugger" when it does come out.

But what really matters is that all of us here use the material we have and make the best imagery we can at this juncture in time and until the next generation comes out....

I will just keep using my trusty "OLD" K10D to produce images for Magazines and Ad Campaigns and when the new stuff comes out, I guess i'll try it out and use it to shoot for Magazines and Ad Campaigns...etc etc etc...ooooopppssss forgot one more etc.
Hey Ben,

I just have to tell you that this particular image is really freakin' awesome. This one is so.... well... eveything is there... for me anyway. Great lighting, nice special effects, excellent model composition and expression and just so nicely sewn into one visually comprehensive image.

Kudos Ben!

Stephen

Last edited by SCGushue; 06-26-2007 at 06:08 PM.
06-26-2007, 09:07 PM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
Hey you forgot that this guy shoots Canon, the troll spray you have isn't strong enough for a Canonite but this one is in all its plastic looking glory!

Chris, I think you've found the perfect solution. Where can I get some?
06-27-2007, 06:28 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Thanks But...

QuoteOriginally posted by SCGushue Quote
Hey Ben,

I just have to tell you that this particular image is really freakin' awesome. This one is so.... well... eveything is there... for me anyway. Great lighting, nice special effects, excellent model composition and expression and just so nicely sewn into one visually comprehensive image.

Kudos Ben!

Stephen
Thanks Steve;

I can't take all of the credit for the image..It was my "Drool" that did it. You see, I was trying to speak and press the shutter at the same time and while doing so, I drooled all over the top of the camera. To my surprised, when I uploaded the images to my computer, it seems that my Drool caused a short circuit in the electronics thus the resulting anomaly. When I saw it, I thought.."I'm going to do it on every photo..So I spit on the camera for all of the stuff and had my assistant use a plant sprayer as well to insure the desired results..What a great technique..Huh?

Last edited by benjikan; 02-07-2013 at 06:03 PM.
06-27-2007, 12:13 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Thanks for the good laugh Ben
06-28-2007, 03:10 PM   #29

Did you people know that over at photozone forums you can actually mark posts as spam? If they get 10 spam hits, the posts get deleted.

Since RH is basicly spamming everywhere with his own indept analysis (also over on Photozone) it seems a smart move to start putting him on a spamlist, isn't it?

I think that for instance google's pageranks are quite disturbed by all the interlinking RH does. Google for K10D and he will be quite high up due to lots of busy forums all linking back to his pages. Ofcourse he links there himself, but google doesn't know. Fraude, anyone?
06-29-2007, 08:46 PM   #30
Veteran Member

yup, i call fraud on RH's incessant prodding of people to go check out his blog.