Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-07-2007, 09:54 AM   #301
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I'm wondering why if Rice High insists on spamming this forum, why don't we all go and spam his blog with comments refuting all this nonsense he posts?

12-07-2007, 12:01 PM   #302
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SLC Flyfishing Quote
I'm wondering why if Rice High insists on spamming this forum, why don't we all go and spam his blog with comments refuting all this nonsense he posts?

Well, I don't know about you, but I've better things to do with my time than spamming RH, kind of brings us down to his level. Besides, my experience with him over the last 3 years or so, is that others opinions and facts mean nothing to him if they do not agree with his "findings".

Best thing any of us can do is STOP FEEDING THE TROLL!!!
Just ignore any of his posts, and they will soon go away.
12-07-2007, 12:32 PM   #303
Veteran Member

Post if necessary

QuoteOriginally posted by SLC Flyfishing Quote
I often have posted refuting evidence or shedding new light on his findings using the not so out of context sources that he uses. Unfortunately it is a 2 edged sword. Do you really want to raise the hit count at THE BLOG??? As Roscot pointed out it is fairly useless to engage in "discourse" with him as his beliefs are pretty well locked in stone no matter how many facts or experts or practical experience of others you present. One of the big reasons for his ban was that he pretty much would imply EVERYONE was wrong and an idiot not to see what he had "measurebated" or the validity of the obscure "expert" test he found. At first it was funny, then maddening, now it's just sad.........his posts here and at his blog and here
Show Message
are the reasons I cannot believe his credentials. Basic logic should be the ground for any engineering career and I just see too many holes in his. Maybe it's just me........and i'm still annoyed with the fact that almost every Canon expert knows that Canon fakes the iso in order to stay within ANSI standards yet get a "hotter" exposure than one would get w/ almost any other DSLR. You could argue that this is a better way BUT not that the other cameras are BROKE....
Mr. Reid has the right approach: See ISO Accuracy... I do have a bit of a nit to pick regarding the "about 50%" peak thing but the fact is most DSLR's are calibrated to peak at 110 which is approx 58%. Basic line is "know your meter" .......

Last edited by jeffkrol; 12-07-2007 at 12:44 PM.
12-07-2007, 02:04 PM   #304
Inactive Account

I guess it's true that we don't want to raise the hit count at his blog. I thought that if perhaps we all posted messages refuting his claims that people would easily see how wrong he is, but negative attention is still attention and that's exactly what Rice High wants.

I suppose it would indeed be better to ignore him completely, that's by far the worst punishment for his type.

12-07-2007, 05:02 PM   #305
Veteran Member

I would not give him the time of day.obviously he is concerned about the new Pentax Body, that it will hurt his preference for the 5D. Given that I think he is already concerned about the K10D. I wont go down that route, and look forward to Pentax's new offerings.

Heres to the K1D with a FF sensor and the features that the Nikon D3 (and not any Canon) can give and more.
12-07-2007, 05:42 PM   #306
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It would seem RiceHigh is again dead wrong.

Lindy's post on the other forum where he went to DemoDaze with all the major suppliers in a 2 day show in Colorado and discovered [Quote]:

Nothing touchable new from Pentax but big plans instore for 2008 PMA in late January. It would seem the 1.25x croppers will get their wish with K20D. Not confirmed but it most certainly seems the rumors are correct and K20D is a 1.25x, most likely samsung made cmos sensor. And its not first generstion cmos from samsung so this is a good thing.

And if you havn't voted on the poll I started I'd encourage you to have a look here as you can see the following quote as well on the Tamron 70-200 f2.8

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/15856-sigma-70...macro-hsm.html

"Tamron, likely will announce 80-200mm 2.8 at PMA 01-08. Pentax mount will likely not be included with Canon & Nikon, so this lens may never make it to Pentax AF mount. Bummer. Oh well. Sony will get issued before Pentax if Sony gets issued. Tamron's goal now is to move their entire lens line over to Image Stabilized lenses so this is likely why Pentax and Sony will get left out since they have anti shake bodies."
12-07-2007, 10:00 PM   #307
Veteran Member

Do you have any links?

[QUOTE=Peter Zack;130308]It would seem RiceHigh is again dead wrong.

Lindy's post on the other forum where he went to DemoDaze with all the major suppliers in a 2 day show in Colorado and discovered
QuoteQuote:
:
[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Peter,

Tried to do a search on Lindy and DemoDaze with no luck, do you have a link? Trying to stay up with all of the rumors is getting to be more difficult. As much as I would jump for joy if the K20D sensor turns out to be an APS-H size I find it hard to believe.

There is one rumor indicating that GPS capabilities are also going to be one of the new features. Since I am in the throws of investigating what I'm going to do about GPS, it might be worthwhile to see what will be available after Jan. That along with an APS-H sensor and LV would force me to buy it even though I swore to myself I was going to skip a model. A 14mp CMOS APS-H with LV and built in GPS for $1,400 would make me preorder the darn thing.

Thanks for any links,

ken

12-07-2007, 10:11 PM   #308
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by regken Quote
Tried to do a search on Lindy and DemoDaze with no luck, do you have a link?
Don't bother, Lindy is wrong. K20D has a APS-C sensor, it is as close to official information as you can get barring the press release.

Just ask our fellow forum users who have seen, touched and handled the camera; instead of trusting someone who haven't.
12-08-2007, 05:43 AM   #309
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
here you go Ken:

Pentax Forum: DemoDaze Pentax Colorado - photo.net
12-08-2007, 10:02 AM   #310
Veteran Member

Thanks Peter

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
I read through the whole thread and am unimpressed by his fact gathering. I think I'll stick with what Richard Day and Steve are saying. They seem to be very close to Pentax and have seen the prototype. To bad, I'd love to see an APS-H sensor. Maybe the next model will be a step up to a bigger sensor.

Thanks for the link.

Ken
12-08-2007, 10:06 AM   #311
Veteran Member

I think it's very clear from Ben, Richard Day, Steve and others that it's APS-C. Although I like the idea of what APS-H could mean in terms of IQ and high ISO potential, such a move would require me to completely rearrange my lens selection because of the focal length difference and that wouldn't be welcome.
12-08-2007, 10:32 AM   #312
Veteran Member

More bodies fewer lenses.

QuoteOriginally posted by switters Quote
I think it's very clear from Ben, Richard Day, Steve and others that it's APS-C. Although I like the idea of what APS-H could mean in terms of IQ and high ISO potential, such a move would require me to completely rearrange my lens selection because of the focal length difference and that wouldn't be welcome.
I've made it a point to buy only FF lenses just in case different sensors become available. Ben made a comment a long time ago about how inexpensive bodies will become and I fully agree with that. Buying a body with a different sized sensor will be cheaper than buying a new lens. I'd love to have a FF, a 1.25 , a 1.5, and a 4/3eds body that all my glass would fit. If the Oly 510 would meter with my lenses I'd already have the 4/3eds sensor.

Regards,

Ken
12-08-2007, 10:37 AM   #313
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
So basicaly youdo not own any real wide angle lens ?
12-08-2007, 10:52 AM   #314
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
So basicaly youdo not own any real wide angle lens ?
That's one of the reasons. A decent 19-20mm lens will cost me what $400? I'd rather spend that on a FF body and use the 28mm I have. My wonderful 200mmf4 becomes a 400mm FOV on a 4/3eds body.

Regards,

Ken
12-08-2007, 10:53 AM   #315
Inactive Account

I personally stopped worrying about the "crop factor" a long time ago. I can get terrific images with my K10D and it's APS-C sensor, better than I thought I would be able to get, so I'm satisfied. But I tend to get a lot of use out of the 50 to 200 mm focal lengths and not the wide angle stuff.

SLC