Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-31-2007, 11:20 AM   #376
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rickster Quote
The A2 really shined in macro mode. You could lock down the camera on a tripod and then use the cursor control to move the focus point anywhere in the image. It's AFC and predictive focus worked well too after they got out the first firmware update. Perhaps you only saw the original release?

cheers,
Rick
May be. As I said I only played a bit with it.
If I find one I will play longer as it seems it derserves longer trial before judging.

12-31-2007, 07:43 PM   #377
Veteran Member

Original Poster
This is an interesting feature which let the user to viewthrough a color Live View image through the optical viewfinder when the mirror is up and possbilbly with AF and AE by the CCD in real time too.

But no body knows if the patent will be adopted in the K20D or not. And, this has been an old speculation half year ago already:-

RiceHigh's Pentax Blog: Un-substantiated Rumours on Upmarket Pentax DSLR
01-02-2008, 06:45 AM   #378
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
May be. As I said I only played a bit with it.
If I find one I will play longer as it seems it derserves longer trial before judging.
The A2 is a very decent photographic tool. Much of what I like ( I still have mine) about it drove my decision to purchase the K10D. I have a sense with both of these cameras that they were designed by photographers for photographers.
08-12-2008, 11:57 AM   #379
Veteran Member

The Sky IS Falling...

Thank goodness there is Samsung to pick up the pieces...

08-12-2008, 12:08 PM   #380
Veteran Member

Tom, You rascal. You'll get everybody stirred up like on dp review. I am not sure I would want samsung to pick up the pieces after what I've been through with them and a high defination TV that has lasted only 2.5 years.
BTW how do like the nikon d300 by now and the afs 300 lens? Post a few pics .
08-12-2008, 12:11 PM   #381
Veteran Member

only if you visit Arches National Park.... :-)
08-12-2008, 05:28 PM   #382
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom Lusk Quote
Tom,
Always glad to hear from you. Many of us know it's falling, the time is what is in doubt. Do you have any new info pointing to the Apocalypse?

08-12-2008, 07:14 PM   #383
Veteran Member

Not sure what you are referrring to

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom Lusk Quote
But 152 posts in 11 hours... Not bad
And it spurred 2 related "rah" "rah" threads...
08-12-2008, 07:57 PM   #384
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
But 152 posts in 11 hours... Not bad
And it spurred 2 related "rah" "rah" threads...
Great post you started there! Just started to read it and need to go back and read the whole thing. I've been saying all along Hoya isn't going to put any money into Pentax. They either make it on their own or Hoya will bail out.
08-13-2008, 05:00 AM   #385
Inactive Account

It seems the writing is now on the wall and the Death of Pentax is pretty much a formality.

What I don't understand is the apparent joy that some are dispalying at this news of the demise of Pentax. Don't they actually read the statement particularly the part that states, "increasingly severe competition in
the compact digital camera market is depressing unit prices"

Competition brought prices down, comptition drove the Camera companies especially the big 2 to develop new technologies for photography. It just amazes me that people can actually express delight at this news.
Many Pentax owners are Pentax owners due to the fact it is probably the least expensive system to buy into, with features like in body stabilization so you don't have to buy the most expensive lenses.

What's that you say? Oh The big 2 are offering stabilised lenses as part of the Kit lenses available. Well I am sure they were going to do that all along and it just happened to coincide with Pentax, Oly & Sony having Inbody IS.

With Pentax gone and more and more consumers being driven to the big 2 out of fear that the others will also close down - Prices will go up, New technology will take longer to reach the market and only when the duoply feel it is needed to generate extra revenue.

And some of us will no longer be able to afford Photography as a hobby unless we are prepared to put up with the toy camera offerings from the big 2.
08-13-2008, 05:04 AM   #386
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Falcons Quote
It seems the writing is now on the wall and the Death of Pentax is pretty much a formality.
Your statement is utter rubbish. I'm sure Pentax will still be there when flowers are growing on your belly
08-13-2008, 05:14 AM   #387
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
Your statement is utter rubbish. I'm sure Pentax will still be there when flowers are growing on your belly
Hope you are right.
Either way it doesn't really bother me as I am sure that with all the Cheap K20D's and Pentax lenses flooding the market I will be able to keep going Pentax for a few years yet.
08-13-2008, 05:24 AM   #388
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Falcons Quote
Where do you guys get it from. It is utter rubish based on nothing....
08-13-2008, 05:32 AM   #389
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
Where do you guys get it from. It is utter rubish based on nothing....
Maybe, but that statement from Hoya sure doesn't sound good. I have been hearing this doom & gloom rumour for 3 years now and still Pentax is alive, but it seems Hoya isn't really that interested.

Fortunately for me Pentax make exceptional well built cameras and my ancient *istDS is still kicking on, I am just too nervous to spend thousands of $$$ on an upgrade and new lenses.

Seriously hope I am wrong.
08-13-2008, 06:05 AM   #390
Veteran Member

Oh no, Pentax is doomed once again.