Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-14-2008, 05:51 AM   #421
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ishpuini Quote
In Dutch there's an expression that goes: Als de lucht invalt zijn alle vogels dood. Roughly translated that is: If the sky falls down all the birds will die.

We use it when someone uses too many very unlikely IF statements in a conversation. Basically it means whatever the other is hinting at will never happen.

So what if the sky is falling... all the birds will die... It will never happen...

Wim
Oh to me it is the dutch version of "Avec des si on met Paris en bouteille" which literaly translated means "With so many if we could put Paris into a bottle"

08-14-2008, 06:47 PM   #422
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
I'm sure all companies are finding P&S sales difficult. The downturn in the USA economy is certainly making things tough and if you own a decent P&S you might be rethinking the new P&S purchase when the bank is phone about the mortgage every day.
The other aspect to this is by now just about everyone must have one and now that they actually deliver photos of "35mm" quality, don't get superseded by a a new model with much better quality every year, and don't fall to bits within a year, how many people are going to buy a new one every year or two. This will be a problem for all brands.

Cheers, Nige
08-14-2008, 07:08 PM   #423
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom Lusk Quote
Thank goodness there is Samsung to pick up the pieces...
Hey Tom,
Good to hear you're still kickin'
08-15-2008, 12:52 AM   #424

Photos: Albums
Normal situation, I suppose?

Being a Pentax camera owner for around 14 months only (and that is my first slr), I consider myself as a beginner in both photography and Pentax equipment...

But I've already seen Pentax dying four times, at least...

Honestly - I'm getting used to it

Ix

08-15-2008, 06:21 AM   #425
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
So what's new, the same old doom and gloom predictions by the agent provocateur types lurking here designed to incite fear and anxiety against the backdrop of actual news.

I'm surprised the mods haven't locked up this thread as the intent is clearly to deliberately provoke by creating disdain over the future of Pentax.
I actually applaud the forums mods. I find them to be level-headed people. Sure, this may be a negative thread, but it certainly is still related to Pentax.

As with any brand, there will always be naysayers.

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
yea but the Korean super-giant robots will be outsourced and built by the Vietnamese or Filipinos, and wont be of the same quality as the Japanese built super-giant robots.
Not only would it be of inferior quality, it'll cost more too, since the Filipino government will squeeze the multinationals for ginormous taxes! You know, the president needs to take her family abroad every so often...

Sorry, can't resist taking a potshot at my own government.

On a more serious note, I only wish our local distributors would relent and price Pentax products much nearer to American prices. Once they do, I'm sure there would be a spike in local Pentax sales here. We might be able to cover the 300 or so K20Ds worth of losses.