Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-23-2007, 12:49 AM   #76
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by FotoPete Quote
Wow I just saw the new Nikon releases from DPR. Things, I must say, just got a little harder for Pentax.

Better hope there will be a slew of powerhouse Pentax releases tomorrow following the ones from Canon and Nikon.
they just announced Optio S10

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Canon 40D is really not on my book ( already a loser before the race is started against Nikon D300) and I am wish the rumour to be true for 5D MKII feb 2008.
That D300 is really impressive. Looks like it's going to be ultimate prosumer DSLR with ultimate image quality and performance. I can see just two bad things with it:
- no in-body image stabilisation;
- price.

08-23-2007, 07:36 AM   #77
wll
Veteran Member

Nikon has great new items !!

It shows they do not intend to play second fiddle to anybody ....NOW lets see what Pentax has in store.

Pentax needs to step up, and I hope they do. Not with small improvements of cameras that are already out, but hot new items ..... Nikon's D300 looks like a VERY fine camera and their ff will give Canon a fun for its money I bet.

Lets see what P has in the works !

wll
08-23-2007, 10:43 AM   #78
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
...!!!

QuoteOriginally posted by TDN Quote
whatever it is, i hope i can see it / hold it in Paris at the Salon de Photo in October!

Tom
Me to Tom!

Ben
08-23-2007, 10:52 AM   #79

Ben,

Is there Any way you can narrow the announcement timeframe for us?

Please....pretty please

or are you under a non-disclosure....

The announcement of the two new P&S cameras was.......well......anti-climatic

Last edited by pentaxshooter; 08-23-2007 at 02:03 PM.
08-23-2007, 10:56 AM   #80

Who will manufacture an upgradable Pentax body?

Camera/lens technology continues to push forward faster and faster; the appearance of the newest Nikon slr brings forth moans of dispair from us Pentaxians. Will faster and faster new technology drive us all to bankruptcy or will Pentax get the idea that building a slr camera body that is upgradable inside and out be the marketing marvel that might enable them to leap-frog over Canon, Nikon, Sony et al? Camera technology seems to be following closely the technology of computers, so why doesn't someone come up with a body that may be upgraded with the adding-on of new components? Doesn't that seem like an approach that would benefit all, camera/lens manufacturers and consumers alike? If this, or something very similar doesn't happen in the foreseeable future, where will markets be with technology that dooms previous technology every year or so?

FLASH
08-23-2007, 10:59 AM   #81
Veteran Member

1 million mp
1 million fps
1 million tb/sec wireless transfer
1/1millionth max shutter speed
1 million tb/sec buffer speed

i dont even care what the K1millionD will be like because i know it will be better then my best friend, the K10D. when it comes out, im going to the camera shop every day to hold it and ask if i can borrow it. the only reason the guys will let me touch it is because they know i will scrape together a couple grand for one....i always do. horay for school loans...booh for the urge to buy and eat food.

p.s. the k1millionD refers to the K?D. I am sure that K1millionD is going to be the name for it.
08-23-2007, 11:01 AM   #82
Veteran Member

Why..

QuoteOriginally posted by AVANT Quote
Not if rumors of a 1.3x crop factor is true...

A 1.3x sensor will be larger than our 1.5x sensors. Not going to pull out the calculator for this one, but I would guess the pixel pitch to be similar to current APS-C 10MP cameras. So we could possibly get 12+MP without any additional noise.
Why does it necessarily have to be a 12 MP sensor?

Ben
08-23-2007, 11:08 AM   #83
Veteran Member

i know that mp doesnt directly translate to better resolution, but if its done right it can translate...am i right or what?

so i do a lot of wedding photography.

i have the ist*D and the K10D
if i had a larger group of people, i would ALWAYS reach for more resolution to get those facial features like eyelashes and smile-wrinkles when they want it blown up to 16x20 so that you can see everybody
the larger sensor helps with this too. just think about it: larger picture with larger sensor=less blowing-up at a lesser percentage...

im late for class

just my thoughts

peace out to town babaaahhh

08-23-2007, 11:51 AM   #84
axl
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cutterpup Quote
I'm hoping for a mid level between the K100super and the K10, maybe with 8 mp and a better buffer capacity.
I don't think that's gonna be the case...
what would be the point??? To me K100D Super seems good entry level to go head to head against EOS400D and D40x (less mpx but antishake, antidust, SDM support and backward compatibility with all lenses). Then you have K10D which gives EOS30D and D80 good run for the money. Now, ok Cannon is releasing 40D, but they had to, K10D was beating them
I would bet the new model will be something to go against Nikon D200 or D300. So not the top level pro model, but just tiny bit under...
But that's just my opinion
08-24-2007, 10:00 AM   #85

I heard that the sensor was going to be 19mp. I questioned my source on this and he was adamant that it was 19mp and stated the sensor size as bieng 24mm x 30mm.

Also a pro photographer he seemed quite happy with the sensor aspect ratio, apparently the better option for printing.

I can't see the logic in Pentax only going up to 12mp and staying with a smaller sensor, when the larger sensor allows for a greater MP.

The only issue I have with this info is who is making this sensor and where is the the market hype from the manufacturer? I can't see us having to wait too long though for the info to come out.
08-24-2007, 10:21 AM   #86
and
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

One thing is sure, its going to be very exiting to see what they have to offer if they ever offer something at a level above the k10d. There are still lots of things to improve over the k10d while keeping the same aspect ratio sensor. The k10d is very nice but there are lots of things to improve.
08-24-2007, 12:35 PM   #87

Ahhhhh....the suspense......the drama......the humanity!!!

Please PENTAX, please!
08-24-2007, 06:06 PM   #88
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by crashman Quote
I heard that the sensor was going to be 19mp. I questioned my source on this and he was adamant that it was 19mp and stated the sensor size as bieng 24mm x 30mm.

Also a pro photographer he seemed quite happy with the sensor aspect ratio, apparently the better option for printing.
Sure -- 8×10. Wow, that's really, really close to full-frame - in fact, it is full frame vertically with a 1.2× crop horizontally. I dunno, that seems unlikely.
08-25-2007, 10:19 AM   #89

When he told me, I asked him if that was the specs for the 645D and he said NO! and that the 645D was 39mp.

He seemed to have access to some info, though how accurate that info is, is another story.

I can't see us waiting too long, maybe another month.
08-26-2007, 02:40 AM   #90
Veteran Member

It's interesting. Probably putting on hold the 645D, they had a few thousands of Kodak 39Mp sensors on order, so they cut each of them vertically to produce two 19Mp sensor for the supposed nearly full format new camera.

Last edited by eurostar; 08-26-2007 at 10:29 AM.