Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-09-2007, 07:11 AM   #166
wll
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by and Quote
I just hope their next body will be at a higher level than the k10D. The k10d is superb as it is, at its low pricepoint and its not an old model either, I dont see the point in upgrading it already 1 year after the release. I hope they will follow what they said in that old interview, that a higher end model will be introduced. A Pentax k1d with built in vertical grip, 100% vf and lots of goodies at around 1700-2000 USD. I would love to see what kinda stuff they would put in that model, given the much higher price over the k10d.

I think they should expand their body lineup rather than just upgrading the existing ones
If Pentax shows us its new line up in Jan, they best be MAJOR changes, upgrades do not cut it. As stated in past forums, Pentax said they made a mistake (sort of) by having a small upgrades, they said new camera bodies and major changes were the way of their future.

wll

10-09-2007, 10:53 AM   #167
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wll Quote
If Pentax shows us its new line up in Jan, they best be MAJOR changes, upgrades do not cut it. As stated in past forums, Pentax said they made a mistake (sort of) by having a small upgrades, they said new camera bodies and major changes were the way of their future.
Yep. And therefore they released K100D Super
10-11-2007, 07:20 AM   #168
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by blende8 Quote
Foveon was a rumour from this year's PMA.
Several people reported this in newsgroups.
Don't know the source though.
Newsgroups? What newsgroups? I'd like to read more on that...
10-12-2007, 12:53 AM   #169
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by blende8 Quote
Foveon was a rumour from this year's PMA.
Several people reported this in newsgroups.
Don't know the source though.
I cannot say what the sensor will be, but I can say what it won't be!

It's definitely NOT a Foveon!

10-12-2007, 01:01 AM   #170
and
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I guess that figures, since foveon would have to come up with a very different, new sensor for that to work, a bigger one too. And I guess if they were capable of making bigger sensors then Sigma would already be using them. I still like the idea behind their technology though.. I guess someone might copy them sooner or later.
10-12-2007, 01:38 AM   #171
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Richard Day Quote

Mmm Richard, is it going to be a Sony sensor ?
10-12-2007, 02:30 AM   #172
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Mmm Richard, is it going to be a Sony sensor ?
Or could it be a Kodak sensor ?

Or a Fuji?

Or a Samsung?

(Since you're allowed to say what it's not.... we should corner it at some point )

10-12-2007, 02:45 AM   #173
and
Veteran Member

Well of course everything is pointing at sony. If its not going to be sony then there are not that many viable options, and now foveon is out too. I dont see any way canon will sell theirs, I dont know if fuji is as protective, but that sensor is basically what seperates them so I guess not.

And then the remaining makers would be a bit of a gamble since they dont make sensors for any current dslrs.
10-12-2007, 03:01 AM   #174
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wll Quote

wll
Will..The word IS MAJOR with a capital "M"
10-12-2007, 03:03 AM   #175
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Richard Day Quote

Nope..It "A'INT" a FOVEON....
10-12-2007, 03:14 AM   #176
Pentaxian

A major change? Hmm... I bet it will be the first sensorless camera! No more high ISO noise, banding, VPN... and the marketing could put a "equivalent to xxxxx megapixels" label on it, thus crushing the competition still in the 10-12 MP range.
However, I have a feeling that I'm missing something...
10-12-2007, 08:15 AM   #177
Sam

Ben,
You mean that in just three months Pentax (under the umbrella of Hoya) will be ready to present / deploy a new FULL system, including bodies, LENSES flashes and accessories or this MAJOR news they told you to tell us will be just a new sensor in a dslr body?

Last time they presented their new lenses lineup, aka 2 DA* lenses it took them ~11 months to deploy them..without taking into account what they have been spreading over the past months concerning Salon de Paris..

BTW Have you seen with your own eyes any of this that you tell us?

Sam

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Will..The word IS MAJOR with a capital "M"
10-12-2007, 08:41 AM   #178

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Nope..It "A'INT" a FOVEON....
That seems to be sufficiently cryptic to actually mean something...
10-12-2007, 08:53 AM   #179
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sam Quote
Ben,
You mean that in just three months Pentax (under the umbrella of Hoya) will be ready to present / deploy a new FULL system, including bodies, LENSES flashes and accessories or this MAJOR news they told you to tell us will be just a new sensor in a dslr body?

Last time they presented their new lenses lineup, aka 2 DA* lenses it took them ~11 months to deploy them..without taking into account what they have been spreading over the past months concerning Salon de Paris..

BTW Have you seen with your own eyes any of this that you tell us?

Sam
Why would you limit the development time to three months??
Pentax have been working with it for years, there are no shortcuts to take in the development process. IŽd say that the final verification and production preparation would take at least 6 months.
Pentax just happened to get a new major shareholder in the meantime.
/Mats
10-12-2007, 10:12 AM   #180
Pentaxian

They might just be able to afford a higher Mpix count or another brand than previously thought.

EDIT: I meant another sensor brand of course.

Last edited by thibs; 10-12-2007 at 11:19 AM.