Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-22-2007, 08:53 AM   #61
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
davek, That's partly why I was reluctant to even post this because until it is on the shelf it's still a rumour. And who knows how long it will be till we can buy one. That being said the K10D will hold it's resell value if and when owners decide to try the new one. There are tons of *ist, K110 and K100 owners just waiting for more used K10D's to hit the market.
I took delivery of my second K10D an hour after hearing this and have no regret. I needed it for weddings and can shoot today instead of waiting god knows how long. Enjoy your new camera, it's a beauty!!

08-22-2007, 12:23 PM   #62
TDN
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
whatever it is, i hope i can see it / hold it in Paris at the Salon de Photo in October!

Tom
08-22-2007, 12:31 PM   #63

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
I almost dread posting this but I've seen a few posters lately considering another brand mostly due to the Fps and a few other reasons. I know the Pentax rep in the East coast fairly well. We worked together for 8 years and I helped him along the road to becoming a rep. Well we got to talking today and I asked about the possibility of an new body in the line. Nothing was confirmed and he was incredibly vague. They want to save it all for a soon to be announced press release. So at the fear of starting yet another rumour mill....

Q: Are they going to announce a new body?
A: Yes

Q: When?
A: Very, very soon.

Q: Features and advancements?
A: can't say

Q: 5 Fps?
A: a wink, smile and nod

Q: Sensor?
A: 12 mp

Q: Live view?
A: That would be nice on a new body another wink and nod

I asked several other questions of course but he kept changing the subject. Take it for what it's worth but the model number that slipped was the K1.

Now that being said I would think that any new body is going to be many months down the road before it hits the shelves. The K10D is still the best bang for the buck and it would seem they aren't waiting for the new Canon 40D to take anything away from the momentum. Even with that news/rumour I got a second K10D today myself.
I wonder...

Sony 12.5 MP APS-C CMOS sensor, 10 fps: Digital Photography Review

For the K1D?
08-22-2007, 02:01 PM   #64
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by anomaly Quote
Not if rumors of a 1.3x crop factor is true...

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Though not really interested in live view, an upgrade sounds great. The rumour says the sensor to be 1.3 crop factor sensor - this will sound great too but not too keen on having more pixels. It is just logically impossible to pack more pixels in the same small sensor not resulting in high noise in the images.
A 1.3x sensor will be larger than our 1.5x sensors. Not going to pull out the calculator for this one, but I would guess the pixel pitch to be similar to current APS-C 10MP cameras. So we could possibly get 12+MP without any additional noise.

08-22-2007, 02:04 PM   #65
Veteran Member

*im in my basement working on a K1MillionD*
08-22-2007, 04:12 PM   #66

Does anyone know exactly when this announcement is supposed to happen? It seems that other groups are also touting an August 23rd announcement. If this is happening in Japan... it's been the 23rd for over 8 hours.

Keeping vigil. And very interested in the K1MillionD.... sounds intriguing.
08-22-2007, 04:31 PM   #67

QuoteOriginally posted by direct2miguel Quote
Does anyone know exactly when this announcement is supposed to happen? It seems that other groups are also touting an August 23rd announcement. If this is happening in Japan... it's been the 23rd for over 8 hours.

Keeping vigil. And very interested in the K1MillionD.... sounds intriguing.
I thought it was an August 30th announcement?

08-22-2007, 04:33 PM   #68
Banned

Whatever it is, Im getting it the second it drops.
08-22-2007, 04:48 PM   #69
Veteran Member

I've read elsewhere, that Pentax has a press conference scheduled for tomorrow (8/23). So maybe we will find out officially very soon.
08-22-2007, 07:06 PM   #70

5 fps means a new AF system must come out to match it
as well as AE has to be upgraded, also new flash gun better pttl

a great leap is never as easy as add up many small steady steps
08-22-2007, 08:45 PM   #71
Veteran Member

Ugh..another Pentax camera I can't afford. Hopefully it will be enough but theres some pretty serious competition from C*non. That new Mark III 21MP and the previous 10MP are sure to be some serious competition.

And I hope that Pentax brings the stop down coupler back. If its gonna be their pro body, they might as well. Nikon has it for their D1, D200 and D2 so I can't see why Pentax can do it.
08-22-2007, 09:10 PM   #72
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by FotoPete Quote
Ugh..another Pentax camera I can't afford. Hopefully it will be enough but theres some pretty serious competition from C*non. That new Mark III 21MP and the previous 10MP are sure to be some serious competition.
The 40D will be competition (as will Nikon's D300), but, at $8000, the 1Ds Mk III not so much.
08-22-2007, 10:26 PM   #73
Veteran Member

Wow I just saw the new Nikon releases from DPR. Things, I must say, just got a little harder for Pentax.

Better hope there will be a slew of powerhouse Pentax releases tomorrow following the ones from Canon and Nikon.
08-23-2007, 12:33 AM   #74
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by direct2miguel Quote
It has been said that Pentax Europe (Germany) has called to a press conference today, I don't know which time.

Take care
R
08-23-2007, 12:36 AM   #75
Veteran Member

Hope so

QuoteOriginally posted by FotoPete Quote
Better hope there will be a slew of powerhouse Pentax releases tomorrow following the ones from Canon and Nikon.
I better hope so.

Canon 40D is really not on my book ( already a loser before the race is started against Nikon D300) and I am wish the rumour to be true for 5D MKII feb 2008.

Pentax 645D has been on my mind for too long and lack of news regarding this camera has changed my focus to the newer model of k1d or XD. (The beautiful bokeh and 3D feel from FF sensor are really really nice even with landscape shots).

Will follow the news closely ...