Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-10-2011, 03:09 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Supernaut Quote
Yes, that is what I was thinking of. But I suppose there is a lot of problem to solve. Not just making it waterproof while using it under water. Users will change lenses while wet or dusty and get it inside very easily.
If in the seventies and eighties they could change lenses on the Nikonos, I guess the same could be done today. I don't think people at large are less smart than then. Clean the camera before changing the lenses.

A submergible APS-C camera with a version of the 10-17 fish eye would be a fullfillment of my dreams.

01-10-2011, 03:43 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Mmmmm I hope it would be a mirrorless K-mount if they'll make one (if they're gonna make it have IL too )
01-10-2011, 05:44 AM   #18
Veteran Member

I'm not seeing the point of a K-mount mirrorless. The lens' flange distance would have to be exactly the same as current bodies, and so the body depth would have to be the same; that is to say the body would be the same size as a DSLR, just with a void where the mirror would be and permanent live view, no different than just pushing the LV button on your current body. This defeats the entire point of a mirrorless camera.

The only way around this would be to basically attach a permanent "adapter" mount that would stick out a significant distance from the body, which would make it even more horribly lopsided than the Sony NEX. There's a reason why all manufacturers of mirrorless cameras went with new mounts, despite sensor sizes being exactly the same as on their DSLRs.

Last edited by Cannikin; 01-10-2011 at 05:53 AM.
01-11-2011, 02:45 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hmm, thanks for pointing that out Cannikin. You're right with the distance thing, it didn't cross my mind. A new mount... yeah, Pentax will have a lot of things to consider on this.

01-11-2011, 03:22 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
well, the space once used for the mirror could be now be used for a tilt and shift gear, but that would require the use of full frame optics... and I doubt there would be more than an handful of potential buyers...
01-11-2011, 05:28 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
I'm 99,99% sure that the camera is already in a testing/pre-production stage. They will offer something different from the Panasonics and Oly's out there.
01-11-2011, 05:29 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bsamcash Quote
I'm a stubborn SLR fan, but a point & shoot with a k-mount? I'm listening!