Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-30-2011, 05:10 AM   #316
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 318
QuoteOriginally posted by zackspeed Quote
sdm only
Huh, I was dreaming of using the DA Limited's on the "other" camera. Oh well.

03-30-2011, 05:39 AM   #317
Pentaxian
gazonk's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Oslo area, Norway
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,513
QuoteOriginally posted by ewalk Quote
Huh, I was dreaming of using the DA Limited's on the "other" camera. Oh well.
I guess Pentax wants to sell you a new set of pancakes for this camera
(or maybe they will be crępes, since at least the wide angle ones will be thinner?)
03-30-2011, 06:07 AM   #318
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Posts: 443
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Mirrorless Rumors | Blog | HOT: First pictures of the Pentax NC mirrorless system!


The first news - bad. Crop 6. 1/2.33" sensor.

Good new - the second one EVIL will be with 14 MP APS-C sensor and K-mount.

The NC-1 camera is not too surprising. It was always mentioned to be inspired by the Auto 110 camera. Sharing development with the Kenko version should be a good thing.

I did wish that it would be a camera that could compete with high-end P&S cameras like the Canon G12, Nikon P7000, Panasonic LX5 or the Olympus PZ1. Then add something those cameras don't have like weather-sealing. Instead it added a funky retro styling. The NC-1 still might be able to compete with those cameras. If so it might be a nice camera. If not then it is just a retro-styled fashion statement. Nikon is suposed to be releasing a small sensor (larger than the NC-1 but smaller than the m-4/3 sensor) in a "pro-level" camera. So the NC-1 will have competetion.

The APS-C camera that should be released late this year might be of some interest and keep us talking about it in the forums.
03-30-2011, 06:13 AM   #319
ogl
Pentaxian
ogl's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Siberia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,294
QuoteOriginally posted by DaveBlack Quote
The NC-1 camera is not too surprising. It was always mentioned to be inspired by the Auto 110 camera. Sharing development with the Kenko version should be a good thing.

I did wish that it would be a camera that could compete with high-end P&S cameras like the Canon G12, Nikon P7000, Panasonic LX5 or the Olympus PZ1. T
Such camera MUST have 1/1.6"-1/1.7" sensor, RAW and DLSR like control to compete with LX5 and new Olympus XZ-1

03-30-2011, 06:13 AM   #320
Senior Member
Michael Barker's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 164
This makes a 2.5x crop or 2x crop mirrorless from Pentax less likely, which is sad. Oh well, there's always Nikon and Canon.
And for some reason, locating the lens left of center is very off-putting.
03-30-2011, 07:01 AM   #321
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 886
The NC-1 is clearly just a toy camera and nothing more. It will be interesting to see what they price it at. I personally wouldn't pay more than $50 for a camera with a sensor that small, but I'm sure there's someone out there that will think interchangeable lenses means it must be good.

I am however highly interested in the APS-C camera. I'll be curious to see how fast their contrast detect autofocus is. Image quality is only part of the equation after all. Panasonic has clearly solved the AF speed issue with the GH2; I wonder if Pentax will be able to do the same.
03-30-2011, 07:06 AM   #322
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
eddie1960's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,273
QuoteOriginally posted by Art Vandelay II Quote
The NC-1 is clearly just a toy camera and nothing more. It will be interesting to see what they price it at. I personally wouldn't pay more than $50 for a camera with a sensor that small, but I'm sure there's someone out there that will think interchangeable lenses means it must be good.

I am however highly interested in the APS-C camera. I'll be curious to see how fast their contrast detect autofocus is. Image quality is only part of the equation after all. Panasonic has clearly solved the AF speed issue with the GH2; I wonder if Pentax will be able to do the same.
based on what was said about the kenko price ($300 no video) i would be $400 with one of the 2 lenses mentioned
might be a fun pocket cam with the prime, certainly could be good for street photo use
03-30-2011, 07:23 AM   #323
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 886
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
based on what was said about the kenko price ($300 no video) i would be $400 with one of the 2 lenses mentioned
might be a fun pocket cam with the prime, certainly could be good for street photo use
I just bought a Panasonic G1 for $400...I can turn around and sell the 14-45mm lens for close to $300 anytime I want. There is no way, no how I would pay anywhere close to $400 for the NC-1. I'd rather have the Olympus XZ1, Canon S95, or Panasonic LX5. You could also get an Olympus E-PL1 for $400. I view the NC-1 as one notch above a Holga...anything over $200 is ridiculous when you consider the competition.

03-30-2011, 07:23 AM   #324
juu
Veteran Member
juu's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 680
The 5.6x CF might sell alright in Japan, at least initially, but is of marginal interest to me personally.

However, I'll be really impressed if Pentax can launch and support with lenses two mirrorless systems in one year. I'll believe it when I see it.
03-30-2011, 07:59 AM   #325
Pentaxian
johnmflores's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Somerville, NJ
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,213
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Mirrorless Rumors | Blog | HOT: First pictures of the Pentax NC mirrorless system!


The first news - bad. Crop 6. 1/2.33" sensor.

Good new - the second one EVIL will be with 14 MP APS-C sensor and K-mount.
I call fake - Pentax's design language is much more refined and sophisticated than that mockup.
03-30-2011, 08:01 AM   #326
ogl
Pentaxian
ogl's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Siberia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,294
QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
I call fake - Pentax's design language is much more refined and sophisticated than that mockup.
photo could be fake, rumors are close to be true. for P&S camera design could be in another way.
03-30-2011, 08:30 AM   #327
Veteran Member
uccemebug's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 960
QuoteOriginally posted by Michael Barkowski Quote
This makes a 2.5x crop or 2x crop mirrorless from Pentax less likely, which is sad.
I think this is simply an extension of the line of Pentax p&s cams that are heading into novelty territory, quite separate from the APS-C line except for the cheery colours of the K-x etc. There's certainly a line of thought among young Japanese buyers that cameras are fun statements. You can get TLR-style plastic 35mm film cameras in Tokyo and super-awful Vivitar keychain cams, etc.

What is that large metal disc on the front below the flash unit? I suppose it has to be a functioning dial?
03-30-2011, 08:37 AM   #328
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: West Coast , Sweden
Posts: 467
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Such camera MUST have 1/1.6"-1/1.7" sensor, RAW and DLSR like control to compete with LX5 and new Olympus XZ-1
So true. My hope was a 2.x crop which would also give the smallest interchangeble lens camera but much more attractive.
03-30-2011, 08:54 AM   #329
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Biro's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,184
QuoteOriginally posted by Art Vandelay II Quote
I just bought a Panasonic G1 for $400...I can turn around and sell the 14-45mm lens for close to $300 anytime I want. There is no way, no how I would pay anywhere close to $400 for the NC-1. I'd rather have the Olympus XZ1, Canon S95, or Panasonic LX5. You could also get an Olympus E-PL1 for $400. I view the NC-1 as one notch above a Holga...anything over $200 is ridiculous when you consider the competition.
Ditto. I have a G1 and an LX3 along with my K200D. No reason to change that lineup... until the K-5 price drops below $1000 (in which case it may be time to sell the K200D) and/or Pentax unveils the still-rumored second mirrorless system with an APS-C sensor (putting the G1 at risk).
03-30-2011, 09:54 AM   #330
juu
Veteran Member
juu's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 680
QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
I call fake - Pentax's design language is much more refined and sophisticated than that mockup.
Also a good point. This looks like a thing from early 1990ies.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, k-5, mirrorless, pentax, pentax mirrorless, pentax news, pentax rumors, rule, share
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mirrorless Camera--Good or Bad? InStitches49 Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 15 11-10-2010 10:15 PM
[RUMOR] Canon's First Mirrorless Camera! jct us101 Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 12 09-14-2010 08:08 PM
Pentax is investigating a mirrorless system camera falconeye Pentax News and Rumors 172 04-01-2010 01:03 PM
Pentax mirrorless camera in LX like design body ogl Pentax News and Rumors 94 03-23-2010 04:21 AM
Samsung GX fullframe mirrorless camera system? amonsul Pentax News and Rumors 46 11-12-2009 05:37 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:36 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top