Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 74 Likes Search this Thread
06-22-2011, 04:29 PM   #961
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by AKum8 Quote
That flash seems very fragile
Neat little design, but I agree. I liked the design of the flash on the olympus e-pl1 - pop up like a cobra rearing its' head, and could be held back to tilt up for bounce flash.

06-22-2011, 04:30 PM   #962
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pxpaulx Quote
Soooo the big question is. Once there is a k-mount adapter, what is the equivalent focal length when I put on my sigma 600mm mirror lens?! Hope it has some good image stabilization, haha.
Vise Versa, Imagine Q-Lens on K mounts as well and in 645D
06-22-2011, 04:30 PM   #963
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That is so hilarious! I hope it's a PP fraud. Looks like it should be made of Lego. ;-)
06-22-2011, 04:32 PM   #964
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Er, why is there a dial that goes from one to four? Hopefully not the focusing in meters.

06-22-2011, 04:32 PM   #965
Forum Member

Crop factor should be something between 5x and 6x.
06-22-2011, 04:35 PM   #966
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
Er, why is there a dial that goes from one to four? Hopefully not the focusing in meters.
It a user preset. 4 presets.
06-22-2011, 04:37 PM   #967
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
people who use compacts don't want to have to worry about changeable lenses. They just point and shoot.

Who wants to change lens when you're obviously carrying something pocketable? I guess it is better to give a person more versatility.
I am STILL very concerned about the sensor size. Even with today's sensors at 1/1.7, performance for that size is pretty much peaked. Imagining a 1/2.33 sensor at 12 mp is noise heaven. I wish they'd put bigger photodiodes instead.

the thing looks relatively small though which is fantastic. hopefully it will make a good travel cam...

06-22-2011, 04:40 PM - 1 Like   #968
Veteran Member

We'll have to wait for the test pictures. i mean look at Nokia N8 and Sony Xperia Arc. Look also for N9. This are just smartphones but the image quality are almost on par with last year P&S.
06-22-2011, 04:41 PM   #969
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kenn100D Quote
Vise Versa, Imagine Q-Lens on K mounts as well and in 645D
You'll be able to put the body cap on...over the lens.
06-22-2011, 04:42 PM   #970
Veteran Member

Compared to what the Sony shooters have rumored for their world, I feel a tad disappointed
06-22-2011, 04:47 PM   #971
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kenn100D Quote
It a user preset. 4 presets.
Four use presets on a point and shoot? I am getting more confused by the moment.
06-22-2011, 04:57 PM   #972

QuoteOriginally posted by Art Vandelay II Quote
I am certainly intrigued, but if it really is using a 1/2.33 sensor then I will forget about it about 30 secs after I browse through the "hands on preview" from DPR. Panasonic just released a camera that is small enough to fit in a pocket (when used with a pancake prime). Olympus is about to do the same with a PEN Mini. Oly is also about to release their first high end metal prime that should be a match for the Pentax DA Limited's. Unless the NC-1 is under $300 I don't know who in their right mind would buy it over the GF3 or upcoming PEN Mini.
If you want 3-year update cycles with annual rehashes of the same thing, grossly overpriced lenses (even compared to Pentax), a prime once in a blue moon, and the chance of Olympus up and leaving whenever they change their mind, sure go with them.

On the other hand Olympus is a joke, much like this Q.
06-22-2011, 05:17 PM   #973
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wjjstu Quote
If you want 3-year update cycles with annual rehashes of the same thing, grossly overpriced lenses (even compared to Pentax), a prime once in a blue moon, and the chance of Olympus up and leaving whenever they change their mind, sure go with them.

On the other hand Olympus is a joke, much like this Q.
Olympus has surely made their mistakes in the past. Classic 4/3's was a mistake from the get go IMO, but it sure looks they're getting they're act together with m4/3. Rumor has it the AF speed in these three new bodies will be faster than the GH2 as well as most DSLR's. Combine that with small size, built-in shake reduction, and the best JPEG engine in the business (it is nice to shoot JPEG's for less serious stuff), and you have a winning combo. I've already owned an E-P1, Panny G1, and a Sony NEX-3; the E-P1 was by far my favorite of the three. These new bodies should be even better.

As far as the prime lens thing goes. They've already released one prime, and they're about to release two more, a high end 12mm f/2 and a $300 45mm f/1.8. So if you have built up animosity towards them for getting burned my the regular 4/3's system then that is understandable, but they are not making the same mistakes with m4/3's.

I still wish Pentax would have joined m4/3's instead of going this whole Q route. Panasonic, Olympus, and Pentax would have made for quite the system. No one company in the world could have matched the lens output if all three shared the same mount. Heck, I don't know that any one company can match what Panny and Olympus are doing right now as far as release cycles, let alone if a 3rd company joined in.
06-22-2011, 05:39 PM   #974
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There is a lot of concern about this design for its reduced size in everything.
Perhaps a little faith in the engineering and technological process of these consumer tools might be warranted.
06-22-2011, 06:04 PM   #975
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
There is a lot of concern about this design for its reduced size in everything.
Perhaps a little faith in the engineering and technological process of these consumer tools might be warranted.
Well, Pentax has previously shown absolutely no product to put faith in when it comes to the point and shoot market (any subsegment of that market, save perhaps for their weatherproof series...which aren't the greatest against their direct competitors either).

As far as point and shoots go, this is finally at least something interesting from Pentax. There is no reason they shouldn't have reasonably good point and shoot cameras along with their great dslr lineup. If it is priced competitively, and performs at least on par with the compact enthusiast segment, it'll probably hold its' own.