Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 74 Likes Search this Thread
06-21-2011, 05:36 PM   #916
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
Hey, knowing Uncle Mike, it could be an iPad View Camera... or a lomo. Photography that knows no bounds!
It does say "new camera system".

And he's a longtime Pentax fan...of sorts.

06-21-2011, 05:56 PM   #917
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Aristophanes Quote
It does say "new camera system".

And he's a longtime Pentax fan...of sorts.
and Pentax sponsors his site (and they dont sponsor many), so it's perhaps conceivable he has the inside word
06-21-2011, 09:27 PM   #918
Veteran Member

A couple of rumor sites have been posting that the NC-1 would be released June 23rd (in Europe). What time does 10:00 PM Central Time equal in London?
06-21-2011, 09:34 PM   #919
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Five lenses in FA limited silver style included fisheye and 47 mm...Hmmm...

06-21-2011, 11:18 PM   #920
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
A couple of rumor sites have been posting that the NC-1 would be released June 23rd (in Europe). What time does 10:00 PM Central Time equal in London?
5AM GMT = 6AM London time.
06-22-2011, 04:10 AM   #921
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
[...] Actually, I don't even watch for a serious mirrorless camera. [...] That's the kind of camera I am watching out for, ideally FF. [...]
Leica to launch 'compact system camera' at Photokina 2012
QuoteQuote:
Leica bosses have revealed plans to announce a compact system camera at Photokina 2012 in a bid to compete with the likes of Panasonic, Sony, Samsung and Olympus.

Details are scant, but the camera will feature an imaging sensor at least as large as an APS-size, said Leica CEO Alfred Schopf who sees a market for a Leica camera aimed at the consumer market.

'We are looking into that... it's more than an idea... You will see something at the next Photokina,' Schopf told Amateur Photographer in an interview in Paris this morning.

[...]

'Sensors are so becoming a commodity, like film was. It's happening now. APS you can buy rather cheaply, informally,' added Leica chairman Dr Andreas Kaufmann.

Asked whether Leica would include an EVF [electronic viewfinder], Schopf said it would largely depend on the sensor used, hinting that the company would prefer a built-in EVF option.
06-22-2011, 04:47 AM   #922
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bhairavp Quote
5AM GMT = 6AM London time.
It is summer time so CT = UTC/GMT - 5 and London time is GMT + 1.

Therefore 10pm CT = 4am London time.

The Online Photographer says 11pm CT, therefore 5am London time or 1pm Tokyo time (JST).

06-22-2011, 04:53 AM   #923
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
It is summer time so CT = UTC/GMT - 5 and London time is GMT + 1.

Therefore 10pm CT = 4am London time.

The Online Photographer says 11pm CT, therefore 5am London time or 1pm Tokyo time (JST).
Yep, the 11pm CST time Mike posted matches with the photorumors 'hoya announcement' time of 1PM in Japan. Should be interesting, 11pm can't come soon enough!
06-22-2011, 07:13 AM   #924
Veteran Member

It might be that mirrorless 645-compatible body that we all want, with full weather sealing. Available in traditional black or silver, with flamingo, turquoise and mandarin available as limited release specials in the Japanese market.
06-22-2011, 08:18 AM   #925
Veteran Member

I am certainly intrigued, but if it really is using a 1/2.33 sensor then I will forget about it about 30 secs after I browse through the "hands on preview" from DPR. Panasonic just released a camera that is small enough to fit in a pocket (when used with a pancake prime). Olympus is about to do the same with a PEN Mini. Oly is also about to release their first high end metal prime that should be a match for the Pentax DA Limited's. Unless the NC-1 is under $300 I don't know who in their right mind would buy it over the GF3 or upcoming PEN Mini.
06-22-2011, 08:44 AM - 1 Like   #926
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Art Vandelay II Quote
I am certainly intrigued, but if it really is using a 1/2.33 sensor then I will forget about it about 30 secs after I browse through the "hands on preview" from DPR. Panasonic just released a camera that is small enough to fit in a pocket (when used with a pancake prime). Olympus is about to do the same with a PEN Mini. Oly is also about to release their first high end metal prime that should be a match for the Pentax DA Limited's. Unless the NC-1 is under $300 I don't know who in their right mind would buy it over the GF3 or upcoming PEN Mini.
Agreed 100%. I just thought of something: What if Pentax is completely faking everyone out and this imminent launch is for something really good? Like the ultimate APS-C, weather-resistant, mirrorless camera with proper lenses, adaptors for existing DA lenses plus accessories? Or is that just too Machiavellian?
06-22-2011, 08:45 AM   #927
Veteran Member

Pentax must have some strong marketing data to show that there is demand for something like this. I don't see the need. There are plenty of good options in the mini sensor market segment. I hope Pentax did not spend a lot of money on product development for some thing like this.
06-22-2011, 10:08 AM   #928
Veteran Member

From all the rumor specs I went just brought an Olympus E-PL2 for my wife's birthday. With a 1/2.33 size sensor it just didn't seem to be a camera my wife would want for an upgrade to a Canon P&S camera.
06-22-2011, 10:23 AM   #929
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Art Vandelay II Quote
Unless the NC-1 is under $300 I don't know who in their right mind would buy it over the GF3 or upcoming PEN Mini.
Exactly.

I hate to judge the product before it is released, but I know the proposed tiny sensor will not please me no matter what magic the camera works.
06-22-2011, 10:34 AM   #930
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
Pentax must have some strong marketing data to show that there is demand for something like this. I don't see the need. There are plenty of good options in the mini sensor market segment. I hope Pentax did not spend a lot of money on product development for some thing like this.
Pentx has been on a bit of a hit streak lately - K-x, 645d, K-5, so maybe the deserve the benefit of the doubt...