01-25-2011, 08:54 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Pentax JAPAN formally apologizes on their website

To PENTAX K-5 Digital SLR Camera Users

QuoteQuote:
January 26, 2011
To PENTAX K-5 Digital SLR Camera Users
We would like to express our heartfelt appreciation for your patronage of PENTAX products.

We deeply regret that the first shipment of our PENTAX K-5 digital SLR camera included some products with a stained image sensor — a problem which we believe was caused during manufacturing — causing them to occasionally produce images with spots which look something like water drops, and which users cannot remove with ordinary cleaning methods.

All users of these defective products will receive free repair at our service center.

We sincerely apologize for any trouble and inconvenience this problem may have caused. We also promise to do all we can to achieve the highest level of quality control in the future, and eliminate any worries our customers might have about our products. We sincerely appreciate your kind understanding and cooperation regarding this issue.
So, it is not true that our beloved Pentax cannot admit faults. Good to know. Hope they do the same with both remaining issues too.

Pentax, Thank You for the statement

01-25-2011, 09:13 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It says a lot about a company when they can own up to faults instead of sweeping them under the rug.
01-25-2011, 10:22 PM   #3
Veteran Member

there still going to be a lot of people would whine about the stain issue even though they did come out and apologize about this issue.

Here are some points to the whiners, Google about Canon 1D Mk III(personally know a few people has such issues with their 1D Mk IIIs), there were tons of issue with that camera... It's not just Pentax has some issues, other manufactures as well. As long as they admit it's their fault and are willing to fix their problems, they would produce fine products now and in the future.

So please believe in Pentax and go out shooting, I think all problems would be solved....
01-25-2011, 10:23 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
It would be nice if the same apology appeared on the Pentax USA website soon.

01-25-2011, 11:09 PM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Frakkin amazing, they apologize, and you still aren't satisfied?
01-26-2011, 12:24 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Probably soon. Always Pentax Japan first then they follow.
01-26-2011, 12:31 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wheatfield,
The antagonistic attitude really isn't needed or useful. People in the States don't necessarily read Japanese. My point is that they sell their equipment worldwide and as such it would be respectful of their customers to post the same message (tranlated accordingly) on all of their websites.

I am also so very tired of your nasty attitude. Every time I see your avitar in a thread, I cringe for whoever has attracted your scorn of the moment. It is certainly off-putting to new members. I know you've made a lot of posts on the forum and I've come across some very useful ones, but honestly whatever good you do is often overshadowed by your unpleasantness.

01-26-2011, 12:34 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

I don't really care much about what makes you tired.
I was just asking a simple question.
01-26-2011, 03:27 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Wow, great move by Pentax!

QuoteOriginally posted by loveisageless Quote
It would be nice if the same apology appeared on the Pentax USA website soon.
No doubt Carolyn & Josh will be on to it in no time.

QuoteOriginally posted by loveisageless Quote
People in the States don't necessarily read Japanese.
I thought I didn't either. But if you stare at the announcement long enough, it becomes legible! It looks like English, almost, I think.
01-26-2011, 03:31 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
I was just asking a simple question.
Don't try and worm out of it now, it wasn't a simple question, it was a rude put down. As usual ... for you.
01-26-2011, 04:22 AM   #11
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Calm down boys.
Isn't anything significant to start jabbing each other about.

It's an apology. Give them the opportunity to publicise it all around...
01-26-2011, 07:18 AM   #12
Veteran Member

its a really good thing that Pentax acknowledge the problem and say sorry like this.

01-26-2011, 07:24 AM   #13
Veteran Member

I am very pleased with Pentax's apology, even it was posted in Japan. Give them a break... or maybe switch to Canon?
01-26-2011, 09:23 AM   #14
Veteran Member

This is probably the first acknowledgement that there was a problem is probably the first I've seen from Pentax, so indeed, give it time to make it around to the other sites. It was hard for them to do this and "lose face"....
01-26-2011, 10:02 AM   #15
Pentaxian

Why repair? Brand new replacement would be an appropriate gesture when it's their fault.