Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-27-2011, 02:58 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Many K-5s are on their way back home!

The Turkish representative of Pentax (Nar Teknoloji) today released a statement which can be summarized as below (they are still to sell their very first "legally imported" K-5 here):
- There is a delay in the customs (which may have nothing to do with Pentax or its representative, by the way).
- The cameras were inspected while they were waiting for customs procedures to complete. Unfortunately, most of them had the sensor stain problem.
- The representative decided to send them back to Pentax Europe and the few remaining ones with good sensors will be used as samples for the press when the procedures are complete.
- Those who want to buy a K-5 from the local markets should wait for some time.

It seems plausible that others are also returning units back as well. I guess the recent signs of shortage of K5s in certain markets may have something to do with Pentax busy replacing the faulty sensors.

02-06-2011, 08:14 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bc_the_path Quote
The Turkish representative of Pentax (Nar Teknoloji) today released a statement which can be summarized as below (they are still to sell their very first "legally imported" K-5 here):
- There is a delay in the customs (which may have nothing to do with Pentax or its representative, by the way).
- The cameras were inspected while they were waiting for customs procedures to complete. Unfortunately, most of them had the sensor stain problem.
- The representative decided to send them back to Pentax Europe and the few remaining ones with good sensors will be used as samples for the press when the procedures are complete.
- Those who want to buy a K-5 from the local markets should wait for some time.

It seems plausible that others are also returning units back as well. I guess the recent signs of shortage of K5s in certain markets may have something to do with Pentax busy replacing the faulty sensors.
It's interesting to see what's going on as PENTAX tries to sell the K-5 internationally. Hope PENTAX can get to the root of the sensor stain issue...

--DragonLord